Advertise on DISCO3.CO.UK
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Faults & Fixes (D3)

Hanbrake Failure
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 15 of 15 <123 ... 131415
Disco3Ben

United Kingdom 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Barolo BlackDiscovery 3

Does this sound like I've just experienced the same problem?
reversed the D3 onto the drive, put it in park and put the handbrake on - to be met with a god awful loud screeching noise, so loud in fact that I thought it was coming form building works next door!!
then hand brake warning light on the dash.

anything I can do to reset it?
could someone help me understand what's actually happened please as I'm new to these cars.

thanks Smile

Post #183752816th Jul 2017 7:27 pm
KS2017

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 Base 7 Seat Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

We had a parking brake sensor issue and had the EPB replaced but it didn't fix it.

As it wasn't stopping the car from driving, we kept driving it.

We had a new issue with the ride height a few weeks ago. It happened while the car was parked, it would self level to the bump stops. we thought the sensor had gone. Plugged in the nanocom to discover all the factory setting had cleared themselves so the car didn't know what level it was at.

We asked a friend who is a ex master technician to plug his box of tricks into it to reset the heights for us after helping us fit a new sensor but it turned out LR had sent the wrong side so didn't actually get fitted. While he was looking in at it, he asked if we were having issues with the parking brake and a few other items which we confirmed we did have issues with. He confirmed it was most likely be because of a known fault with the original loom and not the sensor. The loom is so encase, it holds water and corrodes the wiring eventually! it also looked that someone has tried to by-pass it on the loom before we bought it.

Just waiting to replace the loom the upgraded version and reset the ride heights yet as the car has thrown out the factory settings yet again.

He is going to get us a new improved loom and help us fit it at in a week or two.

I don't know if this is the same problem you've just started to experience but we got to this conclusion though a bit of trial and error which can be expensive way to diagnose the issue.

Post #183768717th Jul 2017 12:50 pm
Disco3Ben

United Kingdom 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Barolo BlackDiscovery 3

presume it's ok to just leave the car in Park for now and not use the handbrake until I get the chance to sort it?

Post #183809518th Jul 2017 1:24 pm
harryrodger@btinternet.com

United Kingdom 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 Base 7 Seat Auto Baltic BlueDiscovery 3

Hand brake cable you don't need to pull it fare out but watch direction you pull as shown in book and watch it does not catch on plastic put towards steering wheel. But the brake jammed on will be the shoes inside the centre off disc at rear they will have stuck to outer face inside centre of disc. Run the adjuster back and you may need to hit centre of discs

Post #185753714th Sep 2017 2:49 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 15 of 15 <123 ... 131415
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >