Advertise on DISCO3.CO.UK
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Technical (D4)

Halogen bulbs
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Airbus Guy

Kenya 2014 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Corris GreyDiscovery 4

The reply given by LR is wrong, just plain wrong. I've been having a bit of a battle with them regarding the really poor lighting on my MY14 XS with Halogen Lights. I too consulted the owners hand book and the online manual for both MY14 and MY15 and in both it states that the bulbs are H7 when in fact they are Philips 9012. There do not appear to be any aftermarket more powerful bulbs available for this bulb specification. In desperation I ordered a pair of the MY14 Xenon Headlights with Signature LED through TVLR at a cost of £860 each plus vat. Asked TVLR to fit them and activate them for me but despite being the correct lights for the vehicle, they couldn't activate them because they were locked out of the BCM. They asked LR for access but LR's response was "if I had wanted Xenons, I should have specced at build" and that they were not willing to allow them to be fitted and activated. So, to cut a long story short, I've handed the vehicle back to the dealers and exchanged it for a MY14 HSE which does have the xenons. The difference is, if you'll excuse the pun, night and day except on high beam which is still somewhat less illuminating due to the use of a single filament but at least I can see a whole lot better on dipped beam now.
So dont waste your money on xtremes or night breakers because they wont fit and so you're basically stuck with what you have.

Post #142390410th Feb 2015 9:47 pm
Bartonfields

United Kingdom 2014 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 Base 7 Seat Auto Rimini RedDiscovery 4

OK before I email them again I'm going to have to dismantle the front of the Discovery and have a look inside and see what's there... Like you say Airbus Guy if they are the 9012s then I really am stuck with them as I can't trade-in and upgrade to an HSE for the sake of better lights - unless someone out there can supply, fit and activate a new set of Xenons for me.

Post #142407011th Feb 2015 10:57 am
vit2203

Russia 2013 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 SE Auto Chawton WhiteDiscovery 4

Hello everyone! Prompt as D4 in 2013 will include an additional option when cornering lights in the SDD in the 139 configuration change is not available.
I read on the Russian forum http://lr-club.com/index.php?showtopic=103...try1888421 that this is done by substituting ccf files but link it removed or not working where to get them
You can still read these files change, but they are encoded, and how and what program do not find it.
Help please give a link or what to do.
Thank U.

Всем привет! Подскажите как д4 2013 года включит опцию дополнительные фонари при поворотах, в SDD в 139 изменение конфигурации не доступно.
Я читал на российском форуме http://lr-club.com/index.php?showtopic=103...try1888421 что это делается путем подмены CCF файлов но ссылку там удалили или не работает где их взять
Еще читал можно эти файлы изменять , но они закодированные , и как и какой программой это делать не нашел.
Помогите пожалуйста или дайте ссылку что и как делать.
Спасибо.

Post #142413411th Feb 2015 1:41 pm
fat bloke

United Kingdom 2015 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 SE Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4

The New Phillips 9012 bulbs are brighter than h7 bulbs .

Post #142435911th Feb 2015 9:11 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >