Advertise on DISCO3.CO.UK
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Dealership & Sponsor Feedback

Guy Salmon of Stockport, strange and bizarre.
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>
D'arkuk

England 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 XS Manual Java BlackDiscovery 3
Guy Salmon of Stockport, strange and bizarre.

I’ve just had the most strange and bizarre convocation with Guy Salmon of Stockport, I’ll explain, my two year and three month old Freelander went in to Guy Salomon of Stockport on the 16th of Oct, the main reason was for water ingress however I was also getting fed up with being told (I had already inquired in to this problem with them two or three times) that my gear selection problem was down to me and that I should appreciate that the car does have two gear boxes, there are also other daft niggles such as the steering wheel being of centre when you drive in a straight line, I have been told by Guy Salmon of Stockport that this is because the car has big wheels and it’s almost impossible to get the steering wheel right on a car with big wheels. So on the 16th I drove the car to Guy Salmon Stockport and an engineer jumped in and he took it for a test drive and low and behold there was a problem with the gear (manual) select. So I left it with them, they had it for just under a week and I collected the car. I was told that the log book and other stuff that you get in the plastic folder (destroyed by the water ingress) was on order and would be sorted out in due course and when pressed further they admitted that they had forgotten to check the soft (that cost a fortune) top that was in the boot and would I cheque it, I said I would and that I would also check the tool kit. I have not got around to doing this, however two days ago I had a number of wires fall down from under the dash board along with some black gaffer tape, they are so long that they raped around my feet and the cars pedals. I decided to give Guy Salmon a call to get it booked in but thought that I would check the damage to the soft top and tool kit first and what do you think I found, that’s right water (and rust) ingress. So I called Guy Salmon’s (of Stockport) service department and explained that I’m not (I did also ask if its standard procedure for Land Rover to put there cars together with gaffer tape) impressed and explained that before I took the car back to them that I wanted a call from a manager, as I wanted some assurance that the problems would be sorted out this time. I got that call, and the manager told me that he would make sure that things got sorted out this time and that he could book me in on Monday and I could have a Festa or I could wait two or three weeks for a Freelander, they are after all very busy. I told the manager that I was not happy at getting a crappy Festa but appreciated that the car must be looked at A.S.A.P. However the manager then decided to point out to me that they are under no obligation to give me a loan car of any sort, I told him that this was not the sort of thing I expect from a main dealer, so he then decided to point out to me that they are under no obligation to give me a loan car of any sort. I then told him that I was under no obligation to give him my business and guess what, he decided to point out to me that they are under no obligation to give me a loan car of any sort. The strange and bizarre call was ended with the manager (who will take care of everything for me this time) explaining that he would get some one to call me to get the car booked in. I very promptly got a call back to book the car in and the young lady explained that she was to book me in for the 27th of Nov, she seamed to have a problem understanding my next request and I had to repeat it three or four times before she understood “Get the dealer principal (of Guy Salmon Stockport) to call me” I hope it’s still Steve Otley as he was able to help me before See:-http://www.disco3.co.uk/forum/topic5785.html

I will keep you informed of the progress.

P.S. Did I mention that the dealer was Guy Salmon of Stockport?

P.P.S. After talking to Guy Salmon of Stockport, I needed to get one of my Jags booked in (when you put the heated rear windscreen on you lose the radio) to the dealer to be looked at. It’s being looked at tomorrow and if they need to keep it I won’t be getting a Festa. When I told him about the conversation that I had just had with Guy Salmon of Stockport he wet himself and promptly told me that he had some more nice shiny new Jags that he thought I would like.
 Brute force and ignorance, the D3 does the rest. 

Last edited by D'arkuk on 8th Nov 2006 11:08 pm. Edited 1 time in total 
Post #999538th Nov 2006 7:29 pm
SN

I can concur that they are a bit 'odd' when it comes to loan cars... Confused
 Steve N | 21MY Defender | 08MY Discovery 3 (history) | 06MY Discovery 3 (ancient history)   
Post #999558th Nov 2006 7:49 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Gareth
Site Moderator 

United Kingdom 

Mine in next week and I have a D3 loaner, booked three weeks ago though.

Post #999608th Nov 2006 7:59 pm
D'arkuk

It's not just the loaner far from it; It's having to go back to fix the same proplem and the other stuff that they forgot and the stuff they did not notice ie Rust, with the attituded that I should be gratefull to get a Fiesta and I'm supposed to drive around in a dangerous car untill the 27th of Nov, with my partner ready to give birth on or befor the 15th of Dec.
Post #999688th Nov 2006 8:20 pm
Gareth
Site Moderator 

United Kingdom 

Thats not good, and you should not be treated like that. I have had a few 'repeat' issues over the past two years, but got a car from LRA to get around. I din not buy my D3 from GS, but they service it. Did you buy your FL & D3 from them?

I have to say that my recent experiences have been good, with all requests fulfilled. I have one on-going, the dodgy park brake, but thats an LR problem and not GS.

Maybe you should talk to another dealer if they don't sort it quick.

Post #999708th Nov 2006 8:27 pm
D'arkuk

Gareth I did get my FL from them as for the D3 look at the link on my post, that's another sad and sorry tale.
As for
Quote:
Maybe you should talk to another dealer if they don't sort it quick.
I'll be doing more than that. Brute force and ignorance, the D3 does the rest. 

Last edited by D'arkuk on 8th Nov 2006 11:46 pm. Edited 1 time in total 
Post #999728th Nov 2006 8:36 pm
JKO

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3

Hi

Read my post 'Disappointment with Guy Salmon Stockport'. I also have been messed about and their lack of quality control and service never ceased to amaze me.

You will see from my post that problems I was told had been rectified had not been done. Indeed, following on from my last post the saga continued and when eventually they did fix the problems (all of which were simple, but merely needed to be done properly) the car was handed back to me with a scuff on the rear wheel arch. New one on order but yet more inconvenience.

I really do think Guy Salmon Stockport need to sort out quality control so that repeat visits are not necessary. Believe it or not, I was told by one of their job managers that there is a problem with technicians as they have no quality control and they are responsible for their own work.

I find this incredible and such a very easy problem to solve. Technicians whose work is returned as unacceptable or not completed should have their work inspected and if they are not up to standard after being given adequate training then they should be fired.

Post #999968th Nov 2006 10:05 pm
D'arkuk

Thanks JKO I did read your post 'Disappointment with Guy Salmon Stockport', I would also like to thank you for your input in this post as well. Thumbs Up
Post #1000128th Nov 2006 11:13 pm
D'arkuk

Hi all, I got no call back from Guy Salmon of Stockport yesterday, so I called them late on and asked for Steve Otley the dealer principal and was told that he was out of the office until Monday so I left a message with reception for him to phone me on Mon.

Can anyone shed some light on what all this stuff is?
http://www.photobox.co.uk/album/4384708
Post #10043010th Nov 2006 10:37 am
Gareth
Site Moderator 

United Kingdom 

You haven't got any sort of aftermarket equipment, like phone kit, stereo, alarm, driving lamps or similar?

Often the wiring is far longer than needed, and gets bundled up behind the dash. I would secure with a zip tie, but others may use gaffer or insulation tape to secure excess wires. Generaly, a fitter will coil up and secure excess wiring rather than cut and shorthen it.

Post #10045910th Nov 2006 12:17 pm
D'arkuk

Good thinking Gareth Thumbs Up , when I bought the car (New) from Guy Salmon of Stockport, I did go for the Sat Nav option they offered me at the time, other than that I can’t think of anything else. I had to remove (it nearly caused a crash when it first came down) most of the gaffer that was hanging off the wires as it was like a magnet to my feet and the pedals, it was like trying to drive with your shoe laces tied together and trapped behind the pedals.
Post #10046710th Nov 2006 12:56 pm
D'arkuk

Hi all, I got no call back (Deja vous) from Guy Salmon of Stockport yesterday, so I called them and asked again for Steve Otley the dealer principal, I was told that he was with a customer so I left another message with reception Re: the Freelander, for him to phone me before 1.15 P.M. today (I need to take my partner to the hospital for another scan this afternoon) or anytime tomorrow.
Post #10160614th Nov 2006 1:14 pm
90BHP

United Kingdom 2009 Discovery 3 TDV6 XS Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 3
Stockport

These rogues were the supplying dealer for my GE fleet D3. Delivered on a low loader no problem all fine and dandy.

30 miles later I go to fit the ISOFIX seat in the back and turn round to yellow wax crayon on the door hinge - check-plate panel saying QC thin paint and it's (seriously) 2 feet long.

Some time later (like 20 seconds) On Phone to Stockport, sorry he's at lunch. And no he's not available.

Call to (contact) at landrover and I get the sales manager on his mobile. Appologises and says this is very rare he will sort with local dealer....

So he effectively passed the problem off with absolutely no hardship at all. Will I ever go back, will I boll@x.

Poor PDI, Poor valet and how the hell did it get out of the factory having failed QC.

Will be sorted between Christmas and new Year at my convenience...
 "To finish first, one first has to finish ...."  
Post #10172314th Nov 2006 6:42 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
D'arkuk

I'm very sorry to hear about your problems with "These rogues" Guy Salmon of Stockport 90BHP and I very much hope that you get your car sorted, at your convenience. I just hope Steve Otley, the dealer principal, calls me back very soon before I'm forced to take things further. Thank's for your input into this post. Thumbs Up
Post #10175214th Nov 2006 7:35 pm
90BHP

United Kingdom 2009 Discovery 3 TDV6 XS Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 3
No Probs

Sometimes the more previous poor service you throw at them, the easier it becomes to make a point Wink
 "To finish first, one first has to finish ...."  
Post #10177814th Nov 2006 8:23 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >