tintenter23rd May 2008 9:46 amtintenter is confirmed
MW25th May 2008 9:40 amMW is confirmed
Pikey25th May 2008 10:33 pmPikey is confirmed

Bodsy
Site Sponsor 

United Kingdom 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3
Grp Buy - Optima Yellow Top Closing 25/5/08

EDIT

OK, An update on the Traxide units & a summary of all the options so far....

Optima YellowTop Battery - £149
Bracket for Battery (inc bolts) - £3

(Will combine this to one option for £152)

Traxide SC40LR Plug & Play Kit - £85 The above kit enables split charging (two Batteries) and all cables required cut to length & joined/sealed to connectros. Self fit is limited to routing cable & connecting the relevant ends as per the simple instructions.

Traxide SC80LR Plug & Play Kit - £102
The above kit enables split charging (three Batteries (Aux +tintent/boot/trailer) and same cables as SC40 (but heavier duty) cut to length & joined/sealed to connectors. Self fit is limited to routing cable & connecting the relevant ends as per the simple instructions.
The Traxide kits do NOT come with the battery bracket to save postage & cost etc, but we have them available for £3 locally if you already have an additional battery, or it's combined with the Optima price already.
The above kits will only connect split charging from your main battery to the Aux battery. They do not have additional wiring for 12v sockets, third battery etc. For that, you will need to make your own, or use one of the ready prepared kits below.

Traxide Twin Power Socket Extension (LR-TPSE) - £56
The above kit enables two 12v sockets in the rear of the D3. All cables & instructions as above. (works with SC40 & SC80)

Traxide High Current Extension Kit (LR-HCE) - £62
The above kit enables an Anderson plug at the rear of the D3 for additional (3rd) Battery connection. Recommended only with the SC80LR

**NEW**
Traxide Full Power Cable Kit (LR-FPC) - £97 (saving £21)

The Full Power Cable Kit is brand new and a modified combination of both the TPSE and HCE kits but at a lower combined price. Recommended only with the SC80LR

All of the Traxide LR kits come with comprehensive D3 specific installation instruction containing loads of pictures to make any installation as easy and quick as possible.

The Traxide prices are based on ordering 3 or more main units (SC80/SC40) at a time, we can place multiple orders.

I'll update the signup above (somehow) to try to best show the options. Once you have re-confirmed your options, I'll advise you by PM on how payment should be made Thumbs Up

Select which main option you want & then post if you also want the TPSE, HCE or FPC Thumbs Up

FYI, my personal option to order is :-
Battery + bracket £152
SC80LR £102 (little difference in price from SC40)
LR-FPC - £97 (Best of both worlds)

I'd like to order the first 3 sets ASAP to check if any customs issues /charges etc, so please sign up ASAP. Thumbs Up

If there is any money left over due to final exchange rate conversion etc, then it will be donated to the site.
Just to be clear I am not making any additional GROUP BUY donation to the site (other than any money left over). I may decide to make a personal donation once it's finished, but the onus is on individuals to decide how much & if they wish to make a donation. Please don't turn the post into a should I shouldn't I donate post, it's down to you, I have no opinion on if you should or shouldn't.
Also to be clear, I am not profiting from this, other than the same benefits that are available for all. I give my time free of charge to organise this and I expect nothing in return.
Any questions on that, please PM me.

*****************************************************************************************
Hi All,

I'm planning on getting an Optima Yellow top in preparation for DVD's & fridge & 'stuff' on my trip with the Family to Italy in the summer.

The best price I have found so far (New) is £165 so I've asked a couple of people if they'd do a better price for a group buy of 5 units (or more). 5 isn't very many to get a high discount, but I don't think there's a very high demand for this.

Unless someone else already has a good source of these at a good price they can share with us?

So initial sign up is for interest only at this stage and then once it's clearer on numbers, i can get into a better bartering position on the exact price.

Distribution would be through the (assuming now) D3 courier network, otherwise it adds £15 a unit onto whatever price I can get.

I'm looking at using Drivesafe's dual charger set up because it's easy to install and I can do it myself. There are many other dual charge set-ups, but those that have installed it, have done so easily. I have asked Drivesafe for a price, but will ask him for a multiple shipment price also. IIRC he quoted about £94 landed price of the kit in one of his posts.
You CAN do the dual setup with some cable & a solenoid/relay, but I'm after the easy to configure/use route.

So the sign up is (at the moment) just for interest in the Optima Yellow Top D34 battery which fits directly into your spare battery compartment.

Here's the battery
http://www.optimabatteryshop.co.uk/i-Optim...-I439.html
 Bodsys Brake Bible

D4/D3 Remote FBH heat kits
BAS Remaps/ EGR Blank
Transmission Flush
Software updates/enabling

Clock/ SNOTM /3Flash / 4x4Info /BT Update /Service Reset/Error Codes / Gearbox Reset
See It Here 

Last edited by Bodsy on 2nd Jun 2008 3:19 pm. Edited 12 times in total 
Post #29912515th May 2008 11:28 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Non Stick Nick

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Auto Tonga GreenDiscovery 3

Hello,
You may also like to consider the Deka Intimidator.
This is a glass mat battery as opposed to the coils of the Optima.
Much better priced than optima, rated slightly lower @ 55 amp hours, not drop tested like optima but who is going to drop one?. It has a better starting performance than optima yellows.
I got one from Frogs on 01235832100 & am very happy with it.
Non Stick
 I am a hob nobber.  
Post #29916815th May 2008 1:36 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Bodsy
Site Sponsor 

How much did you pay & is it a wet cell?
 Bodsys Brake Bible

BAS Remaps/ EGR Blank
Transmission Flush

Clock/ SNOTM /3Flash / 4x4Info /BT Update /Service Reset/Error Codes / Gearbox Reset
See It Here 

Post #29917015th May 2008 1:40 pm
tintenter

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Corris GreyDiscovery 4

I have registered at the 165 price although not in a rush as it will be fitted when i get round to fitting the hidden winch, and it goes with out saying that if we can get it cheaper the interest rises
Laughing
 Tintenter
Corris Grey Discovery 4 HSE

Bigger permagrin now installed

Semper in excretum, sole profundum moveat. 

Post #29917915th May 2008 2:04 pm
TallPaul

United Kingdom 

Hey Bodsy,

Assuming we are talking about the Yellow Top S 4.2 (the one with no side terminals), specs sheet in gallery then I am interested at £165, but as tintenter says I am sure we can get a deal if we can be patient enough to get a few people together.

Friend has used 4leaf batteries before in Norfolk in the past for yellow tops at good price, their website says £178 at the moment but I am sure they are advertising in LRM or LRO for less, have to have a look tonight at home for their latest ad.

May or may not be interested in the drivesafe/traxide system, I have read all the posts/discussions/arguments and I personally feel that the "kit" is a bit overpriced given the "kit" is nearly double the price of the controller and just includes a few bits of cable and the LR bracket.

Has anyone asked Nick how much the bracket is? (as is he probably sick of me emailing and phoning him by now! Rolling with laughter )

Paul

Post #29918415th May 2008 2:19 pm
Bodsy
Site Sponsor 

I've got the price down to £155 so far. Others are working on the price & I will update you. Even at £155, I'll definately have one.

Re the Drivesafe kit, I'd agree that it is more expensive that getting the wires etc seperately yourself, but you know, for me, It's just to make it simple to fit. I can't be faffed to work out what cables I need etc so a lazy mans solution or for those with limited electrical experience.

As I said, there are many other ways to fit it & I know TFC uses straight forward components & he's got the required knowledge & skill to fit it. Bow down
I haven't Embarassed Embarassed Wink

EDIT Embarassed forgot to say, yes it's the 4.2 D34 without the side terminals. Exactly the one needed. Thumbs Up
 Bodsys Brake Bible

BAS Remaps/ EGR Blank
Transmission Flush

See It Here 

Post #29919815th May 2008 2:42 pm
Bodsy
Site Sponsor 

Oh Nick, not interested in the starting performance of the Yellow Top as an Aux battery, it won't usually be used for starting, just all the kids 12V adapters! But if yoiu have a price yoiu can PM me for it Thumbs Up
 Bodsys Brake Bible

BAS Remaps/ EGR Blank
Transmission Flush

See It Here 

Post #29920015th May 2008 2:47 pm
10forcash

United Kingdom 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Manual Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

From the Deka spec sheet...
Quote:
IMPORTANT CHARGING INSTRUCTIONS: WARRANTY VOID IF OPENED OR IMPROPERLY CHARGED. Do not install in a sealed container. Constant under- or overcharging will damage
any battery and shorten its life! Use a good constant potential, voltage-regulated charger. Charge to at least 14.4 volts but no more than 14.6 volts at 68°F (20°C). The open circuit
voltage of a fully charged 12-volt AGM battery is 12.8V at 68°F (20°C). As the battery charges, the building internal pressure (voltage) causes resistance to the charge. Therefore, the
on-charge voltage must be higher (at least 14.2V) to overcome this internal pressure (voltage) during charging.
Remember that the D3 can charge up to 15.5VDC.... The Optima's are the only battery i'd fit on a Disco3 as they are rated for the higher charge voltage  
Post #29920315th May 2008 2:52 pm
Bodsy
Site Sponsor 

Thanks 10, can you get a better deal on the price Inc Vat?
 Bodsys Brake Bible

BAS Remaps/ EGR Blank
Transmission Flush

See It Here 

Post #29920515th May 2008 2:55 pm
10forcash

I can do 'em for £149.00 inc vat

Post #29921115th May 2008 2:58 pm
Bodsy
Site Sponsor 

TLO, you PM'd me & I got the e-mail, but not the PM in my inbox..... Most strange......
I have sent you a new PM, let me know if you got it Thumbs Up (Sorry 10..... Whistle )
 Bodsys Brake Bible

BAS Remaps/ EGR Blank
Transmission Flush

See It Here 

Post #29921215th May 2008 2:59 pm
Bodsy
Site Sponsor 

any further discount for Bulk....... Wink
 Bodsys Brake Bible

BAS Remaps/ EGR Blank
Transmission Flush

See It Here 

Post #29921415th May 2008 3:00 pm
10forcash

That is bulk Thud Wink

Post #29921715th May 2008 3:02 pm
TallPaul

United Kingdom 

Can't comment on charge voltages etc but having seen one run on its side for 3 years in an Audi S3 wheel well it shared with three Alpine amplifiers (i.e. very hot) and going strong for 3 years+ I would buy one based on this and reputation alone! (even before you consider its the correct dimensions and good performance etc). That particular battery went on to lead a life in retirement in my mates brothers camper van as I recall and is still going well some 6 years after purchase!

@bodsy, had split charge before but only with basic lead acid batteries, used simple 180A relay (which I have in the spares box come to think of it) but I would definitely recommend a delay joining the batteries so you start first then join if possible.

This is why ideally I would go for some sort of electronic control of a basic relay system. All the benefits of the intelligence, with the fallback to just connecting up the relay in an emergency if required. There is a "IBS BM3" that seems to fit the job but (a) it has too many LED's (b) its of £100 which is silly.

I am mainly interested in running a load while stationary rather than emergency starts or winching. A relay and a switch would probably do me as a temporary measure...

If anyone wants a hand in the M3/M4 corridor happy to help, my consumptions quite high at 2-3 TPH (Tea's per hour) so you may need to prepare a jetboil in advance... Whistle

Post #29921915th May 2008 3:06 pm
gilmore

England 

Is there a group buy on the Drivesafe dual chargers? We could do a Group Self Fit round at Bodsy's house! Thumbs Up Bow down Whistle

cheers
rob
 All opinions expressed in this posting are my own and are not necessarily those of someone who knows what they are talking about.

Land Rover Defender V8, 50th Anniversary Edition
Mercedes ML350CDI
HM Moto CRE300X
Honda CRF250X
1974 Honda CB750K4
1975 Honda CB750K5
Ford Transit Custom (for the bikes) 

Post #29924715th May 2008 4:24 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 17 123 ... 151617>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >