Post Reply  Down to end
Page 3 of 4 <1234>
10forcash

United Kingdom 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Manual Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

Pelyma wrote:
That's the one - werks well dunnit
Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing  
Post #2931623rd Nov 2005 3:37 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Cliff H

England 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Auto Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

I keep all dash vents open all the time, and rely on the AUTO setting most of the time. I never use ECON so the a/c is on all the time. I also never use recirculate. quote

I use the aircon on economy most of the time, the manual says that this is the aircon on low power not off altogther.
I have not had any problems with misting and don't notice much difference to having aircon on full.
I don't get hot air from the face vents. I think this is correct as I would not want hot air blasting at my face. You do get cold air from them if you put temp down to very cold. The way the car heats up evenly is brilliant.

It's not until you get back into a car without climate that you appreciate how good it is!
 Zermatt silver 06 reg.

Gone but not forgotten !!! 

Post #2932023rd Nov 2005 5:27 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
aitchy

England 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Buckingham BlueDiscovery 3

Cliff H wrote:
I keep all dash vents open all the time, and rely on the AUTO setting most of the time. I never use ECON so the a/c is on all the time. I also never use recirculate. quote

I use the aircon on economy most of the time, the manual says that this is the aircon on low power not off altogther.
I have not had any problems with misting and don't notice much difference to having aircon on full.
I don't get hot air from the face vents. I think this is correct as I would not want hot air blasting at my face. You do get cold air from them if you put temp down to very cold. The way the car heats up evenly is brilliant.

It's not until you get back into a car without climate that you appreciate how good it is!

im so glad that its not just me! the replacement MY06 is not as bad as original but i did find myself easing the temperature dial up to remove the cold air form the vents. now i leave them all open and also always run econ as previous experience with Audi suggest that this stops the compressor from running and so aids economy. i also find that econ generates more warmth at lower temp settings. As i have HSE i also leave the rear air con set to mimic the front which has made a lot of differnce to balnced heating and find that i no longer need to dial in more temperature from the pre chosen 22/23 degrees.
 TDV6 HSE Buckingham Blue and still smiling  
Post #2932123rd Nov 2005 5:49 pm
Cliff H

aitchy wrote:
Cliff H wrote:

im so glad that its not just me! the replacement MY06 is not as bad as original but i did find myself easing the temperature dial up to remove the cold air form the vents. now i leave them all open and also always run econ as previous experience with Audi suggest that this stops the compressor from running and so aids economy. i also find that econ generates more warmth at lower temp settings. As i have HSE i also leave the rear air con set to mimic the front which has made a lot of differnce to balnced heating and find that i no longer need to dial in more temperature from the pre chosen 22/23 degrees.

Being a plumber / heating engineer I tend to set all thermostats to the maximum 'comfort' settings ie 21 degrees is classed as optimum design temperature for the living areas.
 Zermatt silver 06 reg.

Post #2932523rd Nov 2005 6:11 pm
croyde

Re: Hot Foot

andrewsearles wrote:
Any one suffering from a hot right foot?

Last winter I had this problem my dealer fixed it some how but alas its appeared again. I presume that what ever they did has been over ridden by the latest upgrade. (its going back)

Problem:-
When the temp gets below 8 the heater blows hot air on to my right foot, all the other air ducts/vents are venting cold or coldish air, result is sever athletes foot on my right foot and frost bite on my fingers. To overcome this I have to set the heater to manual which stops the hot air going down but does not send the hot air up in fact I can not get anything but luke warm air on to the windscreen. Then it gets cold in the car so its back to a hot foot for a while. So much for being an automatic heating system.

My car is fine but I have developed the same affliction on my right foot aswell, though. Laughing

Got some cream but seriously its been nearly a week and it's still there Mad

Post #2940923rd Nov 2005 8:53 pm
BN

England 
Re: Hot Foot

croyde wrote:
andrewsearles wrote:
Any one suffering from a hot right foot?

Last winter I had this problem my dealer fixed it some how but alas its appeared again. I presume that what ever they did has been over ridden by the latest upgrade. (its going back)

Problem:-
When the temp gets below 8 the heater blows hot air on to my right foot, all the other air ducts/vents are venting cold or coldish air, result is sever athletes foot on my right foot and frost bite on my fingers. To overcome this I have to set the heater to manual which stops the hot air going down but does not send the hot air up in fact I can not get anything but luke warm air on to the windscreen. Then it gets cold in the car so its back to a hot foot for a while. So much for being an automatic heating system.

My car is fine but I have developed the same affliction on my right foot aswell, though. Laughing

Got some cream but seriously its been nearly a week and it's still there Mad

Technical fix, stick a piece of card to direct it away from your foot near the floor vent.

Post #2941323rd Nov 2005 8:55 pm
croyde

Can that piece of card be retro-fitted and what do LR charge Laughing

Post #2942523rd Nov 2005 9:02 pm
Mossy

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 4.4 V8 HSE Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

Check your warranty if none standard LR accessory - might be a void?

Laughing
 D3 HSE V8...  
Post #2942823rd Nov 2005 9:04 pm
BN

England 

Mossy wrote:
Check your warranty if none standard LR accessory - might be a void?

Laughing

Dammit, forgot about that one, back to the drawing board Sad

Post #2943423rd Nov 2005 9:07 pm
Slimer
Site Moderator 

United Kingdom 

Mines back at the dealers tomorrow for said hot foot issue. Went in on Tuesday but the service desk didn't manage to relay to the workshop what the problem was so I'm going to take it in and demonstrate the issue to them. Will report back with details of the fix (assuming there is one)
 The End  
Post #2958423rd Nov 2005 10:34 pm
Slimer
Site Moderator 

United Kingdom 

So the official word from the dealer and LR is this is normal, if you want hot air out of the vents you have to use manual settings! So for those of you with D3s that circulate air as expected; they're faulty and I recommend you take tham to a dealer as soon as possible!
 The End  
Post #2967124th Nov 2005 3:25 pm
Cliff H

Slimer wrote:
So the official word from the dealer and LR is this is normal, if you want hot air out of the vents you have to use manual settings! So for those of you with D3s that circulate air as expected; they're faulty and I recommend you take tham to a dealer as soon as possible!

Anything else to report from your visit to the dealer Slimer?
 Zermatt silver 06 reg.

Post #2967224th Nov 2005 3:31 pm
Slimer
Site Moderator 

United Kingdom 

They still haven't got the part in to fix the broken flap over my cig lighter. The one they did get in was broken too Evil or Very Mad

I shall be persuing the 'hot foot' issue further, suggest all other sufferers do the same and get EPQRs raised
 The End  
Post #2967324th Nov 2005 3:46 pm
adara

Romania 

OK, it's getting cold here now (-2 deg Celsius) and I got the whole package: getting gased by the webasto heater, cold air through the vents, hot right foot from the console (we drive on the right side here and the center console heats up quite a lot!) and mist on my side window. The heating is also a bit slow to start I think. On my previous car there was an electrical heater that blowed warm air before the engine was hot, I think it's a better solution, faster to start and no disgusting smell...

Post #2982725th Nov 2005 2:12 pm
DiscoMad

I have been told that disk 12 has a fix for cold air from the heater, and LR do know about the problem - My dealer (who is great) has been working with them about the issue. Cold air when the outside temperature is 20 degrees below the set temperature is NOT right !
Anyway - I will let you know.

Post #2986325th Nov 2005 7:22 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 3 of 4 <1234>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >