Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Off Topic - Humour, Rants & Pointless Posts

Homeworking backgrounds
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
HWN

Wales 2014 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Auto Zermatt SilverDiscovery 4
Homeworking backgrounds

For me at least, one of the more interesting results of Covid and home-working has been seeing the inside of my co-workers homes. The company doesn't allow virtual backgrounds on Skype / Teams, so if someone is using video, you see the full details of their home-working environment. A few have tried to position themselves so they appear in front of shelves of books (and appear intellectual), but others..? Shocked

There is a rumour of a door swinging shut and revealing a gimp suit hanging on a hook on the reverse but no proof has been presented.

To be a complete snob, I'm not sure that the wallpaper of Wendy Barclay, epidemiologist does her any favours as she gives evidence to Parliament's Science and Technology Committee.

2015 Volvo V40
2014 D4 HSE
2006 RRS - C'est mort. Fin...  ...It's alive!  Oh no, it's not - scrapped.
2019 Suzuki Kingquad 400
2017 RamRod Taskmaster 1150
1977 John Deere 2130

Post #219676028th Dec 2020 12:22 pm
al cope

England 

Wasnt there one of a blokes missus who flashed her boobs at him during a call thinking it would be OK as she was facing him (so behind his laptop), but forgot there was a big mirror behind her hubby, so she was in full view of the video camera ??

Al
 Volvo XC90 B5 Plus Dark
Gone - MY18 D5 HSE - Corris on 22's with Black Pack
Now gone - MY16 D4 SE Tech, Loire Blue, Almond Leather, Privacy, plus some other goodies.
Old - MY12 D4 SDV6 XS Auto - Ipanema Sand with Almond Leather - Plus other niceties, and D4.com sticker
Older - D3 TDV6 XS Auto - Lugano Teal with Almond Leather, 20" Stormers, Shiny Tailpipes, DVD/TV - and obligatory D3 sticker
Ancient - D3 TDV6 S - Tonga with Ebony, 20" Stormers, satnav & DVD 

Post #219676228th Dec 2020 12:29 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
DSL
Keeper of the wheelie bin 

Ukraine 

And a new category of on line foo pahs was born, zoopers. Whistle Whistle

Post #219676328th Dec 2020 12:34 pm
Hardware

United Kingdom 2011 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 XS Auto Sumatra BlackDiscovery 4

I'm going to have to clear my search history after looking for confirmation of Hugh's gimp story. Rolling with laughter

Dean
====================================

2011 D4 XS - OBD port protection, RLD spare wheel protector, All LED interiors lights, Timed Climate enabled, iiD tool paired.
2011 D4 Landmark - Stolen from same dealer before I paid for it
2011 D4 GS - Stolen whilst at dealer Sad ... All LED interiors lights, DRLs, Spare Wheel protector.
1996 300Tdi - Eaten by tin worms 

Post #219679228th Dec 2020 2:02 pm
Moo
D3 Decade 

Ukraine 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Manual Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

We take a view that as long as you're available and the output, quality and your KPIs are being met then you can work from anywhere. We seem to have a craze for staging and changing the backgrounds. Some have been very good with hidden 'items' just to break things up. Laughing

Last week I was on a call with my CEO from Dubai as camels passed by in the background whilst he sipped a G&T as it was hammering it down here. I've also done calls whilst out on my bike. Todays work place is very fluid.

We've also had a few amusing interruptions to calls, the best being a 'live rabbit' Wink being thrown to a colleague by her partner. We nearly wet ourselves laughing as she tried to switch it off. Laughing

Lock down has been really positive for us with increases in output, quality and a general sense of wellbeing and happiness. We've trusted the employees and they have exceeded our expectations.
 New Defender L663 110 SE (known as Noddy!)

Sold Volvo XC90 R-Design (known as Basil)

Sold - D4 HSE (Known as Gerty)

No longer the Old Buses original owner Sad
231,000 miles and counting
05 S manual owned from March 2005
D4 Face lifted
Still original injectors and turbo
V8 Front brakes
BAS Remap, Allisport Intercooler and deCat
EGRs blanked
T-Max split charge
Hanibal Expeedition rack
Prospeed ladder
Duratrac tyres
IID BT
BAS FBH control 

Post #219680028th Dec 2020 2:23 pm
HWN

Wales 2014 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Auto Zermatt SilverDiscovery 4

^^^ I had a Skype interview recently and the company said the same thing: they can't see themselves going back to being office-based and, looking back, it seems a bit silly to expect people to spend a couple of hours on a motorway when they are happier spending that time working. Things got delayed because meeting rooms had to be booked up in advance - now it is easy. Leasing, heating, lighting, guarding and maintaining large buildings seems a bit silly!

Being able to have a variety of 'props' to hand but out of sight was very useful.

2015 Volvo V40
2014 D4 HSE
2006 RRS - C'est mort. Fin...  ...It's alive!  Oh no, it's not - scrapped.
2019 Suzuki Kingquad 400
2017 RamRod Taskmaster 1150
1977 John Deere 2130

Post #219683328th Dec 2020 4:36 pm
Stevepd

United Kingdom 

My wife has taken over the conservatory since Feb (looks more like Cape Canaveral) and she was on a call. I peeked around the door frame and couldn’t see the multiple faces, so just walked out in my boxers and spectacles. She started laughing and took her headset off and told me all could see me around the globe Shocked . I’ve never been the type wanting attention or blessed with an Adonis frame aged 52, however in 10 seconds I’d had a lifetime worth Mr. Green . Ah well at least we had a laugh.....
 visiting from www.rrsport.co.uk  
Post #219698529th Dec 2020 9:26 am
Iguana

Ukraine 

I was last in the office on 16th Feb, since then home based. Plus points of course being home, negative 'Always on' and long hours - 10+++ meetings a day

Sold one of the cars as no longer using it (not the disco Laughing )

I once put on a shirt and tie to present to a field team, while wearing shorts and flip-flops Mr. Green

And still even after all these months, i still get "You're on Mute" at least twice a day Rolling with laughter

One great tip, was getting myself a 'yo yo' standing desk, usually mix the day 50/50 sitting or standing Thumbs Up
 Iggy/Ieuan

Current LR =
2015 RR Sport Autobiography
&
1992 Land Rover Defender Camper

- Gone but not forgotten:
MY10 D4 GS
MY05 Disco 3 'S'
MY14 FL2 HSE manual in Blue
MY15 Disco 4 HSE Lux in Santorini Black
MY08 Disco 3 SE manual in Buck Blue
1960 Series 2 88" (No idea why I sold it!) 

Post #219702029th Dec 2020 10:51 am
Navigator

Location: Stay at Home. One of the lives you save could be your own.

Scotland 2015 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 SE Auto Causeway GreyDiscovery 4

The company that my son works for are really getting behind the idea of home based call handlers. They are aiming to at least double the amount of their business they do on the Internet and will need to equally increase the staff on calls. But no increase in call centre provision - in fact quite the reverse. They have given notice they will close two of their three call centre premises with which one survives depending on which has the best lease deal after renegotiating.

Very bad news for son as he is a chef in the staff restaurant and has a one in three change of his job surviving. While the working-from-home people won't be getting subsidised meals any more they are supposed to get an allowance added to salary. It looks like he gets redundancy.
 A vaccine does not stop you catching a virus, or passing it on, or getting ill from it, really ill. It does reduce the likelyhood of you dying when really, really ill. Stay Alive - KEEP AWAY FROM PEOPLE.  
Post #219706829th Dec 2020 1:26 pm
carbore

United Kingdom 2009 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

Hi, bit of an odd policy not to allow custom backgrounds or just the "blur background". TBH they should reconsider this as its not really fair to people who have to work in kitchens or spare rooms with pants on drying racks behind them. Fair enough re silly/frivolous backgrounds but blank blur shoudl be fine.

I made this special one for my meetings with the Microsoft Account team (we are a big customer) Wink

Disco 3: Lotus Elise S1: Ferguson T20: Audi A2  
Post #219718529th Dec 2020 6:29 pm
kajtzu

Finland 2005 Discovery 3 4.4 V8 HSE Auto Cairns BlueDiscovery 3

Laughing

Do you have that image as a hires one anywhere? #prettyplease

Edit: got it, thanks Thumbs Up

Post #219719029th Dec 2020 6:37 pm
NCC-1031

United Kingdom 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Vienna GreenDiscovery 3

Me too please. I love it Smile

Post #219727929th Dec 2020 11:39 pm