DISCO3.CO.UK > General (D4)

HSE Luxury HSE Graphite and eco stuff
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
DAJB2

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Adriatic BlueDiscovery 3
HSE Luxury HSE Graphite and eco stuff

Afternoon All,

Harder than expected to find that Loire blue HSE Lux for the miles and price I am looking for, so opening up to include HSEs.
Now I know that spec debate rage, but as far as I can tell, the major (for me) spec difference on the inside amounts to the DVD in the headrests, maybe 825w over 380w sounds, better leather (which the little terrors who I would like the DVDs for would wreak anyway), and multiple cameras that some of you chaps seem to think are a bit rubbish anyway.
Although it looks as though cameras can be found on some HSEs, as well as TV sometimes and 825w.
Graphite probably a bit below in spec, so am ignoring.

Assuming that it is better just to buy DVD/IPAD and attach it for long journeys than have them retrofitted (if this is possible). Or just play I Spy, or try to hold a conversation I suppose. And tinting the glass clearly looks less good and could effect insurance.

Also, am I right in thinking that all post MY14 models have the stop/start facility?

Want low miles so I can keep if for a bit, but now stressing about this ULEZ thing. Are MY15 good for ULEZ - anything Adblue (or is that the start stop?). And what about Euro6. Am still a bit confused?

Lastly, I was sorry to read about Mr Farrar. But a nice thing that seemed to be missed in the various threads was his quote: 'Disco3 has been a place to escape (...) total diversion' etc. I think that says a lot about you lads (and lasses). Be happy, good on you.

Post #185885218th Sep 2017 3:15 pm
DaveC

United Kingdom 

not so much better leather as a bit more, dash and door tops are leather on the lux.

you also get full length roof rails as opposed to short as standard on the HSE.

can't recall if mood lighting is lux only?

RSE isn't vital as you've pointed out tablets in the rear can do same job, just not linked to your control or sat nav.

surround cameras, tv in front and 825w system were all options on HSE but not rear aircon as i understand it, that's what swung the lux for me over the HSE.
 XC90 T8 R Design Pro

MY14 D4 HSE Lux (sadly gone)
Mariana Black with Ivory interior and lots of toys! 

Post #185886218th Sep 2017 3:33 pm
Hardware

United Kingdom 2011 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 XS Auto Sumatra BlackDiscovery 4
Re: HSE Luxury HSE Graphite and eco stuff

DAJB2 wrote:
Lastly, I was sorry to read about Mr Farrar. But a nice thing that seemed to be missed in the various threads was his quote: 'Disco3 has been a place to escape (...) total diversion' etc. I think that says a lot about you lads (and lasses). Be happy, good on you.

nope ... we didn't miss it ! But like Bruce's own input on the site it's a lot of reading !

Post #185886618th Sep 2017 3:42 pm
Red Merle

United Kingdom 
Re: HSE Luxury HSE Graphite and eco stuff

Having owned both a 2016 HSE and a 2016 HSE Luxury, I hope that I can add some notes for you...

DAJB2 wrote:
Afternoon All,

Harder than expected to find that Loire blue HSE Lux for the miles and price I am looking for, so opening up to include HSEs.
Now I know that spec debate rage, but as far as I can tell, the major (for me) spec difference on the inside amounts to the DVD in the headrests, maybe 825w over 380w sounds
BETTER SOUND SYSTEM, BUT NOTHING WRONG WITH THE 380W SYSTEM, BUT YOU'LL REALLY NOTICE THE DIFFERENCE IF YOU LISTEN TO DVD'S, WHEN IT'S JUST LIKE BEING IN A CINEMA!,
better leather (which the little terrors who I would like the DVDs for would wreak anyway)
THE SAME LEATHER, JUST MORE OF IT ON THE DASH AND DOORS, NICER STEERING WHEEL LEATHER TOO
and multiple cameras that some of you chaps seem to think are a bit rubbish anyway.
IT'S AN EXTRA ON BOTH THE HSE AND THE HSE LUXURY AND IT'S NOT WORTH THE MONEY
Although it looks as though cameras can be found on some HSEs, as well as TV sometimes and 825w.
Graphite probably a bit below in spec, so am ignoring.

Assuming that it is better just to buy DVD/IPAD and attach it for long journeys than have them retrofitted (if this is possible). Or just play I Spy, or try to hold a conversation I suppose.
THE DVD IS GREAT FOR CONVENIENCE AND SAVES THOSE ON THE BACK HEADBUTTING A GLASS SCREEN (AND ITS METAL AND PLASTIC MOUNTS) IN AN ACCIDENT! Shocked I COULDN'T BEAR THE IDEA OF SUBJECTING MY DAUGHTER TO THE RISK OF THAT. I DID SET ONE UP FOR HER, BUT WHEN I SAW HOW DANGEROUS IT COULD BE, WE REVERTED TO THE STANDARD DVD PLAYERS. I WOULD AVOID RETROFITTING, THERE ARE LOTS OF ELECTRICAL WARRANTY IMPLICATIONS.

And tinting the glass clearly looks less good and could effect insurance.

Also, am I right in thinking that all post MY14 models have the stop/start facility?
YES

Want low miles so I can keep if for a bit, but now stressing about this ULEZ thing. Are MY15 good for ULEZ - anything Adblue (or is that the start stop?). And what about Euro6. Am still a bit confused?
SOME CARS BEFORE 9/2015 WERE EURO 6, ALL CARS AFTER 9/2015 SHOULD BE. LOOK FOR THE ADDITIONAL ADBLUE FILLER CAP BESIDE THE NORMAL DIESEL FILLER CAP. WELL WORTH IT FOR FUTURE PROOFING AGAINST EMISSIONS LEGISLATION.

2011 - 2015: 3 x FL2
2015 - 2017: 2 x D4
2017 to date: FFRR SDV8
2023 to date: FL2 as a second car

2021 to date: Hinckley built ‘14 Triumph Trophy 1200
2022 to date: Hinckley built ‘14 Triumph Trophy 1200 & sidecar!
(One of only two known to exist in the world!) 

Post #185887918th Sep 2017 4:46 pm
DAJB2

This is brilliant and much appreciated Red Merle; Dave many thanks as ever, hope all good with you (yes spec can be lower, but colour has to be the same, grrr, sorry!). HArdware 17 - duely noted!

Post #185889018th Sep 2017 5:23 pm
MarkOne

Scotland 2014 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Lux Auto Corris GreyDiscovery 4

I just bought a 14MY lux, the finish inside is what sold it, the quality of the seats and the spec.... not a fan of the start stop but I can live with it.

Post #185889418th Sep 2017 5:44 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Red Merle

United Kingdom 

The problem is that it's a seller's market for late D4 HSE Lux's, but they are out there, even in Loire Blue - but you have to travel...

http://www.usedvehicles.landrover.co.uk/search#/details/2798724

http://www.usedvehicles.landrover.co.uk/search#/details/2799953

http://www.usedvehicles.landrover.co.uk/search#/details/2788614

Strangely enough, I'll be at the second dealer in the morning...

Post #185896718th Sep 2017 7:33 pm
DAJB2

Yep, just a smidge above my limit - there was a peach in Blackpool that I was gazumped on as I was putting down a deposit... grrrr. Thank you!

Post #185899518th Sep 2017 8:23 pm
Red Merle

United Kingdom 

Argh! Frustrating, isn't it?! Censored

Post #185901418th Sep 2017 8:46 pm
DAJB2

dropped you a PM Red Merle

Post #185917219th Sep 2017 10:02 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >