Advertise on DISCO3.CO.UK
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > My Discovery 3

So, I bought a cloned discovery 3 and have lost everything.
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 7 of 9 <123456789>
countrywide

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 Graphite LE Auto Unknown ColourDiscovery 4

Good luck with the new car Thumbs Up

Post #7263105th Dec 2010 4:01 pm
A1GSS

England 

Will Hay wrote:
A quick glance thru my posts earlier today might give the game away Whistle

Hi Rob, yes, I saw that and wondered if you were back on! Excellent. Best of luck! Thumbs Up
 ____
Gone: 10MY L320 RR Sport HSE, Ipanema Sand
Gone: 20MY Jaguar iPace HSE, Silicon Silver
Gone: 17MY RR Evoque SE Tech, Loire Blue
Gone: 08MY Discovery 3 XS, Stornoway Grey
Gone: 07MY FFRR TDV8 Vogue, Stornoway Grey 

Post #7263155th Dec 2010 4:08 pm
JF Lux

Luxembourg 2008 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3

Thumbs Up such positive attitude...and D3 therapy... Laughing
 The next American ex-pat that calls it a "truck" is going to find out what 2.7 tons feels like on their foot...

Club "yes, I too have had the EGR's replaced..."
Club "yes, I too have had the compressor replaced..."
Club "yes, I too once had the car at the dealer for a couple of weeks nearly 4 weeks over 4 weeks...5 weeks"
Club "yes, I too have had EPB failure..."
Club "yes, I too get mysterious bings and bongs..." 

Post #7263375th Dec 2010 5:04 pm
andy38

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

I'm really sorry for you.
It also made me think reading the article about the crime ring that we should all be a little careful on here as to our security of where we put on the map our locations. might be worth at least only putting an approximate area rather than the exact location. It could give a nice database to select from.
I hope your new car will give the pleasure you want and we all get out of them.

Post #7263935th Dec 2010 6:44 pm
rnlisg

England 2008 Discovery 3 TDV6 GS Auto Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3
d3 story

hi rob
my wife and i have only just seen your post and must say we felt really emotional as we read your story,we felt for you and your family,your wife must be a rock to lean on.
it was great to get to the last page and see you are now getting another d3,it doesn't matter what year the car is,,or what model,its what it means to you,it is "your pride and joy" Very Happy
good luck for the future.
best wishes
sandy and marg Thumbs Up
 s/steel side tubes,door trims with bright inlay,front and rear light guards,half chrome mirror caps,mud flaps,chrome finishers on boot and rear bumper step,chrome finishers round gear shift and cup holders,chrome door handle covers.d/4 grille conversion,chrome foglamp bezzells,parrot bluetooth.***sadly missed**********  
Post #7264275th Dec 2010 7:32 pm
Will Hay

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Manual Java BlackDiscovery 3
Re: d3 story

Thanks all.

rnlisg wrote:
....it was great to get to the last page and see you are now getting another d3,it doesn't matter what year the car is,,or what model,its what it means to you

I'm gonna need your help.
Having looked thru your gallery virtually everyone of your subtle, tasteful modifications are on my 'to do' list.
Source for components, ease if fix etc will be all I need.
Will drop you a line in a week or two Thumbs Up
Rob [will hay]

Post #7264565th Dec 2010 8:05 pm
Moo
D3 Decade 

Ukraine 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Manual Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

Will,

Noticed your comments re poor Police response. I've experienced a similar thing with my local Police that concerned an arson attack on my biz partners car coupled to a series of other intimidating actions. We had the names of the suspects, they were seen in the area and a fag butt with one of the suspects DNA was found beside the car as well as Facebook evidence and witnesses etc. Police made a real hash of things against petty thugs that knew how to play the system. They tried to weasel out of taking action blaming the CPS saying there was a lack of evidence.

A letter to our local MP asking for his assistance to raise the poor performance of Wilts Police with the Home Sec. (something MP's are duty bound to do) and outlying the case / circumstances and police actions copied to the Chief Constable and the IPCC had an amazing response and significant change in attitude. Follow this up with asking for regular updates to be sent to you and your MP and they have nowhere to hide. Interestingly it's now going to court!

As a former politician, what I do know is that 'he who shouts loudest' to 'the biggest voices' achieves significantly more than those that follow the process like good citizens.

Scumbags like those that shafted you should be brought to book and punished mercilessly.

If you need help drafting a letter etc to your local MP let me know.

Post #7266535th Dec 2010 11:37 pm
Will Hay

Thanks for that, I have a call into Doncaster Friday and finally thought I was talking to someone who was taking me seriously.
She was circa the fifteenth different PC I spoke to, and the first female, go figure.
I'll give it a week, then I'll draft a letter.
Trouble is, they have yet to give me a crime number and no force is owning up to taking on the investigation of my crime so I suspect it would be hard to pinpoint who is culpable for poor service [but that won't stop me contacting my MP].
Cheers,
Rob [Will Hay]

Post #7266595th Dec 2010 11:51 pm
Locsuna

United Kingdom 

Will,
Firstly sorry to hear about your situation, you did all the right things. It just shows you all the tech in the world doesn't clear out the scum of life. As for your crime number that should be supplied by the force that covers where your crime occured, it shouldn't matter who investigates the whole matter. If you bought the vehicle in Doncaster for example, the deception took place in Doncaster therefore that force should give you one of their crime numbers. It's then upto them to deal with what your crime unearthed. Your crime is the most important one as it started the whole thing off. Any reasonable PC should be able to write out a report in a short space of time and even request a number before the report is finished. Hope you get some joy soon.

Post #7267496th Dec 2010 11:07 am
crews control

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Lux Auto Waitomo GreyDiscovery 4

Will Hay wrote:
The worst part hasn't been the original crime, it's been the total indifference of the police.

It's taught me one thing, I'll think twice about total honesty because you know what kids, it get you nowhere.

Very true.

Will,
Thank you for relaying your recent experiences on here. It's a sickening crime and difficult to read but I'm sure it will help others. I'm really sorry to hear it happened to you. The fact that the Police lack the ability or willingness to help just makes the whole thing worse. I hope something goes your way soon, but I fear it won't be with the assistance of the Police.
 2005 D3 HSE
2011 D4 Landmark
2016 D4 HSE Lux
2017 Ford Tourneo VR46
Club Waitomo 

Post #7267606th Dec 2010 11:34 am
VFR800

Canada 2008 LR3 4.4 V8 HSE Auto Tonga GreenLR3

If you gave a statement at the begining to the police, then your crime number will be at the top of your copy of that statement. If not then something is wrong.

Post #7272717th Dec 2010 4:44 am
Will Hay

VFR800 wrote:
If you gave a statement at the begining to the police, then your crime number will be at the top of your copy of that statement. If not then something is wrong.

Nope, that's a log number, the police don't issue crime numbers after taking statements.
A statement is taken to ascertain if a crime has been committed.
At the end of the day I'm not unduly worried about a number, the crime is linked to another for which I have the crime number for that, I'm more concerned about the investigation than, as I said, a number.

Having said that, I'd be interested to know on what you've based your statement above, if it assists my situation.

Post #7276247th Dec 2010 7:56 pm
VFR800

Canada 2008 LR3 4.4 V8 HSE Auto Tonga GreenLR3

[quote="Will Hay"]
VFR800 wrote:

Having said that, I'd be interested to know on what you've based your statement above, if it assists my situation.

I used to live in the UK before moving to Canada and had my car broken into. The police came round to do dusting for prints(I had just polished and cleaned the windows an hour before and there was someones prints all over the window and by the door lock). The guy doing the dusting then got on his radio and gave me a crime number for my insurance claim.

Post #7277437th Dec 2010 10:01 pm
dangerdave

Admin note: post content removed at user request

Post #73121214th Dec 2010 11:57 am
Will Hay

dangerdave wrote:
There is a bit of confusion here. Police give Incident Numbers, it's created as soon as someone calls, phones or reports something. All Focres have different formats, but an example is SE/123456/10. The first letter normally is a Force identifier, the next a Divisional identifier, then a sequential number and finally a year. Some Forces do it back to front, but you get the idea. If it results in a RTC report, the number stays the same, but the format would be SER/123456/10. If a Crime Report is going in, SEC/123456/10. That said, all reports would trace back to the original SE number.

Thanks.
I have an incident number and have been told it's related to the burglary and have that crime number too so all good.
Spoke to a PC this morning who rang me back from Doncaster, couldn't give much away but things seem to be happening.
I don't think for a second I'll see the money as the PC kept referring to the force located where the cash was handed over; Warwickshire, which has absolutely nothing to do with the Doncaster connection.
Will keep battling away.
Rob

Post #73126114th Dec 2010 2:28 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 7 of 9 <123456789>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >