Advertise on DISCO3.CO.UK
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Camping, Caravanning and Holidays

headlights for france
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
AVO30

Wales 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

Thanks DSL.... Just saw the previous post with the manual page is very different from mine.... I shall have to check when i get it back from the Dealer (oh yeah in for a new compressor Big Cry ) against the above page.....

Post #137295413th Nov 2014 7:10 pm
Spikey

United Kingdom 2008 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3

Well I take my D3 to France several times a year and on our first trip found the lever and then took a while working out if I'd really adjusted anything or not.. I spent ages trying to work out the instructions, mainly because in the D3 handbook it talks about Left-Hand Drive and Right-Hand Drive countries, rather than from the earlier posting of the D4 book, position 1 for home market and position 2 for other side of the road countries..

I may have been being a bit thick, but I was thinking LH Drive countries would be those where you drive a LH Drive vehicle, i.e. France etc, but no, the LR Handbook means LH Side of the road. Embarassed I used to wonder why I got regular headlight flashes in France, particularly on the way back to the night ferry in Caen for some reason. It turns out I was using the UK setting over there and the other way round here... I did get flashed at in UK too sometimes.

Since I've sorted it all out, I can see better too!!

However, I have always felt that for a £50k + car, there really ought to be a dash mounted switch, or a selection in the Information settings or something, rather than having to cut yourself, risk dropping a xenon headlight trying to flip the lever, or cracking the front grille each time...

Post #137295513th Nov 2014 7:15 pm
DSL
Keeper of the wheelie bin 

Ukraine 

I killed my post as had missed the bit that you were getting flashed, my reply was don't change it but that might not be the right route for you. Are you getting flashed in UK, lights set too high?

Post #137295613th Nov 2014 7:16 pm
AVO30

Wales 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

DSL,

I haven't been flashed in the UK but I only had the car there for a few days before bringing it down here (Italy) so wouldn't like to say for sure. Hopefully I get it back this afternoon with a nice shiny new compressor and can check then....

I thought the embarrasing blushing face was for my stupidity Very Happy .....

Spikey,

I agree, my neighbour got a bit of a shock when I started pulling the grill off and taking out a light cluster on my 'new' D3, shame there isn't a switch inside!

Cheers guys,

Post #137336814th Nov 2014 1:56 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >