DISCO3.CO.UK > In Car Electronics (D3)

Harmon Kardon Diversity Antenna
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
caverD3

Australia 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 SE Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4
Harmon Kardon Diversity Antenna

Posted in General Section but should have been here I think. Embarassed
Does anyone know exactly where the two diversity antennas are and the location of the two amplifiers?
Spoke to the dealer yesterday. They say the second antenna is on the tailgate window. The amp should be behind the trip at the top of the window.
Could someone with the Harmon Kardon system check for me. I need to know the part number.
They have also said that they will have to put a new window in as they cannot connect the wires to the tab on the window. Is that the case or is there a way of sticking it on?
 â€œThere are only three sports: bullfighting, motor racing, and mountaineering; all the rest are merely games”
Ernest Hemmingway
D4 3.0 Active Diff, Adaptive Lights, High Beam Assist, Surround Cameras, Privacy Glass.
D3 2.7:Adaptive Headlights,Electronic Rear Diff,ARB Bar,Blaupunkt Speakers,JVC Powered Subwoofer,Removable Snorkel,Mitch Hitch,Pioneer After Market Head Unit,Steering Wheel Control Adaptor,Remote Adjustable Supension Rod System, Taxside Dual Battery System. 

Post #22281810th Nov 2007 1:46 am
Alex08

Scotland 

I had the rear screen replaced last summer and initially Autoglass put one in without the connectors for the amps. They had to get a genuine LR screen to get one with the connectors as these are added at the time of the electrical pattern placement and cannot be soldered on later, even though there is a 'spot' for them. If you need the box numbers I could take the trim off and look tomorrow -there are 2 boxes there that connect to the screen - one red and one black. No idea what each one does though!

My HSE also has connectors on the 3rd row windows, but for some reason they are only connected on the Driver's side - so something must be there too!

Post #22326711th Nov 2007 10:38 pm
caverD3

Thanks Alex
That would be great if you could get the numbers off the units.
I wonder if one is the for the GPS aerial? Do you have the sat nav?
I know the drivers side connection is for the other aerial.
The dealer is saying that they will need to replace the rear screen. Said what you were told but I wondered why they can't use silver epoxy.

http://www.mgchemicals.com/products/8331.html
 â€œThere are only three sports: bullfighting, motor racing, and mountaineering; all the rest are merely games”
Ernest Hemmingway
D4 3.0 Active Diff, Adaptive Lights, High Beam Assist, Surround Cameras, Privacy Glass.
D3 2.7:Adaptive Headlights,Electronic Rear Diff,ARB Bar,Blaupunkt Speakers,JVC Powered Subwoofer,Removable Snorkel,Mitch Hitch,Pioneer After Market Head Unit,Steering Wheel Control Adaptor,Remote Adjustable Supension Rod System, Taxside Dual Battery System. 

Post #22328711th Nov 2007 11:26 pm
Alex08

Scotland 

Apparently you can't get the connecting tabs separately. The boxes in the tailgate trim BOTH connect to the rear glass antenna - neither goes to the satnav receiver in the stop lamp. I'll get the trim off again tomorrow and look at the box numbers, but surely the dealer can look these up on the schematics?! I have the HSE.

Post #22329211th Nov 2007 11:33 pm
caverD3

I have the scematics so does the dealer but they don't show part no. Dealer is tryig to get LR to pay for the upgrade. Very Happy However the stopper may be if they have to replace the rear window. Crying or Very sad According to the scematics it should be a matter of adding a diversity amp, connecting to window and a coax and power cable between the two amps.
Ernest Hemmingway

Post #22330412th Nov 2007 12:04 am
Alex08

Scotland 

OK this is what they look like

Overview of the box positions:

Right Box (red) Part Number XUI 000130 E

Left Box (white) Part Number XUC 000072 A

Had to scrape the frost off this morning to get these!!
Hope this helps you. You can see the antenna connection to the glass in the photos - if you need higher res I can email them if you pm me. The extra antenna cable crossing the white box is the GPS one if I remember correctly.

Post #22334312th Nov 2007 10:15 am
caverD3

Thanks Alex that is great. Thumbs Up
I need the part Nos though. Can they be read in the hi res photos?
I have Pmed you my e-mail anyway. Very Happy
Ernest Hemmingway

Post #22334912th Nov 2007 10:38 am
Alex08

Scotland 

Part numbers are just before the photos!! Wink

Post #22335512th Nov 2007 10:58 am
Alex08

Scotland 

Part numbers are just before the photos!! Wink

oops - Embarassed Embarassed used the back button too much! Sorry for double posting!

Post #22335612th Nov 2007 10:59 am
caverD3

and I missed the part numbers. Embarassed
I can read them off the photos too. Very Happy
Ernest Hemmingway

Post #22337312th Nov 2007 12:49 pm
Alex08

Scotland 

By the way, in case you have never seen it, the reason why my front and back screens seem white on the overview picture is FROST. That is water frozen from the air overnight after condensing on the car Laughing Laughing

Post #22337912th Nov 2007 1:20 pm
caverD3

Yes we just had a cold spell too. Reached only fifteen degrees. Laughing for about a week. Shocked
Ernest Hemmingway

Post #22358712th Nov 2007 10:05 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >