Advertise on DISCO3.CO.UK
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Dealership & Sponsor Feedback

Guy Salmon of Stockport, strange and bizarre.
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
D'arkuk

England 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 XS Manual Java BlackDiscovery 3

Well it's only had two services so far, the first at 12 months old, resulting in them changing a major part, I think (I'm at home at the moment and the paperwork is at the office) it was the gear box. Then I had the front passenger window (in an odd way) shatter, thinking that there might be (it started below the seal) a problem, I went back to them and to be fair they replaced the window FOC but not the tint. I think it was at this point that I first mentioned the problems I was having in selecting some (reverse was the worst) gears. I was asked if I was using the clutch properly? and told then or at one of the other two or three times that I mentioned it that, the car/gear box needs to warm up a bit before you can engage gear/reverse properly! and despite me mentioning that it was not just at start up and at one of the later times that it was also getting worse I was told that; it is a Land Rover and it does have two gear boxes to engage! or something to that effect. O.K. try (I thought that I had bought a new modern car) not to laugh when I say this next bit, but at the time of buying the car I had heard some bad stuff about the Freelander and the K series engine and so I quizzed the sales man (your laughing aren't you) who convinced me that the 2004 face lift wasn't just a face lift and that the engine and in fact the entire car was now rock solid. This was the same person that told me, when I reported the steering wheel being off centre (and the car pulling to the left) when you drive in a straight line, that this is because the car has big wheels (your still laughing aren't you? Stop it) and it's almost impossible to get the steering wheel right on a car with big wheels. The rest of the history starts at the top of this page and in the link in the first post; you could (if you wanted to) argue that for at least 50% of the time they have been fantastic.
 Brute force and ignorance, the D3 does the rest.  
Post #10185414th Nov 2006 10:22 pm
D'arkuk

Hi all, guess what, I didn’t get a call back (Deja vous / Deja vous) from Guy Salmon of Stockport again today, so I called them and asked again for Steve Otley the dealer principal, I was told that he was out today, so I asked the lady at reception whether or not Steve had been getting my messages and she confirmed that he has. I was soooo imprested that I left another message for him to call me tomorrow, explaining that I’m fast running out of patience. Mad
Post #10204615th Nov 2006 5:57 pm
DN
D3 Decade 

Ukraine 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 Base 7 Seat Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3
Re: Stockport

[ 30 miles later I go to fit the ISOFIX seat in the back and turn round to yellow wax crayon on the door hinge - check-plate panel saying QC thin paint and it's (seriously) 2 feet long.

Well 90BHP, I think you were blessed on this occasion, it must have been one of the rare occasions when anyone from QC at the factory was actually awake. Some of us have had to point out paint defects ourselves. Rolling Eyes

Post #10243816th Nov 2006 11:23 pm
D'arkuk

Hi all, my secretary took a call from Martin at Guy Salmon of Stockport yesterday, he explained that Steve Otley the dealer principal was tied up and would not be able to call me. After I was finally able to get out of the meeting I was stuck in for most of the day she gave me the message, I then phoned Guy Salmon back with the intention of asking Martin when Steve would be able to contact me as this information was not given, however neither Martin or (when Martin wasn’t available I asked for Steve) Steve could take my call. As I type this a nice man from the Jag dealer I use has just arrived to take one of the cars away for something, apparently on time, looking at him smartly dressed with a big smile on his face; on this occasion we have not requested a courtesy car as the Jag will get dropped back in later on today. What a difference a dealer makes.
Post #10252717th Nov 2006 10:21 am
D'arkuk

O.K. so no call back, so I gave it one more go and asked for Steve, he was busy; however decided to explain (to the secretary) that too much time has passed and enough was enough and it was time to take other action but before I did would she like to knock on his door and tell him that I am on the line. She was able to put my call through and I had a nice chat with Steve, it started with an apology from him just for having to talk to him in the first place and an explanation that he was under the impression that the problem had been resolved, I told him everything (See my first post) and he was not happy. We ended the call with Steve asking to be afforded the time to look into things and a promise of a call back, which I was happy with.
Steve then phoned back within about five or ten minutes, promptly (and genuinely) apologized again and explained that my Freelander was booked in tomorrow and I would be getting a D3, however much more importantly he took my comments on board and asked if he could call me when all the work was done, to check that I was happy.
Post #10329720th Nov 2006 6:01 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >