Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > My Discovery 3

My HST D3
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Johno247

United Kingdom 2008 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3
My HST D3

Well this is my Tank. I bought her 15 months ago as a standard S. Since then I've spent my time slowly but surely upgrading. I like to think I've now completed my project (probably not though 😉) and I'd like to thank all the brilliant people on here who have helped by adding all the user guides and instructions that have enabled me to tackle all the jobs myself.

I got a new torque converter fitted when I first got her and had the windows tinted in limo black, but I do all the other oily bits myself. New discs and pads all round and oil and filter changes regularly. I'm no mechanic but it's handy having a good socket set!

Fortunately there's a decent scrappy near me where I managed to source replacement door cards with puddle lights - the previous owner had a habit of closing the doors onto the seat belt buckles leaving lovely holes in the original ones. Fridge, (luckily my D3 had the wiring harness for it so it was plug n play), land rover mats, grill and numerous other bits and pieces - all for less than £100! The 20" wheels were purchased online for a song and refurbed with new rubber added. I found the rear lights after much searching from a company in Germany. Top tip - I bought the D4 version and added resistors myself and saved myself £100 doing it that way. Finally I managed to source colour coded arches and side trim from the bay and also after being patient found a set of HST front and rear bumpers going cheap locally. Just fitted both bumpers and the arches today before the rain came. She's my pride and joy 😁

Post #212759012th Mar 2020 6:11 pm
darrind

England 2013 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4

Nice Thumbs Up

You might want to ensure your trims on the front fog lights are secure though on this kit as they tend to get stolen

I keep toying with the idea of fitting the kit to my D3 as I have a brand new one in my Storage that never got put on my car...

Must stop buying shiny toys....  
Post #212759112th Mar 2020 6:20 pm
Johno247

Cheers 🍻

It was a labour of love fitting everything over the past day and a half (rain stopped play yesterday).

Good advice regarding the fog trims - I'll look into a way of securing them tomorrow. I think I'll have to fit the drive gates too. I'm sure my wife will be happy as they've been lent against our fence for about 6 months! 🙄

As for your HST kit... go for it. The transformation is like having a new car 😎

Post #212759312th Mar 2020 6:32 pm
Hot Tub

England 2009 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

Looks good well done Thumbs Up

Get disklok there might be a group buy going on good visual bright yellow one Thumbs Up Then even when out more protection as once outside your gates people might get attracted also Uncle Ray spare wheel protector.
 Welsh Collie Chauffeur Service To Barney & Rooney.  
Post #212759812th Mar 2020 6:48 pm
Johno247

Good tip Thumbs Up

I don't think anyone looked twice at her before today I took her out this afternoon after fitting the arches and bumpers, oh and putting the private plates on 😁. I got some noticeable looks... hopefully approving ones!

I'll look into the security device you mentioned 👍

Post #212760012th Mar 2020 7:00 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >