Advertise on DISCO3.CO.UK
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Dealership & Sponsor Feedback

Harwoods Basingstoke (formerly W Webbers)
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
maddogsetc

England 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Lugano TealDiscovery 3
Harwoods Basingstoke (formerly W Webbers)

Has anyone had any experience of this dealership? I bought my D3 there last year and have been increasingly unimpressed with their service level. Since the change to Harwoods it has got worse still.

I am fed up with having to explain why a basic fiesta isn't a good enough replacement for my Disco - they seem so shocked at this - when I said it didn't encourage me to buy a LR again the response was 'what, because of a car?'!!!!! When I commented that even a Freelander was ' a bit cheap' the guy insisted on arguing with me - 'some Freelanders now cost £40k, I wouldn't call that cheap'. WTF???????

They used to deliver me a car and collect mine, now they tell me I can have a courtesy car but only if I come and get it and I can ASK for a Freelander but they can't tell me until the day before if I can have one. I said what happens if I can't, the answer was 'postpone the booking'!

On top of this they NEVER clean my car, inside or out (and the cortesy car was filthy too), NEVER return my calls, CHRGE for work that hasn't been agreed or even discussed with me, don't LISTEN to me, treat me like an IDIOT(I complained that the FRONT door central locking wasn't realeasing, they told me curtly that it was because I had the child locks on. There were two child seats in the BACK of the car - do they think I don't know what a child lock is???) and they always sound like its just too much trouble.

I am going to try Hunters in Guildford instead - I SO hope they are better. My last car was a Mercedes ML. It might have been unreliable but at least the dealers were efficient, sounded like they wanted to help, cleaned my car, didn't argue with me, gave me a decent replacement (E320 vs fiesta 1.1) on my all too frequent trips to the garage. I have owned BMW, Porsche, Maserati, Land Rover, Lotus. Even the Lotus dealers were better than this and believe me that's saying something. Is this how LR encourage D3 owners to upgrade to FFRR? Oh well, looks like its back to the Germans for me next time. That Q7 does look nice....

Post #22858327th Nov 2007 1:45 pm
Pelyma

England 

Tell them to speak to the Pulborough branch, they seem to know how to look after you. I'd avoid Hunters, Guava in Guildford gets some good reports, but I've not used them.
 DS3 TDV6 HSE - Silver with Alpaca (old one) Gone
DS3 TDV6 HSE- Silver with Alpaca (new one) Gone
D4 HSE Lux - Montalcino Red Gone
Porsche Cayenne V8 Diesel S 

Post #22858527th Nov 2007 1:47 pm
maddogsetc

Pelyma wrote:
Tell them to speak to the Pulborough branch, they seem to know how to look after you. I'd avoid Hunters, Guava in Guildford gets some good reports, but I've not used them.

Thanks Pelyma. Have you experienced problems with Hunters then? They seemed more helpful when I booked it in but maybe I'm being swayed by the fact I didn't have to have argue with them about the relative merits of collecting a Ford fiesta from them!!!

I think I'm gonna be just too far for Pulborough. Interesting, though - the Basingstoke guy told me it was due to Harwoods policy they could no longer deliver a courtesy car to me and also that they could no longer gurarantee a Freelander.

Post #22859227th Nov 2007 2:17 pm
heapster

England 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3

Not sure if it's common accross the Harwoods empire, but the one in Edenbridge couldn't be worse. You would think that walking in offering to buy a new D3 HSE would get you some service, but apparently not. The general theme seems to be that if you're not buying a brand new FFRR then you don't deserve to buy from them.

Specifically, when I was looking at one of their ex-demo D3s this April, they offered me £3k less than the Parkers for my BMW, plus the price they quoted me for the D3 was MORE than was listed on the used LR website by £1500! Went to Caffyns Lewes (from whom I have bought before) and got great tradein value, excellent personal service and they drop me an email every 6 month to check it's all OK.

Post #22859827th Nov 2007 2:33 pm
Pelyma

England 

Not sure if it is because they were previous dealerships(Testers and Webbers) but Pulborough have always done well for me, David Marsh has sold cars to lots of my friends from Fl to FFRR TDV8 and all speak well

I've not used Hunters but they are often mentioned on here! Shmoogle on the dark side has used Guava recently.
 DS3 TDV6 HSE - Silver with Alpaca (old one) Gone
DS3 TDV6 HSE- Silver with Alpaca (new one) Gone
D4 HSE Lux - Montalcino Red Gone
Porsche Cayenne V8 Diesel S 

Post #22860127th Nov 2007 2:38 pm
crews control

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Lux Auto Waitomo GreyDiscovery 4

I've used Guava in Guildford and found them to be excellent. Great service, listened to all my moans without treating me like an idiot and resolved everything (and more) as promised. They were also about £100 cheaper than Hunters for the last (second) service. - They also clean the car!

The only issue I had was the loaner car was a 1980's Triumph thing (or was is a Woosley?) It was so old I couldn't tell.

Still, I'll go there again for the way they sorted my D3 - just wont take the loaner car.

Rolling Eyes
 2005 D3 HSE
2011 D4 Landmark
2016 D4 HSE Lux
2017 Ford Tourneo VR46
Club Waitomo 

Post #22860927th Nov 2007 2:58 pm
heapster

England 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3

Pelyma wrote:
Not sure if it is because they were previous dealerships(Testers and Webbers)

You may be right. I was after a D2 a few years ago and got the same treatment from Testers.

Glad I went back to Caffyns Lewes - great service all round.

Post #22862827th Nov 2007 3:47 pm
maddogsetc

I have to say that the sales guys at Webbers were very good. Honest, fair and likeable people. Its the shower in service that I have a problem with. I've tried to like them. In the early days they contacted me after I filled out a feedback form and we talked through my issues. Couldn't help but feel they were just going through the motions though and now everything that I was unhappy about at first is back, only worse.

It may be a coincidence, but things did deem to take a real turn for the worse after the takeover - you just get the impression when you talk to them that they aren't happy.

Thanks Crews Control for the comments about Guava. The loan car does worry me a bit though - its an important point for me and I'm not sure a 1980's Triumph is gonna be much better than Harwoods Fiesta!

Ironically I have a (reputedly) good independent just a few hundred yards from me (Keith Gott) but as its warranty work I need doing I have to go to the main dealers.

Post #22863727th Nov 2007 4:00 pm
Buckingham

United Kingdom 2009 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Rimini RedDiscovery 3

I havent been to Webbers since late September and did not realise it was changing....
I have used the service department there on a number of occassions this year....to my complete satisfaction.
They used to be a "look down their nose at you" dealer and so I used Lancasters but since the beginning of the year when Martin, the service manager started it has been completely different...the bloke cant do enough for me....
I do hope he is still there....might pop in tomorrow and see....

Post #22870627th Nov 2007 8:39 pm
sacimiddx

United Kingdom 2014 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Baltic BlueDiscovery 4

I think u r correct

my experience with them was poor
 Illegitimi Non Carborundum  
Post #22914829th Nov 2007 10:20 am
maddogsetc

Update: Hunters must be really keen - they turned up to take my car away a week early! Not sure if this augurs well or badly!!!

Post #2309315th Dec 2007 3:28 pm
Vanguard

United Kingdom 

Hampshire's not too far away from Wiltshire. Try Ottons in Salisbury. Have used them for a couple of years and always been impressed! Thumbs Up

Post #2310875th Dec 2007 11:35 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >