Advertise on DISCO3.CO.UK
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Technical (D4)

Heated washers
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 3 of 3 <123
popsdosh

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 Graphite LE Auto Corris GreyDiscovery 4

If its -6 they may not work anyhow as although the jets are heated the lines feeding them are not.

Post #235910316th Jan 2024 7:47 am
faulksy

Wales 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Orkney GreyDiscovery 4

hi. it didnt reach -6 it was -3 and nothing froze. i do have the night heater on though 30 mins before leaving for work
 had a d1 ,d2 a land mark d4 for 3 days now have awsome d4 in orkney grey hse sdv6 my12  
Post #235918916th Jan 2024 8:26 pm
Pete K

England 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Rimini RedDiscovery 3

Pipes should have the correct antifreeze mixture in them so shouldn’t freeze

Post #235919516th Jan 2024 8:48 pm
popsdosh

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 Graphite LE Auto Corris GreyDiscovery 4

how many times have I heard that , only as good as the person putting it in . Nearly all ready mixed only goes to minus five at best . you will be surprised how many people pick up ready to use by mistake and then dilute it further . I use 50/50 mix of concentrate this time of year.

Post #235921917th Jan 2024 7:36 am
faulksy

Wales 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Orkney GreyDiscovery 4

Flack wrote:
Ok I have to report back i have just been out to my car and done another test with the washer heaters still not getting hot without the program switch being on but i decided to check the mirrors with my hand held tempi probe and Censored me it showed a slight increase in tempi then dropped off again...

Now i posted earlier that i had heated washers and not heated mirrors well i have only had the car 6 years and the mirrors have never shown any signs of heating up so this test got me hooked on why it showed a heat change on the mirror as i thought they where not fitted on my car.

So i started to look around at all the connectors and plugs on my mirrors and washer circuit including the relays on the drivers side mirror harness i found a broken core in SJ210 wire the earth wire,my drivers side mirror casing has had crack in since i bought the car and thought nothing if it as mirror was ok and you could only see the crack when the mirror was folded back but this impact on the mirror must have damaged the core and it has failed.

So after repairing the wire on the mirror i tested the mirror out again with my tempi probe and it went up to 54 degrees Mr. Green Mr. Green ,So i thought right let the car cool down and then try just starting the car and not switch on the program switch and just see what happened and guess what the Censored Censored thing works in full auto now both mirrors steaming with heat and both washers jets 52 degrees on the tempi probe.. Razz Razz Razz Razz .

So Cooperman17 with you posting this question i now have nice warm mirrors and washers working in Auto and Nickj we have a 100% confirmed they work on auto...

That's what makes this site so good on info for all of us you learn and find out things about the D3 every day you log on and read Bow down Bow down

Flack Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Thumbs Up

i know its a old post but, do you have a pic of were this is ?
thanks
 had a d1 ,d2 a land mark d4 for 3 days now have awsome d4 in orkney grey hse sdv6 my12  
Post #23614358th Feb 2024 10:15 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 3 of 3 <123
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >