Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > General (D4)

i went to a dealer today and...
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
twizzle

2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Manual Cairns BlueDiscovery 3
i went to a dealer today and...

just popped into the stealer to get some service costs and whilst there and in contridiction to my signature i wondered over to look at the shiny new D4............first the extra large bling wheels.....nice... then the colour keyed bumpers.....ummm growing on me....... then the headlights.... look better then "www" pictures..... then the Grill.......ohhhhh i love that.... D3 retro fit kit anybody? ..... then i opened the door..... pushed the seat back and down to its lowest furthest back setting and NOOOOOOOO..... my knees hit the dashboard.... try seat again, no its fully back..... then NOOOOOOOOO my knees hit the steering column... hang on that new dash board has stolen the interior space...... i have at least an inch of clearence under the steering column on the D3.

Now...... i am 6' 8" .... so i appriciate that Landrover don't build freak cars as a standard... but the D3 is sooo roomy and comfy for me..... the D4 i'm afraid was just wrong! ( for people of my height!)

good job really as i do not have 40k to burn!!!!!

happy days
 i'm lovin it....  
Post #50732114th Aug 2009 1:41 pm
SJR

England 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Arctic FrostDiscovery 3

So the D3 having been head and shoulders above the rest is now the car for those who themselves are head and shoulders above the rest Laughing Whistle
 I believe that every human has a finite number of heart-beats. I don't intend to waste any of mine running around doing exercises.
Buzz Aldrin (1930 - 

Post #50732414th Aug 2009 1:44 pm
DiscoDunc

England 2010 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Aintree GreenDiscovery 4

Will the 3.0l engine fit in the D3 Whistle

I cant say Im that impressed with the D4, its lost a lot of its ruggedness and gone all Blingy...
 Duncan
-----------------------------------------------------
If I'd known I was going to be so thirsty this morning I'd have drunk more beer last night.
FFRR Autobiography 4.4 SDV8 MY17
D4 HSE MY13 SOLD
FFRR 3.6 Vogue TDV8 SOLD
D4 HSE MY10 SOLD
D4 SE TECH MY15 SOLD
D4 XS MY12 SOLD
D4 HSE MY10 SOLD
D3 HSE MY06 - Re-Cycled Worldwide 

Post #50732614th Aug 2009 1:47 pm
ELD70

United Kingdom 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3

I found the D4 had plenty of leg and headroom...I am a short Censored 5ft 7" though Big Cry
 Now driving BMW 330d Touring....misses D3...but not when at traffic lights Smile  
Post #50733614th Aug 2009 2:13 pm
al cope

England 

Driver seat comfort has been THE single biggest disappointment on my D3, so I was hoping the D4 would be better. I've yet to try one, so I'll keep my fingers crossed. At 6'5" I might be OK, the 3" being key (as my missus would tell you Whistle )

Al
 Volvo XC90 B5 Plus Dark
Gone - MY18 D5 HSE - Corris on 22's with Black Pack
Now gone - MY16 D4 SE Tech, Loire Blue, Almond Leather, Privacy, plus some other goodies.
Old - MY12 D4 SDV6 XS Auto - Ipanema Sand with Almond Leather - Plus other niceties, and D4.com sticker
Older - D3 TDV6 XS Auto - Lugano Teal with Almond Leather, 20" Stormers, Shiny Tailpipes, DVD/TV - and obligatory D3 sticker
Ancient - D3 TDV6 S - Tonga with Ebony, 20" Stormers, satnav & DVD 

Post #50735114th Aug 2009 2:56 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
twizzle

al cope wrote:
Driver seat comfort has been THE single biggest disappointment on my D3, so I was hoping the D4 would be better. I've yet to try one, so I'll keep my fingers crossed. At 6'5" I might be OK, the 3" being key (as my missus would tell you Whistle )

Al

don't hold your breath... it felt to me like the seat just does not go back far enough....(or the dash comes too far out more to the point.....very closed in like a RRS..... like you i fancied another inch or two on the seat pad or one of thoses bmw thingies that you can pull out.... i used to have a 3 series with that, fantastic seats.... could not fit any passengers in behind me though as the seat back touched the rear seat..... my test when buying a car is to get the seat comfy for me then ask the sales man to sit behind me.... funny as to be honest... i once saw a BMW sales guy fold himself in half to get into the rear seat of a 5 touring..... saying "plenty of room" ........ lying git
 i'm lovin it....  
Post #50741214th Aug 2009 4:26 pm
caverD3

Australia 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 SE Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

'the large one' seemed to fit into the D4 ok. Whistle
 â€œThere are only three sports: bullfighting, motor racing, and mountaineering; all the rest are merely games”
Ernest Hemmingway
D4 3.0 Active Diff, Adaptive Lights, High Beam Assist, Surround Cameras, Privacy Glass.
D3 2.7:Adaptive Headlights,Electronic Rear Diff,ARB Bar,Blaupunkt Speakers,JVC Powered Subwoofer,Removable Snorkel,Mitch Hitch,Pioneer After Market Head Unit,Steering Wheel Control Adaptor,Remote Adjustable Supension Rod System, Taxside Dual Battery System. 

Post #50758915th Aug 2009 3:08 am
twizzle

caverD3 wrote:
'the large one' seemed to fit into the D4 ok. Whistle

There's Large.... and there's LARGE.... Shocked
 i'm lovin it....  
Post #50786215th Aug 2009 7:58 pm
WOODY179

United Kingdom 

Whilst I was at my dealers today waiting for my D3 to be looked at I had a good look at a silver D4 HSE. What a car, the seats are so comfy, plenty of legroom and the new gadgets are 8) Like the keyless entry.

Would really like one but cannot justify it as I don't do much mileage (I've only done 16400 miles from new) and my D3 is immaculate.
 1996 Discovery 1 300TDI ES Biarritz Blue, sold
1999 Discovery 2 TD5 ES Rioja Red, sold
2002 Discovery 2 TD5 ES Buckingham Blue, sold
2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Adriatic Blue, sold
2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Zambezi Silver, sold
2011 Discovery 4 SDV6 HSE Nara Bronze, sold
2016 Volvo XC60 D5 AWD Lux Nav Twilight Bronze, sold
2020 Range Rover Evoque P250 First Edition, Nolita grey, sold
2023 Range Rover Evoque P300e Autobiography, Carpathian grey 

Post #50845417th Aug 2009 4:00 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >