Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > My Discovery 3

I think she's a good-un :-)
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
mrszymon

2009 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3
I think she's a good-un :-)

Collected today, and somewhat over the moon Smile. Ok, so it's really the wife's car (I have a smaller car and a motorbike), but I'll certainly be driving it a lot!

Car was bought with 68000 miles on the dial, used to belong to a farm. I wrote to the previous owner and received the following reply:

Quote:
Vehicle has had 3 suspension airbags. Handbrake stuck on once, Two new front lights, Front discs and pads – 5 months ago, Extended warranty from March 2012 for a year, Vehicle was mainly used around the farm not much towing.

So it's had a pretty light life, in the dirt and much of the farm a lot but not much towing. The three suspension airbags worried me a little bit, but it's just had a brand new compressor and it has the warranty. In any case, it'll probably spend the vast majority of its life on the road now, which should be less arduous than the hard work on the farm...

In fact, I actually have two warranties - the dealer gave me a two year RAC platinum warranty with a £2000 per claim limit, and I have the Land Rover extended warranty that was a real surprise! I phone LandRover and they have confirmed it's under extended warranty, their warranty company is CarCare and it's the real LandRover branded product. So hopefully if the suspension does have issues, one of the two warranties will cover it!

So far the only thing we've found that is wrong is that one of the rear speakers is broken and distorts badly. I wonder if this is covered by one or other of the warranties? Will have to check Smile. If not then a speaker replacement shouldn't be the end of the world (it sounds like the paper cone is torn or something). We've had a couple of instances of the Navigation system saying "Cannot read DVD", but it vanishes after half a minute, hopefully it's not a problem.

I'm certain we're going to love her Smile

-simon

Post #92314721st Apr 2012 4:01 pm
Zapp79

United Kingdom 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Orkney GreyDiscovery 4

Looks like my old 2009.5 MY D3 with those Grabber ATs on!

Your nav dvd probably just has fluff on it or something. It lives under the front passenger seat - eject the disc and give it a wipe with a soft cloth.

Your speaker problem could easily be a dodgy cable connection - don't bother hunting for it, you have a warranty so get your money's worth Thumbs Up

Post #92316221st Apr 2012 4:53 pm
DSL
Keeper of the wheelie bin 

Ukraine 

Not sure aftermarket warranty would cover a dicky speaker cable, they normally exclude wires & cables. Worth having a look at the policy docs to see what's covered and (more importantly) what's not covered. Remember the cover isn't anywhere near as comprehensive as the manufacturer's cover, especially for these minor niggles. Whistle

Post #92316621st Apr 2012 5:03 pm
Zapp79

United Kingdom 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Orkney GreyDiscovery 4

He has just brought the car!

The initial port of call (warranty) is with the supplying dealer...unless the speaker was disclosed as being faulty at the time of the sale being agreed. Should otherwise be bang to rights.

The other thing to consider is that if the fault can be attributed to wear and tear or user neglect it doesn't matter who the warranty is with...it won't be covered.

Post #92317821st Apr 2012 6:17 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >