Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Maintenance & Mods (D4)

Heated steering wheel retrofit - issue with horn not working
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Marc.R

United Kingdom 2013 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Orkney GreyDiscovery 4
Heated steering wheel retrofit - issue with horn not working

Hi all, I’m looking for a little advice with my heated steering wheel retrofitting, the car is a 2013 D4 HSE and I have come to a head scratching moment...

so far - I fitted the heated clock spring, found the power connector hidden in foam and connected it, I have an older style ECU heated wheel (unused) and have a also bought a new heated switch pack from Dan at Duckworth’s, I fitted it all and I got the heated switch to light up green, then amber when I activate it, the wheel gets warm Thumbs Up happy days, or so I thought lol.

The issue is my horn wont work when this is fitted, I have also tried a used switchpack previously and it did the same. If I return it back to the standard wheel and switches all is ok.

I did note the heated switchpack has 2 extra pins in the large multi plug connection compared to the non heated version, the connection on the non heated wheel uses all bar those 2 it seems.

What am I missing? Is the heated wheel loom different to a non heated one? I’m confused, I can’t seem to find any solutions to this from reading any other posts re retrofitting.

Any ideas folks? Anything is welcome, I’m stuck lol Confused

Update - there are indeed 2 different steering wheel looms, one for heated, one without.

Post #20333432nd Mar 2019 8:01 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >