Advertise on DISCO3.CO.UK
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > My Discovery 3

I'm ready to talk about it..
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
wvlenthe

Netherlands 2005 Discovery 3 4.4 V8 HSE Auto Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

One winter evening, long ago, I was going to go out with a girl and went by car -> bit nervous.
Too lazy to properly clean my windows, I reversed to leave the driveway and bent my rear bumper along just short of the whole drivers' side of my brothers new Opel Vectra.

Ran in, mentioned what I did and ran off.

My brother never mentioned it but gave me the repair bill - which was only fair.

As said before, it's only metal, be glad you're ok.

I'm not so sure I could have kept my calm though Embarassed Embarassed

Wiljo
 D3 V8 HSE Auto in Zermatt silver - driveway version gone but not forgotten, only the living room cupboard version remains  
Post #85946115th Nov 2011 9:47 pm
gordons

United Kingdom 2009 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 3

Oops
Glad you let him know that it didnt matter.

On the other hand it could have been worse, Someone from here could have been parked there!

Post #85946415th Nov 2011 9:52 pm
gerrymac

Ireland 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Manual Java BlackDiscovery 3
Right thing

Im glad you hadled it right I recall when I was about 8 my dad was off at work all day and his pride and joy was parked in the garage a ford cortina Ghia and my pride and joy was parked at the back of the garage BMX as I couldn't wait all day till he came home I decided in my infantile wisdom Whistle to pull the BMX up over the car to get it out as you can imagine I couldn't sit down for a week Big Cry

My son is 9 and a car nut just like me but I would like to think if or when he manages to do some damage I can handle it as you have done because its more important that he was not injured or worse. Disco can be fixed

Sell the wheel chair to cover the paint Rolling with laughter only joking
 Gerrymac

Common sense ain't all that common 

Post #85950215th Nov 2011 11:06 pm
woody32
Site Sponsor 

United Kingdom 2007 LR3 3.0 TDV6 SE Auto Bonatti GreyLR3

Evening all Thumbs Up
Some very interesting tales in that lot especially BLFarrar guess that puts things in perspective glad it all worked out very lucky,I guess he wont be the first or the last to do it and we had a laugh about it later on when we was telling family Laughing

amazing thats not a bad idea i could get him rubbing the filler down with 3000 grade paper that should take him some time Rolling with laughter

BBDisco3 I've just done his bedroom out in MAN U what do you reckon his face would be like if I changed his bedding for man city for when he comes down the weekend Shocked and don't get me on about prams and pushchairs she's only gone and bought another one Thud and may need your help again if poss Thumbs Up

So keep the tales coming in as I feel better after every one I read,
come to think of it I done a similar thing although not an "accident" to my dads car in 1982. Was only about 6 years old and we were just going on holiday. My sister ran out the house and jumped into the car, I ran after her but was to late she was already in the car and locked the doors so I couldn't get in. So ran back to tell dad but he was on the phone, so being impatient I ran back out to the car banging on the window begging her to let me in. That didn't work so i tried to kick my way in through the door and as I'm taking another run up and flying through the air with both feet out straight, dad walks out Shocked well lets just say my ass was on fire, and I had a very uncomfortable ride down to Cornwall but I remembered it and never did it again.
 Wanted D4s non runners pm for competitive price.
IID Pro MV License - D3/4 RRS - Enabling, Updates,Transmission flushing.
Mobile or workshop,PM for details.

Post #85952415th Nov 2011 11:44 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
bp

United Kingdom 

I think your reaction was admirable and about right my guess is the look on your face probably told him what he needed to know. I have lots but the one that sticks in my mind was when I borrowed my Mums car as mine was in a 10000 nd pieces at my old works and I was going in to work on it. It was the first brand new car my Mum had ever owned and she loved it dearly think it was about 3 months old she was a bit hesitant to lend it to me but I promised to be careful, I had parked it well out of the way on the other side of the shop rolled out from under my car to get a spanner and pulled the extension on the 110 lead that pulled over the arc lamp I had up that fell straight on to the drivers side of her car I was gutted but I got it fixed and all was forgotten
 Don’t worry it is supposed to sound like that...honest  
Post #85953116th Nov 2011 12:42 am
anglefire

England 

I passed my driving test some years ago and within 2weeks had written my mothers car off, when I span on a bend (Actually near Jasper Carrots house) and backed it into a tree at about 40mph.

Was a Fiat 126, so rear engine, which was pushed back into the body and both front seats collapsed - my mate who was also in the car was holding the underside of the seat at the time - and when the seats went, he didn't let go - so the pads on most of his fingers were half torn off.

My Mum wasn't best pleased Embarassed
 Mark.
2006, D3 SE Auto - gone but not forgotten.
2014 BMW 530d M Sport Tourer.
1977 Triumph Spitfire 1500

Post #85953916th Nov 2011 1:23 am
yorkshire_D3

United Kingdom 2009 Discovery 3 TDV6 GS Auto Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

woody32 wrote:
Cheers Flack your so right Thumbs Up

No..... no he's not! Laughing Thumbs Up

Post #86051818th Nov 2011 5:45 pm
duckworthparts
Site Sponsor 

United Kingdom 

when i was about 8 we were on holiday in France think my Dad had a Granada at the time, well i wanted to start the car up and begged for the key, but obviously wasn't given it.
So i then proceeded to find a suitable sized twig to try and start the car with that, needless to say i got a royal telling off that day.
took him about 2 hours to get all of the twig out of the ignition barrell
 Send a paypal payment direct using this link https://paypal.me/duckworthparts

Direct Line: 01673 849873
Email: [email protected]
Supplier of Genuine Land Rover & Jaguar Parts For All Models

Can also supply OEM & Aftermarket parts

Post #86052118th Nov 2011 5:52 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
BBDisco3

United Kingdom 

Woody32 - Sorry but I think you are now past help with your insistance of aiding and abeting of SWMBO and complete clening up of the used pram and trolley market. I know the price of scrap metal has risen but why does one person require 140 prams - sure you dont need that many to push the United team around when they spit their dummies out Laughing

As for Man City bedding - didn't think they made it for amateur teams Whistle

If its help with the haulage again then futire plans are Southport 20th Nov, Skipton 23rd Dec and on to Durham 27th Dec.

Wondor if the flag pole ever got put up on the garage?

Dont forget your sandwiches and flask for the M6 car park on Saturday - the Manchester Christmas Markets have started so there may be even more ques.

Is it too early to wish you a Happy New Year - soon be 2012 Rolling Eyes

B Thumbs Up

Post #86053518th Nov 2011 6:30 pm
woody32
Site Sponsor 

United Kingdom 2007 LR3 3.0 TDV6 SE Auto Bonatti GreyLR3

Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter God you make my laugh,I was wondering about the flag pole as well i expect he's still trying to unwrap it Laughing

Anyway i'm coming up tomorrow leaving home 0400 Shocked got to go to Wilmslow so if you get a strange man 6'4" holding a roll of cling film pushing a pushchair and asking for a bacon sandwich its only me! Thumbs Up

Christmas New Year that's miles away Shocked Thumbs Up
 Wanted D4s non runners pm for competitive price.
IID Pro MV License - D3/4 RRS - Enabling, Updates,Transmission flushing.
Mobile or workshop,PM for details.

Post #86060918th Nov 2011 9:03 pm
BBDisco3

United Kingdom 

I guess there were a lot of people that weekend wondering why someone had wrapped themselves in bubble wrap and cling film then lashed themselves to a ladder rack with just their hand stuck out of the front with very pale skin but very flexible wrist Laughing

4 am - well that will give to a good excuse to close your eyes at kick off time.

Yes Christmas - thats a whole 6 weeks to expand your fleet of Silver Cross - I hear even Father Christmas has swapped his sleigh for one Shocked

Post #86068919th Nov 2011 12:19 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >