Advertise on DISCO3.CO.UK
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > My Discovery 3

High miler tdv6 S Disco 3
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Robbie260

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Auto Baltic BlueDiscovery 3

Thanks all been looking to get a proper scan tool now as I'm branching out into roadside assistance. Dose anyone know of any scan tools on the market that offer the same levels of functionality as the Gap IID Pro. Looks a great tool but don't want the restrictions of just land rovers. When I could pay only a little more and basically get the same functionality for all vehicle brands.

Post #227281514th Jan 2022 2:58 pm
AndyViking

England 2008 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 3

The front parking sensor fault is quite possibly a worn wire in the front loom behind the bumper. Its a well documented fault where they didn't secure the loom and it simply wears through over time. New looms are cheap as chips and quite easy to fit.
 D3 - 2008.5MY HSE, Stornaway Grey, RSE etc - all the toys
Grabber AT3s, Smoked Sweeping Side Repeaters
D4 Steering Wheel with BBS boards
IID BT Tool - happy to help with fault codes 

Post #227339417th Jan 2022 9:48 pm
Robbie260

Right a little bit of an update:

Air suspension fault has gotten worse but I think I have tracked it down to the valve blocks so they will be getting overhauled when I’m home next. Though unfortunately not in time to save the compressor which will have to be replaced in the near future I think.

The auto gear box has started to behave quite oddly clinging too gears and revving the engine up and down a lot while not changing gear and no change in throttle position. Any experience or suggestions hoping replacing the filter and clean oil might help the situation.

Managed to fix my central locking problem by replacing the front passenger side door lock and the bonnet catch and adjusting it so both latches caught.

Hoping too do the front parking sensors soon. Then get on to those dents. Gonna have a go myself as the body shop quoted over £1500 for all the paint and dent repairs so I’m going to give it a bash first and see what happens.

The Engine has some trouble cold and even warm starting seems to need a lot of cranking over before it catches and fires. Has anyone experienced that before, I do have to sort the diesel pre heater as it’s on the brink.

Also going to see if I can sort the divers side seat base out as it’s collapsing a bit and ripped. Dose anyone know where I’d be able to find a new cover in the grey cloth material can find new bases and seat heater elements fine but no luck on coverings.

Post #229522511th Jun 2022 1:27 pm
Robbie260

Ok so after having a look through here

Think I have found what might just be the issue with the auto box. Juddering under acceleration especially low gears. Slipping revenge up and down while in gear but constant throttle input. Also coolant header tank has dropped a little with no obvious source of leak. Looks as though I have a gearbox cooler to replace and flush my transmission. New filter and oil. Maybe put some of this doctor tranny additive in too.

Post #229524011th Jun 2022 2:43 pm
Robbie260

Been a while since I updated this, it’s been busy time for the disco. So I managed to fix the transmission judder, that took a new rad and independent oil cooler and thermostat. I still have a new filter and final flush of the gearbox to do.

New divers side seat base and managed to get a hold of a pair of front cloth seats that the passenger side base cover was in good condition. Swapped that over and the new base and is very comfortable now and looks a lot smarter.

Am in the process of sorting the rust and hopefully will be putting a full coil conversion kit in soon.

Post #231501514th Nov 2022 4:15 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >