Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > General

Hot Foot
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 4 <1234>
Gareth
Site Moderator 

United Kingdom 

Hate to throw a spanner in, but my Nov 04 model does not mist up at all. The heater reaches its temp and settles OK, I angle the dash vents upwards away from my face anyway. The air coming out of the windscreen and dash vents is cooler than the foot vents, but its not cold.

I keep all dash vents open all the time, and rely on the AUTO setting most of the time. I never use ECON so the a/c is on all the time. I also never use recirculate.

I have mine set to 22 degrees most of the time, occasionaly up to 24 if it is particularly cold.

The only variation I use is to turn the fan down to position 1 or 2 when it has reached temperature as I do find the hevac system noisy.

Never seen a misty window though.

Post #2912022nd Nov 2005 7:29 pm
DiscoMad

I cant complain about misting (well occasionally) but Gareth, if this heater is set on automatic as a climate control system, you should find 22degC enough - 24degC is quite warm ! My point is that the heater would warm up the car to 22degC (if set to 22deg) what ever the outside temp. Maybe yours is still a little on the cool side ?

Post #2912422nd Nov 2005 7:56 pm
BN

England 

I have found that cancelling the aircon for a few minutesd to let the Webasto heat up the car together with the car heater, then reset to auto at 22C, no probs.

Post #2914522nd Nov 2005 8:50 pm
simon

United Kingdom 2011 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

Gareth wrote:
Hate to throw a spanner in, but my Nov 04 model does not mist up at all. The heater reaches its temp and settles OK, I angle the dash vents upwards away from my face anyway. The air coming out of the windscreen and dash vents is cooler than the foot vents, but its not cold.

I keep all dash vents open all the time, and rely on the AUTO setting most of the time. I never use ECON so the a/c is on all the time. I also never use recirculate.

I have mine set to 22 degrees most of the time, occasionaly up to 24 if it is particularly cold.

The only variation I use is to turn the fan down to position 1 or 2 when it has reached temperature as I do find the hevac system noisy.

But yours is a posh one Wink

Seriously. usually leave my temp at 21/22 and it does warm up fast with the FBH. Issue I have is that once that D3 feels warm it then starts to cool down a lot (my air vents are always open too and start top emit cold / cooler air) so you have to keep turning up the dial.

This causes the windows to mist in the front on really cold days.

Maybe its some weird and quirky way the system works ?

Dunno but may previous cars (BMW and Audio) never need adjusting and nver misted up. Appreciate there is A LOT MORE air in the car to keep at set temp but the D3 seems to heat up the interior then start to cool it down...

Shocked

Post #2916722nd Nov 2005 10:49 pm
marc

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Manual Adriatic BlueDiscovery 3

simon wrote:
Gareth wrote:

But yours is a posh one Wink

Seriously. usually leave my temp at 21/22 and it does warm up fast with the FBH. Issue I have is that once that D3 feels warm it then starts to cool down a lot (my air vents are always open too and start top emit cold / cooler air) so you have to keep turning up the dial.

This causes the windows to mist in the front on really cold days.

Maybe its some weird and quirky way the system works ?

Dunno but may previous cars (BMW and Audio) never need adjusting and nver misted up. Appreciate there is A LOT MORE air in the car to keep at set temp but the D3 seems to heat up the interior then start to cool it down...

Shocked

I am with you on this one Simon,

mine works exactly the same as yours bar the misted windows and I too have to keep turning the temperature dial up Sad

I also had a VW/Audi group car last and never had to change the setting and I found that the car was always the right temperature..... I wish LR could use the VW system Very Happy

Cheers

Marc

P.S. I am writing this from my new IMAC, which is my first Apple computer after using MS windows based computers for over 10 years....... and do you know what.... I would never go back to crappy windows again Twisted Evil .... not after using such a superior and well polished operating system as the MAC has Very Happy
 Disco 3 now gone!!

Discovery 3 S spec 2.7 V6 Diesel. Smile

Previous Car to D3: Seat Leon Cupra R with a nice 280 bhp...... Sad to see it go Sad 

Post #2917222nd Nov 2005 11:16 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
simon

United Kingdom 2011 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

marc wrote:

I am with you on this one Simon

yeah its a pain... mine in for its 30K service so have pointed this out again. Is better since last s/w update but now cold temps have revealed its problems again.

marc wrote:

P.S. I am writing this from my new IMAC, which is my first Apple computer after using MS windows based computers for over 10 years....... and do you know what.... I would never go back to crappy windows again Twisted Evil .... not after using such a well polished system as the MAC is Very Happy

Top man... BN et al, listen up and get a machine that works and is not open to all the virus's, spyware and carp Windoze is.

Marc, if you need any assistance / advice PM me and i'll be more than happy to help... mind you, you probably never will need to Wink

Have fun !

-s

Post #2917622nd Nov 2005 11:24 pm
Martin
Site Admin and Owner 

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Manual Buckingham BlueDiscovery 3

marc wrote:
P.S. I am writing this from my new IMAC, which is my first Apple computer after using MS windows based computers for over 10 years....... and do you know what.... I would never go back to crappy windows again Twisted Evil .... not after using such a superior and well polished operating system as the MAC has Very Happy

Off Topic Welcome back marc Wink
 06 D3 SE / 15 LR D90 XS SW / 88 LR 90 Td5 / 68 BMW 2000 ti
Any issues with the site let me know! 

Post #2917722nd Nov 2005 11:25 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
BN

England 

simon wrote:
marc wrote:

yeah its a pain... mine in for its 30K service so have pointed this out again. Is better since last s/w update but now cold temps have revealed its problems again.

marc wrote:

P.S. I am writing this from my new IMAC, which is my first Apple computer after using MS windows based computers for over 10 years....... and do you know what.... I would never go back to crappy windows again Twisted Evil .... not after using such a well polished system as the MAC is Very Happy

Top man... BN et al, listen up and get a machine that works and is not open to all the virus's, spyware and carp Windoze is.

Marc, if you need any assistance / advice PM me and i'll be more than happy to help... mind you, you probably never will need to Wink

Have fun !

-s

Off Topic Its a serious consideration a Mac together with a LR 110 XS

Post #2919923rd Nov 2005 12:06 am
DaveT

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 Landmark LE Auto Indus SilverDiscovery 4

Mine is April 2005, usually run with settings exactly as Gareth, but it is definitely starting to blow more & more cold air upwards - as Simons note.

I also had an Audi before this - which also held a rock steady temperature - right up to the point that the a/c unit broke! - Even VAG aren't entirely gremlin free.

The best a/c unit I've found so far was on my 2001 DiscoII - so much for progress!
 Long succession of Disco's since 2001...
SIII Lightweight - neglected & rusting. Bulkhead, A panels, vent panel & outriggers now disintegrated - Next years project! 

Post #2920723rd Nov 2005 12:15 am
marc

simon wrote:
marc wrote:

marc wrote:

Have fun !

-s

Simon,

Cheers for the assistance / advice offer. I will probably take you up on it if I get stuck..... which as you say will probably be unlikely with the superior OS Very Happy Twisted Evil

I do like the inclusion of a spell checker that works within safari (Apples IE to all you none MAC people). Very Happy

Anyway unfortunately I have to use MSWindows at work so I can't get away from MS totally.... much is a shame.

Oh well not to worry.... oh sorry for going totally Off Topic

Cheers

Marc

P.S. Martin, Very Happy its good to be back Twisted Evil .... oh and BN, just do it (the MAC that is), you would not be disappointed. Smile
 Disco 3 now gone!!

Previous Car to D3: Seat Leon Cupra R with a nice 280 bhp...... Sad to see it go Sad 

Post #2929823rd Nov 2005 2:11 pm
10forcash

United Kingdom 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Manual Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

marc wrote:
simon wrote:
marc wrote:

marc wrote:

Have fun !

-s

Simon,

Cheers for the assistance / advice offer. I will probably take you up on it if I get stuck..... which as you say will probably be unlikely with the superior OS Very Happy Twisted Evil

I do like the inclusion of a spell checker that works within safari (Apples IE to all you none MAC people). Very Happy

Anyway unfortunately I have to use MSWindows at work so I can't get away from MS totally.... much is a shame.

Cheers

Marc

P.S. Martin, Very Happy its good to be back Twisted Evil .... oh and BN, just do it (the MAC that is), you would not be disappointed. Smile
the only Mac Victor Meldrew is likely to understand is the one that he puts on with his cap Laughing Laughing Laughing  
Post #2930123rd Nov 2005 2:20 pm
Pelyma

England 

marc wrote:
simon wrote:
marc wrote:

marc wrote:

Have fun !

-s

Simon,

Cheers

Marc

I have a spell checker within IE too!
 DS3 TDV6 HSE - Silver with Alpaca (old one) Gone
DS3 TDV6 HSE- Silver with Alpaca (new one) Gone
D4 HSE Lux - Montalcino Red Gone
Porsche Cayenne V8 Diesel S 

Post #2930323rd Nov 2005 2:24 pm
marc

Pelyma wrote:

I have a spell checker within IE too!

Where is that then????

Or is it some third party software?

Cheers

Marc
 Disco 3 now gone!!

Post #2930923rd Nov 2005 2:57 pm
10forcash

United Kingdom 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Manual Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

Marc,
'ave a look here http://www.iespell.com/

Post #2931023rd Nov 2005 3:11 pm
Pelyma

England 

That's the one - werks well dunnit
 DS3 TDV6 HSE - Silver with Alpaca (old one) Gone
DS3 TDV6 HSE- Silver with Alpaca (new one) Gone
D4 HSE Lux - Montalcino Red Gone
Porsche Cayenne V8 Diesel S 

Post #2931523rd Nov 2005 4:17 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 2 of 4 <1234>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >