Advertise on DISCO3.CO.UK
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Technical (D3)

Help - Changing Xenon lamp for driving on left?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
d3matt

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3
Help - Changing Xenon lamp for driving on left?

I'm off to France in the morning and I'm trying to change the headlamp angle. The manual says there is a lever to push up (up for driving on the right, down for driving on the left).

I've taken the lights out, but cannot find the lever inside. Anyone know?

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

These are the adaptive bi-xenons on the HSE. It's getting late, so I need to put the car back together Embarassed Any quick help will be appreciated.
 Matt  
Post #13004314th Feb 2007 10:17 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
10forcash

United Kingdom 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Manual Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

don't bother - I didn't, three times, and no problems 8) after all, it's not your fault that they drive on the wrong side of the road Laughing Laughing

Post #13004514th Feb 2007 10:38 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
bkehoe

Ireland 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

They (the people who drive on the wrong side of the road) never seem to bother when coming over here (or to the uk), so why should we? Wink
 IE - 05 D3 TDV6 HSE - Zambezi Silver
SA - 07 VW Golf TDI - White - Sold! 

Post #13004914th Feb 2007 11:19 pm
RLD
Uncle Ray 

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

I did not bother nether they never seem to do it to come over here unless you plan to do a lot of night driving.
 Home of RLD Hidden winch mounts Spare wheel Locks Trailer Body Fabrication [email protected] D3/4 sump plates MY 14 sump plates and the Discovery Sport wheel protectors Discovery 5 wheel locks
more Helsport tents and other things for camping Law of Mechanical Repair:
"After your hands are coated with grease, your nose will begin to itch and you'll have to pee!" 

Post #13005014th Feb 2007 11:22 pm
NoDo$h

Ukraine 

Click image to enlarge

The lever is circled red on this edited version of your pic. It is spring loaded and returns to centre after pushing up or down. Without looking at the handbook, I think you push up for LHD and down for RHD but as I have a 50/50 chance of getting that wrong, you may want to check before you do it? I'll be doing mine on Friday lunchtime as soon as we get on the Chunnel.
 I know it's not considered "kind" to say no these days, but no. Just no, ok? And if it's not ok, still no.  
Post #13005214th Feb 2007 11:44 pm
d3matt

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

After a lot of searching (we need to be able to add keywords to articles for the search to work successfully!), I found this thread http://www.disco3.co.uk/forum/topic849.html which was very helpful.
I now realise that with the adaptive lights, you can swivel the bulb assembly to one side slightly which then exposes the lever better.

Click image to enlarge

Even so, it's still not very obvious that anything has changed when you move this lever. Anyway, I have now done both lamps and gone for a drive this evening and I can't really tell any difference. So I do now agree with you all - why bother?
 Matt  
Post #13005915th Feb 2007 12:19 am
bluebarchetta

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Manual Cairns BlueDiscovery 3

NoDo$h wrote:
Click image to enlarge

The lever is circled red on this edited version of your pic. It is spring loaded and returns to centre after pushing up or down. Without looking at the handbook, I think you push up for LHD and down for RHD but as I have a 50/50 chance of getting that wrong, you may want to check before you do it? I'll be doing mine on Friday lunchtime as soon as we get on the Chunnel.

I was told off for doing this the last time I went Embarassed - apparently having your bonnet open can set off the fire detection system Confused

Post #13006915th Feb 2007 7:47 am
SPOTTER

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3

Embarassed I have to admit I gave up and left it.....didn't get flashed at all....the Xenons appear to give a fairly even spread anyway it isn't immediately apparent they were set to one side or the other........
 end of an era ....... maybe a Defender when it appears.......  
Post #13007315th Feb 2007 9:28 am
NoDo$h

Ukraine 

bluebarchetta wrote:
I was told off for doing this the last time I went Embarassed - apparently having your bonnet open can set off the fire detection system Confused

Shocked Oooh, I hadn't thought of that. I guess opening the bonnet on a warm engine will cause a sudden rise in heat and will show up hotspots on their thermal detection system, so that makes sense.

Well provided it's not raining I could always do it in the carpark at Ashford. Or not bother. Or do it this evening when I've finished packing.

I'm opting for not bother at the moment. Rolling Eyes
 I know it's not considered "kind" to say no these days, but no. Just no, ok? And if it's not ok, still no.  
Post #13009515th Feb 2007 10:42 am
Pelyma

England 

The dealer did my parents car FOC, but it didn't seem to make much/any difference!
 DS3 TDV6 HSE - Silver with Alpaca (old one) Gone
DS3 TDV6 HSE- Silver with Alpaca (new one) Gone
D4 HSE Lux - Montalcino Red Gone
Porsche Cayenne V8 Diesel S 

Post #13012315th Feb 2007 12:36 pm
MartinDitter

France 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Bonatti GreyDiscovery 3
What about a French car wanting to go to the UK....

thank you for the pictures. I live in France and the handbook that came with my Disco is void of any mention regarding adjustments that can be made to the headlights. Reading the advice on the forum and looking at the pictures I took my lights out and it seems that there is no mechanism at all other than the springs that hold the lamp in place.

Does that mean that LR does not expect any European left-hand drive back into the UK?

Post #48776927th Jun 2009 11:40 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >