Advertise on DISCO3.CO.UK
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Dealership & Sponsor Feedback

Guy Salmon Stockport and Loan Cars
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
SN

Guy Salmon Stockport and Loan Cars

To say I'm fuming is an understatement! Here's the story...

Got my car booked in for week for them to have Attempt #2 at the Engine System Management issue (happened again on the M40 at Warwick yesterday) - booked it in a couple of weeks ago to ensure I got a loaner - one was identified at the time and I was told - bring your driving licence. I asked about insurance "No its OK you'll be on our insurance sir but it'll be £10 to get the excess down from £10000 to £250". For convenience I asked if I could do the swap Saturday (today) to avoid the hassle on Tuesday morning.

Turned up this morning at 9AM - nice guy was seeing to me and then he asked to see a Utility Bill! Of course I didn't have one with me - can't remember whether the previous guy had asked me but this morning's guy said he couldn't do anything about - he said they'd been threatened with the sack if they let a loan car go out without seeing one. So off I went back home to get a bill. Arrived back 30 minutes later. As I we were going through the photocopying palava I asked - do you want your £10 now? His response... "Leave it till you hand the loan car back!" I asked why (you know - insurance money is usually paid up front) His response... "Its £10 a day and it depends how long it takes to fix your car" Shocked Shocked Shocked

So great - its likely to cost me nearly £100 for me to HAVE THE SAME QUALITY OF CAR as I bought off them 10 weeks ago for over £30K whilst they fix MY CAR !!!! Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad I said I could of done it on my own insurance for hardly anything - but thats not the point!

So I've taken my own car home, left the loaner there (and its not the AZT one Gareth had - I made sure of that!) and will be back on Tuesday morning at 8AM to have it out with the Service Manager Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

Oh and another thing - having explained last week what was wrong - the description on the job sheet wasn't right so I had to sort that out too! The only good thing is it recorded as this is now the THIRD attempt for them to fix it - I'd forgotten about the Day 1 trip back to GS about the fault!
 Steve N | 21MY Defender | 08MY Discovery 3 (history) | 06MY Discovery 3 (ancient history)   
Post #5538729th Apr 2006 10:05 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Gareth
Site Moderator 

United Kingdom 

Steve, I was not charged this £10 Confused.

Either I was not covered for the excess excess, or GS paid it for me. Your car is under warranty and is broken, I see no reason why you should have to pay this. If it was in for service then fair enough.

I was asked to show a utility bill, and my driving license both parts.

I dealt with Derek Shier who is extremely helpful.

And another thing, I did not even buy my car from them! so they should be more helpful to you if anything.

Post #5539729th Apr 2006 10:53 am
d3matt

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

When taking a loan car from our local dealer (was Ford Ka's, now Focus) you have to show both parts of your driving license and your insurance policy. If your policy covers any vehicle, you drive it on your own cover - if not, you use their cover. There's never been any mention of paying to lower the excess though.
Still, when you take in your £45K Range Rover, it's not very cool driving out with a battered bergandy Ford Ka.
 Matt  
Post #5554329th Apr 2006 10:12 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
DG
Site Moderator 

Wales 

When are they going to learn how to get this right Evil or Very Mad - it should be sooo straight forward.

Somebody needs a rocket up their a*se for this kind of treatment Evil or Very Mad
 21 year LR veteran > D2 GS 2003 > D3 S 2006 > D3 HSE 2009 > D4 HSE 2013 > D4 HSE 2015 > D5 HSE 2018 > DS HSE R-Dynamic P300e 2021  
Post #5554529th Apr 2006 10:32 pm
SN

Thinking about it - there's two issues now;

1. my objection to paying upto £100 to reduce a ridiculous excess down to something reasonable (with a £5000 excess you're effectively running Third Party only);

2. on Gareth's behalf - if he'd written off the miserable AZT D3 - would he have copped for an (unbeknown to him) £5000 bill?

I'm waiting for Tuesday morning.... (oh and you can bet the tank will be on the Red too)
 Steve N | 21MY Defender | 08MY Discovery 3 (history) | 06MY Discovery 3 (ancient history)   
Post #5565430th Apr 2006 8:50 pm
Slimer
Site Moderator 

United Kingdom 

One thought on this Steve, assuming you don't have an accident and need that reduced excess just tell them when you take it back that you decided you didn't want the extra cover and it won't cost you anything!
 The End  
Post #5566530th Apr 2006 9:12 pm
Gareth
Site Moderator 

United Kingdom 

I would have loved to have seen them try to get 5k out of me Twisted Evil It was never mentioned.

It had 1/4 tank of fuel.

As far as I was concerned, my car was delivered to them before my holiday, they did not complete the agreed work in time, and they loaned me a car.

Post #5566630th Apr 2006 9:14 pm
adam

United Kingdom 

Steve
Unusual treatment - I had a Focus from LR assist when mine got dropped into GS in SK - they seemed really helpfull
Also I have had 2 courtesy Freelanders from Williams in Mcr - never even asked to see license - also very good service
Good luck tomorrow
 Now Golf GTI PP, 7 speed DSG.
Ex D3 and D4 

Post #557451st May 2006 9:16 am
Gareth
Site Moderator 

United Kingdom 

Now you mention it, GS once offered to get me a car from LRA when mine was in for the new seat.

I really don't think that Land Rover has a consistent policy for loan cars in warranty, and pass on the responsibility and cost to the delaers.

I don't know if this is standard throughout the industry, but Mini (BMW) have lent my wife a Mini when hers went in for the little amount of work required. They even delivered the loan Mini and trailered hers away.

I suspect it may have something to do with the amount of loaners needed.

Post #557531st May 2006 9:30 am
SN

Judging by the A4 booking sheet they use, I think they have 3 D3's on their loaner list.
Post #557571st May 2006 9:44 am
croyde

When I bought my Beemer, 7 years ago, the dealer had a policy of loaning out a better model in the hope that you would decide to buy from them again.

Didn't last long tho' and they changed to VW Polos. Had one for a day and wondered what I was doing driving a big gas guzzling car that could not fit in most of the parking spaces when this little Polo was just right for the job.

Told the BMW dealer that they were doing a good sales job for VW and he just laughed uncertainly.

Post #5728710th May 2006 2:36 pm
Very Annoyed

England 

Cooper Cobham?
 Loving the power of the TDV8!  
Post #5729010th May 2006 3:11 pm
croyde

Close, Cooper Wimbledon. Very Happy

Post #5729310th May 2006 3:42 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: