DISCO3.CO.UK > General

Help/Urgent Car came but doesn't correspond to order
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
olive

Belgium 
Help/Urgent Car came but doesn't correspond to order

Hi all!

I went to see my new family member a Disco HSE at the dealers today - just for fun, delivery was to take place later.

As soon as I saw my car I noticed it didn't have the glass roof I ordered! What a disappointment! The dealer was rather shocked, too, says the mistake was made at the factory. And then started telling me how the glass roof isn't really any good at all Shocked . Well, he obviously wants to sell me this car very badly.

We agreed that he and I would think of a possible solution until tomorrow. He would like to give me a reduction in price (the value of the sun roof) which is self-evident plus some accessories. My car is loaded with accessories as it is and i don't feel like wanting anything else.

The other possibility is to order a new car and wait 4-5 months, according to him. It would then be a 2007 model. He says they cost 1500€ more now - but I don't think I 'd have to pay anything extra, would I?

So - what would you do in my place?

Post #6483019th Jun 2006 4:18 pm
Pelyma

England 

I don't think the glass roof is that big a deal. My HSE has it, but my parents' SE doesn't. It is very rare that I use the sunroof. My first tack would be to see what they are going to knock off and hope you get a fair amount of compensation. If not reorder and get compensation for the extra wait.
 DS3 TDV6 HSE - Silver with Alpaca (old one) Gone
DS3 TDV6 HSE- Silver with Alpaca (new one) Gone
D4 HSE Lux - Montalcino Red Gone
Porsche Cayenne V8 Diesel S 

Post #6483719th Jun 2006 5:15 pm
DG
Site Moderator 

Wales 

Take the discount !! But add on 25% of what you're offered for the inconvenience and dealer goodwill Wink
 21 year LR veteran > D2 GS 2003 > D3 S 2006 > D3 HSE 2009 > D4 HSE 2013 > D4 HSE 2015 > D5 HSE 2018 > DS HSE R-Dynamic P300e 2021  
Post #6483919th Jun 2006 5:22 pm
olive

Belgium 

But is there a real difference between the 2006 and the 2007 models? Why is the latter 1500€ more expensive?

I don't really mind waiting for the perfect car, the only bad thing is I'll have to start repairing my old car, since I was thinking of getting rid of it now and not several months later.

Do you think I could ask for compensation for the wait?

Post #6486319th Jun 2006 6:45 pm
DG
Site Moderator 

Wales 

You ordered a vehicle in good faith and entered into a contract with the dealer. He has failed to provide the agreed specification that you signed for.

I don't know what your law is like... but you would have to allow a reasonable time period for the dealer to rectify the situation . In the UK reasonable would be about 1 month.....therefore 5 to 6 months is unreasonable in my book and should be compensated for.
 21 year LR veteran > D2 GS 2003 > D3 S 2006 > D3 HSE 2009 > D4 HSE 2013 > D4 HSE 2015 > D5 HSE 2018 > DS HSE R-Dynamic P300e 2021  
Post #6486519th Jun 2006 6:53 pm
d3matt

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

I don't think the glass (alpine) roof is that big a deal either. It looks great from the outside, but inside the glass panels are small and you wouldn't really miss it.
Does it still have a front sunroof? Not really needed either when you have air con.
 Matt  
Post #6486619th Jun 2006 6:59 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
olive

Belgium 

Thanks for all of the quick answers. It's hard to make up my mind on ehat to do.

No, the car has no sunroof at all... I too liked the way the alpine roof looked from the OUTside Crying or Very sad

Any ideas of what level of compensation would be reasonable if I decide to take the car after all?

Post #6487119th Jun 2006 7:12 pm
Ken

Is the roof not a standard item on a euro LHD HSE then,

Would make the dealer pay they have messed up suggest they loan you a D3 until such a time as they can provide the vehicle ordered.

They are able to swap bulid slots around. They will however really want you to take the mis-order as it will be ageing stock if you dont (on their books) try for cost plus a transaction fee. Start low remember your the one they have insulted by not actioning your order correctly 1st rule of customer service delivery (Listen check with customer check order then order) I did work for a dealer group and I know with the right words you can push them

Post #6487219th Jun 2006 7:19 pm
olive

Belgium 

Ken,

It would be really great, if I could go for the borrow acar while I wait for my new one to arrive, but I really don't think they would accept that.

The sunroof is an option on the HSE here in Belgium.

What did you mean by the "go for the cost and a transaction fee"?

Post #6487319th Jun 2006 7:26 pm
Ken

The loan car is a possibility remember you’re the customer they have inconvenienced so don’t worry about pushing your agent

Cost plus transaction

The Vehicle has a stand in value (The cost to the dealer) the transaction fee is basically the sales man income. So add the two together. the agent has moved a car on, adds to the their unit count (they get better discounts deals and slot numbers the more units that are pushed through) The Sales Man gets his income from the deal so he’s happy and helpful

The dealer makes no margin but moves a car on at no cost to them plus as stated above their unit count so the DP is semi happy (but breathes a sigh of relief that he has not obtained an addition car in stock)

I’ll stress that this is your starting point so always start very low they can always say no and so can you this they probably won’t want

Post #6488619th Jun 2006 8:30 pm
Sturge

United Kingdom 2014 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Lux Auto Causeway GreyDiscovery 4

If it was me I would insist on what I ordered. I have the Alpine roof and enjoy the lightness it gives the interior. You obviously wanted it in the first place, and ordered it as such, and it is the dealers c*ck up therefore you should either get the car you want or get more than the cost of a sunroof as compensation...

Post #6494820th Jun 2006 9:27 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
olive

Belgium 

Thank you all for the answers!

I did agree to take the car after all. As compesation the dealer offered to pay for the 7-seater option, the electrically foldable mirrors, the park distance control in the front and the extra spare tyre and threw in a couple of days in LR Experience, altogether about 2000€ (plus reduction for sunroof which isn't there, obviously).

I'm dissapointed that I have no glass roof, but on the other hand I got the car for a really good price now and I can have it without having to wait several months.

Last edited by olive on 21st Jun 2006 6:54 am. Edited 1 time in total 
Post #6508620th Jun 2006 9:07 pm
DG
Site Moderator 

Wales 

Well done Olive...don't look back now. Thumbs Up

It's time to start the permagrin Mr. Green
Post #6509820th Jun 2006 11:05 pm
Pelyma

England 

I think you did the right thing. As I said I drive both regularly and you don't think ooo the one without the alpine roof is darker; although both cars have the alpacca leather.
 DS3 TDV6 HSE - Silver with Alpaca (old one) Gone
DS3 TDV6 HSE- Silver with Alpaca (new one) Gone
D4 HSE Lux - Montalcino Red Gone
Porsche Cayenne V8 Diesel S 

Post #6514621st Jun 2006 7:19 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >