Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Maintenance & Mods (D3)

Engine Management shuts down when outside temp get hot
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Tankdfm

United Kingdom 2008 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Unknown ColourDiscovery 3
Engine Management shuts down when outside temp get hot

Ok a confusing one. The old D3 runs fine till the outside temp gets to around 30 Deg.
It does not matter if your driving or its parked in the sun, if the body work gets hot ( outside temp sensor reading around 28 to 30 Deg ) I get engine system, gearbox, special features, and parkbreak failure. The guages start to bounce from one stop to the other.
If your driving you can just about keep going by revving the nuts off it but once you turn the engine off it won't start till it cools down. Cool down took 4 hours last time.
If on returning to parked car and it's got hot it will start but then after a few yards the above happens.

I had one breakdown recovery mechanic read the log and he said a module was fried as he was not getting any readings from it, he also said the car would not work again till it was replaced but by the time he had recovered me home hey presto it was fine and he drove it off the truck. That confused him.

It drives fine at night but in this heat we are having forget driving anywhere after 11 or before 5.

Not sure if it would make any difference but the Aircon is not working don't know if that would keep things cooler.

Any help please folks

Post #19609447th Jul 2018 11:40 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >