Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > North America & LR3/4

HK LOGIC 7 system --- quality and settings
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Johnhe

United States 2006 LR3 4.4 V8 HSE Auto Bonatti GreyLR3
HK LOGIC 7 system --- quality and settings

Love my 2006 HSE, but am questioning the quality of the harmon kardon system.

Opinions from others re: best settings for Jazz and Rock would be appreciated. I've tried all combinations, but can't get the promised 550 watts to deliver clear, crisp sound at moderate or loud volume...whether I'm receiving signals from local FM, SIRIUS sattelite or playing tracks from CDs.

Furthermore, I can't tell whether the subwoofer is working or not --- regardless of base setting, music selection, balance, fade, etc.

My audio experience didn't start out well in the LR3...soon after delivery, the dealer replaced two speakers (one front passenger, one rear driver side) that were rattling as if the voice coils were broken/blown --- it seems that the head unit has more wattage than the speakers can actually handle.

Others' experiences, opinions?

Thx!

Post #11431231st Dec 2006 3:42 am
PCrover

United States 2006 LR3 4.4 V8 SE Auto Zambezi SilverLR3

My experience is similar to yours as my 2006 SE system has a blown right door speaker and I can't tell if the subwoofer is working or not. I don't mind the lack of preset EQ settings as I have never found presets to match my tonal tastes.
 Gary
'06 LR3
'94 D90 

Post #11431331st Dec 2006 4:07 am
Johnhe

I'm hard pressed to find a difference between the SE and HSE systems...having driven loaner SEs for a few days. In fact, I think the SE system might even have better base response --- due in part to the larger front door speakers. Good news that (hopefully) LR NA will replace your blown front spkr.

Post #11431431st Dec 2006 4:11 am
navydevildoc

United States 2005 LR3 4.4 V8 HSE Auto Bonatti GreyLR3

Well, there might be something wrong with yours... I have an HSE and it is VERY clear when the sub is and is not working.

I also had a rattling right hand front speaker, but it was the trim, not the speaker. They replaced it all anyway.

The fastest way to check if the sub is working is to turn on the system while the car is running (the sub doesn't work in low power mode I don't think) and then lower the bottom half of the tailgate. Sit on it on the driver's side. If your ass cheeks are not jiggling, you may have found the problem.

There should also be a separate level setting for the sub, right after bass in the levels menu on the IHU. I know a few 2005 HSEs got out the door with either bad programming or the wrong amplifier installed, but if I remember right that was early on in production. If you don't have the level setting, that might be a symptom of a software problem.

Post #11431631st Dec 2006 4:20 am
Gareth
Site Moderator 

United Kingdom 

Quote:
I know a few 2005 HSEs got out the door with either bad programming or the wrong amplifier installed

Correct! there is a Tech Service Bulletin on Land Rovers GTR website about this. Its worth getting your dealer to check the details in the document.

Post #11432331st Dec 2006 9:44 am
Johnhe

Sub Woofer Passed Butt Cheek Test

Good advice, navydevildoc...confirmed that sub woofer is working. Although, also confirmed that tweeter/mid speakers in second row doors aren't working...if it's not one thing...

Will ask dealer to check out (again) and about TSBs.

Thx!

Post #1144821st Jan 2007 5:31 am
Johnhe

Closure

So, it wasn't the subwoofer or the software upgrade...although, the dealer had the car for 1.5 days, upgraded the software, called me for pick up --- which is when I told them it still wasn't fixed.

According to LR, the next step to power up non-working speakers is to replace the amplifier...which was done while I waited and it worked like a charm. I didn't realize how good the LOGIC7 was till I got the new amp!

Now if only the dealer wouldn't have gotten grease all over the center console lid and backed my LR3 into something while they had it!

Post #11929313th Jan 2007 2:09 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >