DISCO3.CO.UK > Maintenance & Mods (D3)

Headturner tips (no girls involved)
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Great Dane

Denmark 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3
Headturner tips (no girls involved)

Good evening Gents.
Here are the results from the Danish jury.
Brand new on the forum, I will start by saying many thanks for a thoroughly nice website Very Happy
I bought my Disco 3 a few month ago, and I must admit it keeps growing on me every day. Only minor problems, all solved by upgrades at LR (actually in Kendal, Cumbria, during our holiday in July). Thanks to them as well.
Well here it is ! Once you've gotten over the first couple of "show off" weeks, you just have to act to maintain the leader position. Know what I mean ? Anyway, that's how I felt and here's what I did. Surfin, surfin, surfin and even more surfin, and Bang, there it was.
http://www.projectkahndiscovery.com/
These guys are awesome. You just have to se it to believe it.
I went during our UK holiday (they're in Bradford), and I felt like a boy in a toy shop. I simply couldn't resist buying a set of RS-C2 9"x22" wheels including tyres. I managed to fit them into the rear of the car, but had to empty 7 bags of clothes (five of us on holiday) etc. into the hollow parts of the wheels to be able to get it all home. great fun and hard work.
Anyway, my black Disco3 now looks almost exactly like the one shown on their website. Next thing to order will be the exhaust system wit 4x90mm pipes !!! I can't wait.
The wheels has made anyone turn heads and is a great subject almost anywhere I park. It has not affected the comfort of driving at all. When I learn how to do it, I will add photos of my own car.
I dealt with a very patient and friendly bloke called "Snowy" in case anyone is interested. Can mail fhotos of car/wheels on request.
All the best from Denmark.
 It does exactly what it says in the manual, mostly...

2006 TDV6 HSE fully loaded, 9"x22" Project kahn RS-C2 wheels, 2001 Westfield SEight 3,9, 1970 Minor Traveller, Toro lawn tractor, 2 sheds... 

Post #7949419th Aug 2006 5:42 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
simon

United Kingdom 2011 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4
Re: Headturner tips (no girls involved)

Great Dane wrote:
The wheels has made anyone turn heads and is a great subject almost anywhere I park. It has not affected the comfort of driving at all. When I learn how to do it, I will add photos of my own car.
I dealt with a very patient and friendly bloke called "Snowy" in case anyone is interested. Can mail fhotos of car/wheels on request.
All the best from Denmark.

I hope Snowy told you NOT to go off road in them nor even attempt to go near any mud Wink

Bit too bling for me but each to their own Smile

Post #7949519th Aug 2006 5:45 pm
Great Dane

Denmark 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3

Hey, I never thought about that ! What a shame, anyone want's to buy a set of wheels ?
No my friend, I'm from Denmark. We don't have hills and off roads are restricted for tractors only. If we could go off road in our LR's that would probably be taxed too.
I'm a pimp and I like my wheels !
 It does exactly what it says in the manual, mostly...

2006 TDV6 HSE fully loaded, 9"x22" Project kahn RS-C2 wheels, 2001 Westfield SEight 3,9, 1970 Minor Traveller, Toro lawn tractor, 2 sheds... 

Post #7949719th Aug 2006 5:57 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
simon

United Kingdom 2011 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

Great Dane wrote:
Hey, I never thought about that ! What a shame, anyone want's to buy a set of wheels ?
No my friend, I'm from Denmark. We don't have hills and off roads are restricted for tractors only. If we could go off road in our LR's that would probably be taxed too.
I'm a pimp and I like my wheels !

Ah... explains it then Wink

Enjoy and mind the kerb when parking... could be expensive.

Sounds like the UK is moving towards the Danish tax ideal and banning of anything remotely enjoyable or dangerous.

-s

Post #7950419th Aug 2006 7:39 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >