Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Tips & Tricks

Horn Failure!
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
gerrymclandy

Scotland 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 Base 5 Seat Manual Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3
Horn Failure!

After fixing a problem with my EPB amber light one week later I noticed that when a pedestrian walked out in fornt of me my horn failed!!! thankfuly didnt hit her.
However thinking it was more than a quick fix, came on here and read loads, it was nothing more than a blown fuse.
Some of you may think that its more than this and think about having the horn replaced etc.

However in my Disco 3 its a nightmare to access the fuse that had blown. The red fuse clipper is useless, not long enough. I had at hand a long pare of surgical forceps, this was the only way i could remove the spare fuse i was after. The depth of the fuse box is occluded by two thick cables. Plus you have to go deep into the recess of the lower glove box.
Where are these designers, they need lined up and given frontal lobotomies....

So iff your horn fails it may be nothing more than a blown fuse, but you will struggle to access the spare beware
 bought a 06, TDV6 on 28/08/09 loving every minute of it.. Had TDI & TD5s over the years now nothing compares to this beast.  
Post #77896726th Mar 2011 4:00 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >