Advertise on DISCO3.CO.UK
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Technical (D3)

High Sulphur Diesel
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
kpmclaren

Jamaica 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Manual Chawton WhiteDiscovery 3

Well we have a local dico distributor (John Crook...no pun intended cos they are expensive as hell), and because of or duties on vehicles the TD is cheaper by far. So they have only been selling TDs so they are a few of them here. I have spoken to them and as I mentioned before the vehicles sold here have the same specs as the TD sold in the UK and they have assured me that they have the technical expertise to deal with any problems that might crop up. I had asked about warrantee but they haven't responded as yet, but the important thing is that they can fix it if anything goes wrong...I’ll just have to work out who to bill if it occurs during the warrantee period. It may be better for you as u should know the US will start selling low sulphur diesel by September so that won't be an issue..but you can contact your local LR dealer and ask if they would address any issues that might crop up..that’s your best bet...But saying that and reading postings in this forum I am hoping the 06 LR3 doesn’t have as much if any faults as people have been pointing out on this forum…cos so much money and trouble for a big yellow lemon will not sit well..So think carefully about it….

Post #4779915th Mar 2006 3:49 pm
PSC

South Africa 2010 Discovery 4 5.0 V8 HSE Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

Sorry about pulling up an old thread, but for further reference, here are the limits as per the owners manual (Section : Driving and Operating).

"It is important that the sulphur content of diesel fuel does not exceed
0.3%. In Europe all supplies should be within this limit, but in other parts of the world, you should check with your supplier.

In markets where the sulphur content exceeds 0.3%, more frequent engine oil and filter changes will be required."

BTW 0.3% is 3000 ppm

Post #7107318th Jul 2006 1:14 pm
DSL
Keeper of the wheelie bin 

Ukraine 

Jzk, what a combo! I want same but wife says NO! Big Cry Big Cry Big Cry Big Cry Big Cry Big Cry Big Cry Big Cry

Post #7172720th Jul 2006 11:38 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >