Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Maintenance & Mods (D3)

I'm not happy..edit.. I'm Happy
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 4 <1234>
AndrewS
Tarquin of the Desert 

United Kingdom 

In the past I have had parts replaced as a good will gesture on LR products FOC even though the warranty had expired.

The new system that Ford have introduced appears to be very strict. Evil or Very Mad

The way I look at it is I have paid over £40k for a car thats worth say £30k so I expect 3 years cover that should amount to £10k worth of kissing my ass type thing.

If this is the way its going to be then I will go to another manufacture.
 In the Beginning there was nothing, which exploded.  
Post #16818719th Jun 2007 12:50 pm
AndrewS
Tarquin of the Desert 

United Kingdom 

Here you go, This is what you lot could be looking at soon Twisted Evil

Click image to enlarge
Post #16818919th Jun 2007 12:54 pm
Mossy

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 4.4 V8 HSE Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

AndrewS wrote:
...The new system that Ford have introduced appears to be very strict. Evil or Very Mad

Well, they've got to make the books look good if they're trying to sell it. Rolling Eyes
 D3 HSE V8...  
Post #16819119th Jun 2007 12:57 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Very Annoyed

England 

The problem with this is that only LR can do warranty work and if the work is rejected then you're stuffed. Could be a case for office of fair trading as obviously a non-franchised dealer could do this work a lot cheaper.
 Loving the power of the TDV8!  
Post #16819419th Jun 2007 12:59 pm
NoDo$h

Ukraine 

Based on the following, I can see how they would try and wriggle on the wheel bearings, but I'd argue the toss on EPBs as they refer to normal service or maintenance operations and EPB adjustment doesn't come under either at present.

Vehicle warranty
Should any part of the vehicle require repair or replacement as a result of a manufacturing defect, the part will be repaired or replaced completely free of charge by any Land Rover dealer/Authorised Repairer, regardless of anychange of vehicle ownership during the period of cover.

Tyres defects are covered separately by the tyre manufacturer. However your Land Rover dealer/Authorised Repairer will assist you with any tyre claim.

The vehicle warranty starts on the day that the vehicle is delivered to the first retail customer and continues for three years unlimited mileage.

Note that only genuine Land Rover accessories fitted by a Land Rover dealer/Authorised Repairer, within 1 month or 1000 miles/1600 km (whichever occurs first) of the handover of a new vehicle will benefit from the same warranty terms and period of cover as the new vehicle warranty.

Land Rover Warrany exclusions:

Vehicle warranty

The vehicle warranty does not cover items that are subject to adjustment or replacement during normal service or maintenance operations. In addition, Land Rover is not responsible for any repair or replacement that is required as a direct result of:

· Normal wear and tear· Failure to properly maintain the vehicle in accordance with Land Rover´s maintenance schedules and service instructions
· Refilling or topping-up with incorrect fuel, e.g. petrol used instead of diesel
· Failure to use Land Rover specified parts or fluids (or parts of equivalent quality)
· Damage resulting from neglect, accident, or improper use
· Unauthorised modifications of the vehicle or parts (modifications outside of Land Rover specifications)
 I know it's not considered "kind" to say no these days, but no. Just no, ok? And if it's not ok, still no.  
Post #16819619th Jun 2007 1:00 pm
BarryG

Ireland 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Manual Java BlackDiscovery 3

AndrewS wrote:

Total Parts & Labour £627.83
VAT£109.87
Total £737.70

Wow Shocked Ford part's are getting expensive

Post #16823219th Jun 2007 2:04 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
AndrewS
Tarquin of the Desert 

United Kingdom 

Up-Date

This is what has happened

The bill for the work was sent to LR to be paid under a warranty agreement. The claim was rejected and the bill was passed straight to me. Now if it was work that I had requested that was my choice like extras or repair work required through my own fault, I would have had the usual discount applied that J V Like give me. J V Like are looking into this as we speak.
I dont see why J V Like should loose out by giving me discount when LR should pick up the bill Evil or Very Mad
Post #16824919th Jun 2007 2:41 pm
NoDo$h

Ukraine 

Regardless of the outcome, DON'T get a Mitsubishi in the belief it will be better. The UK importers are notoriously hard-nosed and do everything they can to quash competition. Parts costs are a bad joke too. Granted, the vehicle may prove more reliable, but it's not a patch on the D3 for comfort and flexibility.
 I know it's not considered "kind" to say no these days, but no. Just no, ok? And if it's not ok, still no.  
Post #16825419th Jun 2007 2:44 pm
Mossy

Does pose the question - at what point of the whole process do you know for certain that any repair work is covered by warranty if they can reject a claim after it had been passed to them [LR] by the dealer, and you leave assuming it's all taken care of?

Second question, and not a million miles from VA's point - where does choice come into the process of getting it fixed?

Whilst I agree that it is unfair the dealer gets stung for this, surely it is in their best interest to know that the repair they undertake is at your cost, their's or LR's under warranty? Given they considered it covered by warranty, else you wouldnt have the issue you have, (I am guessing this unless they mentioned it may not be covered), then I guess technically they are at fault?

That said you have a chicken and egg scenario. How can a dealer know it's wear and tear unless the work is undertaken and the warranty claim submitted? There has to be some trust and goodwill between all parties and that includes LR!
 D3 HSE V8...  
Post #16826119th Jun 2007 2:55 pm
AndrewS
Tarquin of the Desert 

United Kingdom 

I totally agree Mossy and VAs comments.

Before Ford were involved 99.9% of warranty repairs/replacement simply got pushed through the system. The dealers new what was passable and if they tried to pull the wool over LRs eyes and got found out they would get penalised.

The service manager at J V Like is looking into my situation now. The rear wheel bearing was on back order for quite some time so LR should have had enough time to accept or reject the work required and inform me of the situation. If it was rejected I should have been given the choice as to who would replace the bearings.

We are stuck between a rock and a hard place if this is how LR are going to play it.

Your car gets recovered you are given a loaner.
Your car gets stripped down and the repair is rejected by warranty.
What happens next Question get your dealer to replace the knackered parts Exclamation drop the loaner off and take to your car to your preferred repair centre. FFS what a pile of Censored Evil or Very Mad
Post #16827219th Jun 2007 3:28 pm
Very Annoyed

England 

Personally I think the very least LR should do is pay for labour, but really they should pay the whole bill.
 Loving the power of the TDV8!  
Post #16827319th Jun 2007 3:32 pm
NoDo$h

Ukraine 

I don't think any of the manufacturers particularly shine on warranty work. Some are more robust so are less likely to need it, but when it happens it can often be a ball ache once you have more than 20-30,000 miles on the car. Unlimited mileage warranty sir, covers everything that doesn't break as a result of being used
Post #16828419th Jun 2007 3:49 pm
Bodsy
Site Sponsor 

United Kingdom 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3

I have cover on my boiler at home. I don't usually opt for extended warranties, but I know that I don't want to be without a boiler and I don't want a suprise bill. So I have platinum cover which should cover me for just aboiut everything. Before I get any work done, i have to call up the insurer, explain the problem and get an authorisation number from them, then call the local repair company. If the value of the repair goes over a certain ammount, the repair company have to get additional authorisation from the insurance company before continuing.

That way, I'm aware of any costs that may be coming my way (or not as the case may be) before or at least during any repairs being carried out.
LR ext warranty should be run on that same basis, but clearly they are not. your annual premium is not an inconsiderable ammount and the service that goes behind that cost should match the level of the premium. Clearly in this case, it has not. and for a change, it doesn't look like the dealers fault!
 Bodsys Brake Bible

D4/D3 Remote FBH heat kits
BAS Remaps/ EGR Blank
Transmission Flush
Software updates/enabling

Clock/ SNOTM /3Flash / 4x4Info /BT Update /Service Reset/Error Codes / Gearbox Reset
See It Here 

Post #16829219th Jun 2007 3:57 pm
AndrewS
Tarquin of the Desert 

United Kingdom 

FYI
We are not talking extended warranty here the Blue Pearl is still in her standard un-limited mileage 3 year warranty.

The extended warranty has a £500 cap, anything over that requires an inspection by CarCare who will then authorise the extra.

CarCare are the underwriters that LR pass the extended warranty on to.
Post #16829819th Jun 2007 4:05 pm
Mossy

Here's a thought. Ask LR for the old parts back so you can get them independantly assessed and tell them they can have the new ones back. You didnt expect to pay and dont want to pay for something you thought was warranty and therefore will source elswhere - cheaper. It's a bluff, but you never know.
 D3 HSE V8...  
Post #16831319th Jun 2007 4:27 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 2 of 4 <1234>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >