Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Africa

I want a Prado......
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
kksav

2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Manual Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3
I want a Prado......

I need some help, some comfort perhaps a crumb of hope! My 2006 Disco 3 died on me in February this year, hdc, park brake, etc etc. Having changed the high pressure pump twice and brand new filters the car started after 4 months! Happy Days. On Tuesday i was driving along stopped dead. HDC fault code but nothing else. filters are clean, diesel is pumping cannot see any issue at all????? Short of somebody giving my the answer please can someone reccomend a good LR dealer in Gauteng. I am going to put it on the back of a truck to take it to SA but need to know where any of you reccomend. Many thanks> Karan

Post #70980829th Oct 2010 3:53 pm
Kabous

South Africa 2010 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Auto Alaska WhiteDiscovery 4

What"s the mileage on your car? Was there a transmission fault as well?
 White MY2011 SDV6 HSE  
Post #70991829th Oct 2010 9:23 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Discoeast

South Africa 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Auto Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

LR Midrand have been given some good reviews as per Baben and
Heine, I use the Eastrand branch, had good service from them.
 D3 bullbar-spots-roof rack with spots-ladder-long range tank-swing out spare wheel carrier- upgraded tow bar-dash console-internal water tank-duel awnings-drawer system & T T.  
Post #70997330th Oct 2010 6:19 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Baben

South Africa 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Cairns BlueDiscovery 3

Karan have you considered getting a faultmate? Might help diagnose the problem - especially with you being so remote. I guess your local dealers are not very good?
Midrand are pretty good. They had a big shakeup recently. Service manager changed, perhaps better focus on quality now

+27 11 254 9999 ask for Shafiq and tell him Anthony sends regards Smile

Post #70997530th Oct 2010 6:31 am
Doc

United States 2007 Discovery 3 4.4 V8 HSE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3

I bet the transmission control module is faulty and requires replacing. The unit cost me $350 (R2300) to replace in Perth.

Hope that helps.
 D3 2005 HSE V8 model, snorkel, nudge bar, uprated tow hitch (12T), Goodyear Wrangler MTR (MT) tyres, National Luna battery box, Outback roof-rack, Takla seat covers.  
Post #70999530th Oct 2010 9:06 am
caverD3

Australia 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 SE Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

Simple things to check: Blown brake globe? Battery on the way out.
If you have jet washed the engine bay the transmission moduel behind the main battery could be the problem. Before getting a new one remove it and clean the contacts.
 â€œThere are only three sports: bullfighting, motor racing, and mountaineering; all the rest are merely games”
Ernest Hemmingway
D4 3.0 Active Diff, Adaptive Lights, High Beam Assist, Surround Cameras, Privacy Glass.
D3 2.7:Adaptive Headlights,Electronic Rear Diff,ARB Bar,Blaupunkt Speakers,JVC Powered Subwoofer,Removable Snorkel,Mitch Hitch,Pioneer After Market Head Unit,Steering Wheel Control Adaptor,Remote Adjustable Supension Rod System, Taxside Dual Battery System. 

Post #71023831st Oct 2010 12:59 am
kksav

2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Manual Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

Many thanks people. The battery is new as had it replaced in June when I had the initial problem. Two weeks ago it showed some engine malfunction code and restricted me to 70 mph, i could not exceed that speed. I stopped and turned it off and all was well for a few weeks. Recently the handbrake issue has come about but i generally dont engage it so no screeching although i doubt this has anything to do with the current predicament. Would a blown bulb stop the car from turning on at all?

Post #7110702nd Nov 2010 12:08 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >