Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > IIDTool Help

IID Tool and D4
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
XDAndy

United Kingdom 2011 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 XS Auto Nara BronzeDiscovery 4
IID Tool and D4

So, finally getting a little bit of time with my D4, and been poking around the options.

I’ve already set the 4x4 Info display, but was wondering what else was an ‘easy upgrade’

Anyone got any quick tips for what I can add with my IID tool?

Had read somewhere that I could update either the instrument pack or multimedia display to the 2012+ look, but not an option I’ve seen so far, but would be interested in doing it

Kind regards

Andy
 2011 D4 XS : LHD
2005 D3 HSE : reluctant sale, but moved abroad. Great car. 

Post #210740719th Dec 2019 11:07 pm
RogB

United Kingdom 

ive got a 2011 XS but mines MY12 8 speed so I think slightly different to yours

mine already had 4x4 info, and I had the timed climate added to the extra options screen. there are 3 options on IID you need to select to enable the time climate.

tried to do the fairy lights as DRL but they aren't fitted to basic halogen light units, id need to upgrade to Xenon but went for upgraded bulbs instead.

you can also set the lock/unlock to beep when you press the keyfob buttons.

if you've got the IID yourself just sit and play with the stuff that looks the most obvious, can always set it back if it doesn't work but if your not totally sure then just leave it as it is.

have fun, the IID looks a brilliant tool to have
 2011 D4 XS 305 MY12 - gone but not forgotten  
Post #210744420th Dec 2019 8:23 am
Bello35

France 2011 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Nara BronzeDiscovery 4

Hi there,

I've owned a 2011 since new. Having recently left my D4 at the stealer for the 7 year service, and being given a brand new Evoque as courtesy car, i realised how good and much i loved my D4. I couldn't wait to get it back. Let's say that i fell in love with it again..like in the first days. Razz Thanks Evoque!
I had NEVER done any Mods to it, completely original, till 2 months ago, when, in my last trip to England, I had the pleasure to meet Bodsy. He enabled the screen time climate for me. I also did the megaflush while in the UK. Back in France, i did "Robbie's DRL fairy lights Mod", love it! I've just fitted Ford's sunglasses holder, excellent adition, although it doesn't close completely with proper sunglasses. Some people may find it "KITSCH", and i was also esceptical, but i also fitted the Land Rover oval green logo puddle light; looks great! Excellent quality. Next, i'll install the rear quarters original storage net panels, seen in 5 seaters, as i manage to source them NOS!
I thought about the remap too, after speaking to Bodsy, but as i rarely use the incredibly strong 3.0L SDV6 engine, couldn't justify it.
Cheers.

Post #210763521st Dec 2019 10:43 am
Bello35

France 2011 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Nara BronzeDiscovery 4

Oops, forgot to say that i had never before thought of buying the IID tool, but now is at the top of my wish list.

Cheers.

Post #210763621st Dec 2019 10:53 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >