Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > General

I hate being lied to....
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
graemem

Scotland 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3
I hate being lied to....

So I booked my D3 into the dealers with the following issues.

1) Rear Window Wiper jamming
2) PDC only work sometimes
3) Tailgate Strut loose
4) Rear seat (drivers side not going down to flat position)
5) Fix Turbo Lag and flat spot on Gear 1

All of the above (except 4) have a Technical Service Bulletin associated with them and I was specific that I wanted to the software updated to the latest level (which I believe is WDS13 patch 5 (although patch 5 does only relate to RRS))

So went to dealers this morning and they said whats it in for again? So I get that sinking feeling that nothing is going to get done. Had a discussion about the software upgrade, was told it didn't need any at this time and a enhancement programme was about to rollout which would bring it up to current levels. I was adamant that I wanted it brought up to current levels and how could they know what level I was on without looking at it in the firstplace. Anyway gets a phone call to say parts ordered for points 1 -4 and it had been upgraded to the latest level of software. They need it back for another day at the end of June, where they will fix points 1 to 4 and do the enhancement work on it. Anyway gets back to the dealers pretty annoyed that they hadn;t ordered the parts in the first place to find no software update had been done. How do I know, because the changes to the LCD haven;t happened. Great so my dealer is now a liar. Inefficiency I can accept by outright lying is just unacceptable. I am dissapointed because up until now they have been good. Shame for them because I would have purchased my next one from them, won't bother now.

Post #629429th Jun 2006 8:09 pm
Gareth
Site Moderator 

United Kingdom 

Quote:
because the changes to the LCD haven;t happened

Hang on a minute, what do you expect to change in the LCD?

The instrument pack upgrade is separate, and the dealers do not normally do it in case you complain about the pre heat/cool disappearing.

Mine has had the latest, and the message centre is unchanged, although I am aware that I could have it upgraded if I wished.

How does it drive? I noticed an immediate improvement in the the low to mid range torque, although mine is an auto it is much better to drive, and much crisper to respond to throttle.

I have also had all your other issues, and parts are required for each. They should have ordered them in advance if they read the TSB's

Post #629439th Jun 2006 8:19 pm
DaveT

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 Landmark LE Auto Indus SilverDiscovery 4

Just so you know you're not alone... I've had all of 1 - 4 as well!
(Still waiting for the seat parts to arrive)

One year on, and nearly everything is now perfect - at least these cars get better with age not worse Smile
 Long succession of Disco's since 2001...
SIII Lightweight - neglected & rusting. Bulkhead, A panels, vent panel & outriggers now disintegrated - Next years project! 

Post #629579th Jun 2006 10:30 pm
Jamo

Australia 

I had two goes at getting the new module for the rear PDC. The first time they said that they'd replaced, but hadn't!

A week ago I had the Coolant tank replaced because of an intermittent warning. Afterwards the 'Low Cooland Warning' was permanent! On advice from PCH, I pulled out the tank to check the sensor and found that the dealer technician hadn't connected the sensor to the tank!!

I've found the parts guy at my dealer to be fantastic. Very Happy Very Happy The service guys, on the other hand........... Confused Shocked Confused Shocked
 Have a nice day!
2010 Cayenne Diesel with PASM & Off Road Pkg
2005 HSE D3 (Sold) 

Post #6300410th Jun 2006 6:22 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Penguin

Belgium 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Manual Chawton WhiteDiscovery 3

I don't know what they all have done at mine the last time it was in for a week, but I do know I have electronics fitted from a RRS, preformance is much better, and as for the LCD display, I get to see a small "i" when there was a system message...
 In a time of chimpanzees, I was a penguin.

www.m-release.com 

Post #6300610th Jun 2006 7:40 am
graemem

Scotland 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

[quote="GarethHow does it drive? I noticed an immediate improvement in the the low to mid range torque, although mine is an auto it is much better to drive, and much crisper to respond to throttle.
[/quote]

Drive is the same, mid to low torque is poor, turbo lag noticeable. Before whenever I have had a software update the settings on the LCD change back to factory default. So reverse dip switched off etc. But these remained on with overspeed still set at my 65 (yes I know its low but mobile speed traps are in force in the borders at the moment).

Post #6302110th Jun 2006 4:26 pm
Winger
Site Moderator 

2016 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Auto Aintree GreenDiscovery 4

graemem wrote:
Before whenever I have had a software update the settings on the LCD change back to factory default. So reverse dip switched off etc. But these remained on with overspeed still set at my 65 (yes I know its low but mobile speed traps are in force in the borders at the moment).

That's the way it should be - if your settings were being returned to default values, then the dealer was not following the correct procedure for downloading the CCF to T4 prior to running and update - then uploading your previous settings afterwards.

Just because the settings have not changed does not "prove" that the dealer has not updated whichever module you asked them to update. The only way to prove that is to take the vehicle to another dealer and ask them to confirm the software level on that module.

Post #6304110th Jun 2006 9:34 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >