DISCO3.CO.UK > Technical (D3)

High pressure fuel pump
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
slavko

Slovenia 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3
High pressure fuel pump

Hello,
I wonder if the high pressure pump tipEU3 is interchangeable with EU4. Is the difference only in the attachments of both sensors.. or in the wires also.
I installed a new(second hand ) engine in my car and found the pump different from the previous one. I switched the connections, but the engine doesn't start. I only have a low pressure but I don't have a high. I don't know what to do. Any help?
Slavko
Slovenia

Post #197574520th Aug 2018 2:48 pm
Flack

England 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 XS Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 3

How do you know you do not have high pressure fuel, are you using a diagnostic tool to see the reading. I would fit your old pump of your old engine.

Flack Thumbs Up

Post #197576720th Aug 2018 3:32 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
slavko

Hello,
Hello, I have only a universal tester with very limited information for the Land Rover, but when I try to start the engine saw that I have a very low pressure (practically zero). I measured the pressure from the reservoir to the high-pressure pump. I've got 0.6 bars here. It looks good. The pump on the new engine is another type, but I have replaced the connectors. I'm thinking, if I could make a mistake with the inlet and the repulsion pipes, I'd like to get a fuel hose plan.
Thank you to try to help!

Slavko

Post #197577320th Aug 2018 3:58 pm
Flack

Are you saying that the Low fuel pressure valve on top of the engine has low output, if so then its the intank fuel pump, or you have not got the pipes on the correct position on the fuel filter if you have changed that.

The high pressure fuel pump on the engine is controlled by the PCM, have you got the all the crank and camshaft position sensors connected up..

Flack Thumbs Up

Post #197585920th Aug 2018 7:57 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
slavko

Because of my bad English, you didn't understand me. Again, I have a 0.6 bar on the inlet tube, at the entrance to HPP. When I try to start the engine I can see that I have no high pressure (should be around 150 bars).I can see this on my universal tester. I checked both sensors. It looks good, everything is regular conected The only dilemma is if the HPP pumps and both sensors are interchangeable. . These two sensors have different connectors, but the color of the wires is the same. I don't have a electrick scheme and pictures of connectors to check if they're connected equally. I didn't replace the old HPP because my old one have 350ooo km, the engine I bought, it only has around 120000 . So i think that new pump is O.K. and the problem is somewhere else.

Slavko

Post #197623021st Aug 2018 6:44 pm
Flack

You might have to do the fuel lift pump procedure with a LR diagnostic tool as it might be this thats stopping it from running.

Flack Thumbs Up

Post #197626221st Aug 2018 8:49 pm
slavko

What exactly does it mean? Is it possible to do so in some other way? Can you describe what this pocedure exactly do?

Slavko

Post #197635522nd Aug 2018 6:03 am
Flack

Normally if you update the software in the PCM or remap it, then you have to do the Fuel lift pump procedure, with you putting a different hpfp in it might need this doing.
I know when I was testing using a second hand PCM after swapping it I had to do this procedure a few times on my car..
As to what it does not sure as its just on the LR approved tools, I have three of them and all have it. But I know the car wont start and will just keep turning over until its done.

Flack Thumbs Up

Post #197639122nd Aug 2018 9:23 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >