Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Off Topic - Humour, Rants & Pointless Posts

Hermes parcels, absolute morons.
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 4 1234>
carbore

United Kingdom 2009 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3
Hermes parcels, absolute morons.

For the last 6 months Herpes parcels have made buying online a nightmare.

Getting on for 20 packages say "cant access property" probably because there are 2 roads to my house. One is an rough farm track, the other is a normal road. The idiots sat nav tries to take them down the farm track but they are too stupid and lazy to bother looking at a map.

Worse still thier delivery tracker says "you need to take action" contact us by the FAQ Below and there isn't an FAQ. If you enter the tracking number in the "failed delivery page" it just says contact the seller. The sellers are variable about how they deal with it (Amazon are brilliant)

I should probably relentlessly try to get hold of customer servies somehow but I have a life etc and have better thigs to do. The only time we get things is when they get relief drivers who can read maps (or in general).

Im sick of these idiots.

Rant over.

PS on Sunday a DPD driver got sent down that track, he went with it, so in Polish accent "CAZY CRAZY ROAD!" he said on arrival, which, to be fair, in a SWB transit it is.
 Disco 3: Lotus Elise S1: Ferguson T20: Audi A2  
Post #207772521st Aug 2019 8:31 pm
kajtzu

Finland 2005 Discovery 3 4.4 V8 HSE Auto Cairns BlueDiscovery 3

Agree. It’s gotten much worse here with the deliveries in recent years. Even in the city area most courier services do not deliver to residential addresses anymore - one has to go to a collection point/lockers/whatnot. I order nowadays everything to the company I work for.

I think the problem is that we, who order online, are not really the customers of the courier services even though we foot the bill. Rolling Eyes

Post #207773221st Aug 2019 8:48 pm
RRSTDV8

United Kingdom 

You could try asking the seller who they use as their courier. If they say "Hermes" then tell them "sorry, no sale as Hermes are rubbish". If everyone did this, eventually the sellers will decide the courier is costing them money. Then the courier's will change.
 Visiting from rrsport.co.uk
2012 RRS SDV6
2008 RRS TDV8
"When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die! You don't know who's children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they were always going to have to do from the very beginning: SIT DOWN AND TALK!" 

Post #207773721st Aug 2019 9:05 pm
Someone-Gone

United Kingdom 

Herpes are bad up here too, particularly their tracking. I’ve learnt that out for delivery means it’s in Scotland somewhere from Dundee to Perth and it will be at least another two days before it works it’s way north.

Post #207773821st Aug 2019 9:06 pm
NoDo$h

Ukraine 

It's made even worse when Google decide to move your postcode into the middle of a field a clear mile from where it actually is, and on the wrong side of a river.

Royal Mail clearly shows my postcode only covers 12 properties, all within 200 yards, and nowhere near where Google had suddenly moved it.

I've attempted to report it countless times, yet they seem utterly incapable of handling the error reports.
 I know it's not considered "kind" to say no these days, but no. Just no, ok? And if it's not ok, still no.  
Post #207773921st Aug 2019 9:06 pm
Luapno

United Kingdom 

A number of courier firms are adopting what3word which should make things easier
 When you are dead, you do not know you are dead. All of the pain is felt by others. The same thing happens when you are stupid.  
Post #207774921st Aug 2019 9:14 pm
kajtzu

Finland 2005 Discovery 3 4.4 V8 HSE Auto Cairns BlueDiscovery 3

On the other hand it isn’t always sunshine on the business side either.

I’ve got equipment worth a five figure sum sitting somewhere in a warehouse in the Bay Area. The reason the kit sits there is that the destination facility refused delivery (another interesting story right there...) and initiating a new delivery attempt seems somehow be really difficult. It’s been like this for almost two weeks now.

The sender (a major technology manufacturer) is “actively looking” at the issue. Rolling Eyes

In other news, xmas is soon here.... Mr. Green

Post #207775021st Aug 2019 9:16 pm
leeds

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 Landmark LE Auto Yulong WhiteDiscovery 4

One of the issues is that people want everything as cheap as possible and that includes carriage. There is no such thing as free carriage as that is, in that case built into the price.

Now courier drivers can be actual employees of the courier company driving company vehicles. Others are self employed may have to supply their own vehicles or rent them from the courier company.

Now the cheaper courier companies use self employed local drivers who can use their own private cars and goods can be stored overnight in private garages etc. These drivers are paid peanuts to deliver the parcels so in all honesty can you realistically expect a first class service from such courier drivers?

Brendan

Post #207775421st Aug 2019 9:48 pm
DG
Site Moderator 

Wales 
Re: Hermes parcels, absolute morons.

carbore wrote:

Im sick of these idiots.

Rant over.

says man who hasn't thought to just put up some sort of sign Rolling with laughter
 21 year LR veteran > D2 GS 2003 > D3 S 2006 > D3 HSE 2009 > D4 HSE 2013 > D4 HSE 2015 > D5 HSE 2018 > DS HSE R-Dynamic P300e 2021  
Post #207775621st Aug 2019 9:55 pm
Mogwyth

Wales 2005 Discovery 3 4.4 V8 HSE Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

In the days of satnavs, signs are pointless, we got fed up of people coming up to our farm trying to get to LLanarmon. Yeh right our lane is a dead end it only goes to our farm so we put up a bilingual sign "Access to x, y and z properties only" and a dead end road sign, we even set it at suitable height so it could be seen from vans as well as cars.

Still get muppets trying to find a way through, came home a few weeks ago to find a Tesco home delivery van going through our gate, which iss barely wide enough for them asked the driver why he was going this way "Sat nav told me to", "did you not see the sign?" "Sat nav sent me this way. " so you didnt see the sign", " yeh but I didnt read it as I was following the sat nav" Thud
 ==================================
05 D3 HSE V8 4.4
04 MG TF 135
03 MG TF 115 Cool Blue Edition
02 MG TF 160
00 Hymer B564 Lionheart
1971 Series III 109

Post #207775721st Aug 2019 10:10 pm
Pelyma

England 

We are rural and I have to say DPD and Hermes are great as are DHL and UPS even Yodel aren’t too bad.
 DS3 TDV6 HSE - Silver with Alpaca (old one) Gone
DS3 TDV6 HSE- Silver with Alpaca (new one) Gone
D4 HSE Lux - Montalcino Red Gone
Porsche Cayenne V8 Diesel S 

Post #207777622nd Aug 2019 6:37 am
john watson

Scotland 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 XS Manual Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

Can’t say I have had much of a problem with any delivery organisation. Only gripe is tracking the parcels when it’s Amazon or the PO. They never seem to arrive on the day specified on the tracking info. At least they arrive so that’s a plus compared to some on here.
 Once you have defeated the idiots any job is half done. Pity there are so many idiots to defeat.  
Post #207778022nd Aug 2019 7:03 am
astonbuilder

England 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 XS Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4

I live in a large town but our postcode in most people sat nav's direct them to a road about 100m behind and parallel to us. No access to our road from there. We are not in a field in middle of no where, its a road that has been here for 12+ years, etc.

Wherever possible I always try to add a note or tell people to use "full postal address not postcode" and reason why but not all online sales points allow a note or its just a drop down box of standard options, etc.

Even then I'd still say I get a disproportionately high number of calls saying they are "here but can't see your house"........ Rolling Eyes

Post #207778722nd Aug 2019 7:31 am
M3DPO

England 2014 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Lux Auto Corris GreyDiscovery 4

Simple solution is to put a sign up Whistle- you can’t expect anyone to find you if there are insufficient signs.
 It can when others can't,
It will when others won't,
It goes where others don't. 

Post #207778822nd Aug 2019 7:39 am
Martin
Site Admin and Owner 

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Manual Buckingham BlueDiscovery 3

Need adoption of w3w for this, post codes aren't suitable for navigation in all cases.

The fact that Google/Apple are unaccountable regarding their mapping (and other stuff) is irritating, near me a road is labelled as a canal Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter
 06 D3 SE / 15 LR D90 XS SW / 88 LR 90 Td5 / 68 BMW 2000 ti
Any issues with the site let me know! 

Post #207779822nd Aug 2019 8:48 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 4 1234>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >