Advertise on DISCO3.CO.UK
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > General

Help! what will I do with my broken landie?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
gclarke

Northern Ireland 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 GS Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4
Help! what will I do with my broken landie?

Hi all,

I'm new to this forum and have really been enjoying it, wish I could say the same about my D3 TDV6 7 seater.

I picked up my 2005 model D3 on 8th April, drove it for 2 days only to have it recovered by LR recovery on 10th April. The car has been with LR since, I'm not happy.

The problems I experienced where quite similar to what a lot of the folk here have experienced too. Basically the message centre started beeping, throwing up Engine System Fault, Low Coolant Level, Transmission fault limited gears, suspension fault, HDC fault etc etc. At one stage there were that many lights illuminated on the dash that it looked like a Xmas tree.

Basically LR diagnosed the problem to be 2 faulty fuel injectors. How that is related to suspension failure I will never know, but hey they are the experts. I was then told that I had to wait 2 weeks till LR themselves received the injectors as there were apparently none in the whole of the UK.

The injectors arrived on Monday this week (1st May) and after fitting them the guys at my local dealer are not fit to get the error message cleared on the message centre Sad

From speaking to them this evening I think they are going to replace the remaining injectors to see if that solves the problem.

To be honest I dont know what I am going to do, I've been nearly 4 weeks without a car after only driving it for 2 days.

I assume any advise here will be to hold on and give it a chance but I feel like taking my money and sourcing a different car elsewhere.

Any help or ideas as to what this problem might be, or what I should do would be much appreciated.

Garry

Post #563193rd May 2006 9:17 pm
Very Annoyed

England 

The very least you should get is a loaner or cash compensation. There are a couple of members on this site who got more and no doubt will be in touch when they read this. Don't panic this will be sorted.
 Loving the power of the TDV8!  
Post #563203rd May 2006 9:19 pm
DG
Site Moderator 

Wales 

You seem very calm about this Confused A few further questions

I take that this is a second-hand motor?

Why haven't they given you a loaner after 4 weeks?
 21 year LR veteran > D2 GS 2003 > D3 S 2006 > D3 HSE 2009 > D4 HSE 2013 > D4 HSE 2015 > D5 HSE 2018 > DS HSE R-Dynamic P300e 2021  
Post #563243rd May 2006 10:27 pm
gclarke

Sorry folks I did forget to mention that they have provided me witha loaner, beleive it or not but they have given me a VW Touareg for this past 2 weeks.

The Touareg has been a pleasure to drive but I want my D3 back. I have gave off to the dealer a bit, I suppose thats why they gave me the VW.

I have also told them today that if I dont see any real progress by Friday this week I'll be calling for my money on Saturday morning Confused (not really what I want to do)

And yes this was a second hand vechile witha full LR service history and no record of any work having been doneto it in the past

Post #563253rd May 2006 10:33 pm
DG
Site Moderator 

Wales 

I'd give them a rocket if it took 4 weeks Evil or Very Mad

'sale of goods act' etc - 'fit for purpose' etc - 'reasonable period for repairs now unreasonable' etc

Very strange that they gave you a Toerag - is this a LR dealership?
 21 year LR veteran > D2 GS 2003 > D3 S 2006 > D3 HSE 2009 > D4 HSE 2013 > D4 HSE 2015 > D5 HSE 2018 > DS HSE R-Dynamic P300e 2021  
Post #563293rd May 2006 10:45 pm
gclarke

Hi dickgriff

Yeah it is a LR dealership, they sell LR in one branch and VW in the other. I totally agree that the car is not up to scratch and I have been sold a pup, they agree and appreciate that themselves.

Hopefully they get their act together by Friday, by then I think I have had enough

Post #563323rd May 2006 10:55 pm
Gareth
Site Moderator 

United Kingdom 

Fuel injectors seems a little unusual, unless its had a drink of unleaded in its past.

But I cannot relate this to the errors you describe. Have you complained to Land Rover Customer Services?

Post #563493rd May 2006 11:58 pm
Smarticus

2010 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Auto Ipanema SandDiscovery 4

gclarke wrote:
vechile witha full LR service history and no record of any work having been doneto it in the past

Has your dealer checked the warranty record (which will be on the LR central system and not in the service book). It is possible that your vehicle has been returned or rejected by a previous owner after a series of problems. A few users of this site have rejected vehicles in the past as faulty, only to see the same vehicle up for sale on a dealers forecourt some days later.

If they haven't fixed your current vehicle by this weekend, I would ask them to source you a replacement or offer a big big discount on a new one.
 Disco 4 TDV6HSE
Defender 200TDi CSW
RR Evoque 

Post #563574th May 2006 7:45 am
Cliff H

England 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Auto Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

Speaking to a technician at the dealers once when they were listening to my engine noise I am sure he said that they had actually replaced a couple of TDV6 engines due to injector failure.
 Zermatt silver 06 reg.

Gone but not forgotten !!! 

Post #563654th May 2006 9:08 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
gclarke

enough is enough

The local dealer fitted the remaining 4 replacement injectors today and managed to clear the injector error code, progress at last you would think.

They have however now just rang to tell me that the turbo unit also needs replaced, quality !!! It will need to be ordered in and fitted as they have none in stock.

Needless to say I was none too happy and have been promised my money back tomorrow.

On a more cheerful note I drove up to another LR dealership, about 40 miles from the original one, and purchased a D3 S tonight. A higher spec'ed model with less miles on the clock for the same money !

At least I'm smiling again, or maybe I'm a real sucker Very Happy

Post #564414th May 2006 9:02 pm
DrLex

Iceland 
Re: enough is enough

gclarke wrote:

On a more cheerful note I drove up to another LR dealership, about 40 miles from the original one, and purchased a D3 S tonight. A higher spec'ed model with less miles on the clock for the same money !

At least I'm smiling again, or maybe I'm a real sucker Very Happy

Fingers crossed for you that it goes alright - you're no more a sucker than the rest of us.
 Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana

Member of Club Med Sucks 

Post #564474th May 2006 10:02 pm
gclarke

Back on (or offroad) tomorrow

cheers guys, just to let you know I visited the dealership that sold me the car today and got my refund. Not after however having to teach the saleman and his manager how to count !!! They tried to fiddle me out of £750 before I gave them a primary school lesson in maths.

Anyway I pick up my Apr 05 S model from a differnt dealership tomorrow, fingers crossed Smile Arctic Frost

Post #567877th May 2006 6:44 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >