Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Africa

I can see sheit coming
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Mufassa

South Africa 
I can see sheit coming

Seems that Land Rovers credibility is tied directly to the ability of the staff that deal with customers. Now let me explain why I make a statement like this. For two years I have owned a D3 and shifted my servicing and maintenance from the dealership I used to deal with which service was disgusting (Stellenbosch) to the one in Belville which is now situated at N1 city. There I dealth with the service manager Mohammed and it was plain sailing. If you needed somehing done, phone Mohammed. If you left a message its was returned. If I wanted my vehicle inspected from A-B and units replaced that was recalled or potentially faulty one word "Mohammed". So since now I've never had a problem. Since now ......

So I find a little plastic bracket has come off the 3rd row seats. The one that you use to disengage the seat with and after close inspection it turns out that the clips are broken. So I tinkle LD in a happy mood to speak to Mohammed and get my little pain in the ass problem sorted out. I bluntly get told that he has moved to LD SA and there is another service manager that has taken over his position. (No I can not have his mobile number), funny MOHAMMED gave me his, and no his not available, so I leave a message. Next day I phone again, same story...leave a message....and again and again...........
So far no reponse, none of my calls returned. So I phone again and I get told to book it in.....you gotta be kidding me, Mohammed would have ordered the part and phoned me when it arrived and he would have fitted it himself personally within 5 minutes. I try and explain to the Lady that taking a trip there to have it booked in and then having to leave after they established which part I need to return again and to book it in again is a waste of my time and money. Reply "So which Date can I book the vehicle in for you...next week fine? &$%$$#

Starting to get the message here, reliabilty does not depend on the physical item, but to a large extend on the people that stand behind the product. The policy to return calls, take calls and be available to the customers.

Post #18225225th Jul 2007 6:22 pm
heine

South Africa 2009 Discovery 3 4.4 V8 HSE Auto Alaska WhiteDiscovery 3

Do you have a McCarthy LR in CT . I find them (McCarthy) to be quite good if you pick up the phone and bitch a bit . But YMMV

Post #18232125th Jul 2007 7:25 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Herman

2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Chawton WhiteDiscovery 3

I was quite impressed with the professional services at N1 City Land Rover

Post #18253826th Jul 2007 7:16 am
Baben

South Africa 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Cairns BlueDiscovery 3
N1 city LR

I second that - when I was down in CT in December they moved heaven & earth to get my vehicle serviced after I changed my plans and wouldn't have been able to make it back to JHB in time to make the service on schedule.

Post #18272526th Jul 2007 12:53 pm
Atacama

South Africa 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Auto Atacama SandDiscovery 3
Who to use in Joburg

Who is the best dealer i the gauteng area?
one that will go the extra mile ?

Post #18275326th Jul 2007 1:32 pm
Baben

Well, now there's a good question!

Look, LR Midrand have been very good to me, but I sometimes get the impression you need to be there in person and give moral support to the guys. Speak to Nico or Stephen - they are real good guys, but also have challenges because of the LR system they have to work within. +27112549999

My brother-in-law like Waterford (do does Hein/Cum-on-Eileen or whatever he is calling himself today Smile ) but I never really had any dealings with them & when I tried, Hein's mate in service was on leave, so I got nowhere, which kinda reinforces my point below.

All dealers should theoretically be able to provide the same level of service, but in practice, just like any other business, the people really make the difference for better or worse. If you can find a guy that you get along well with then you will have a better time of it.

Post #18275826th Jul 2007 1:44 pm
Atacama

South Africa 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Auto Atacama SandDiscovery 3

Bought from waterford So will try them again , but the one guy there had a bit of an attitude problem. Dont treat me like a d Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad s . Got a bit of a niggle that has cropped up twice, want to see if they can find it

Post #18278226th Jul 2007 2:46 pm
heine

South Africa 2009 Discovery 3 4.4 V8 HSE Auto Alaska WhiteDiscovery 3

Alice dammit Alice

I also use Midrand , not Waterfraud , but apparently the guy to speak to is Poena (sp?)

Post #18322527th Jul 2007 9:12 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Baben

Sorry Alicia, must have been another girl talking about Waterfud then

Post #18323627th Jul 2007 10:05 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >