Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > In Car Electronics (D3)

'Infotainment Relay'
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
bobbycrispbox

Australia 
'Infotainment Relay'

On the SE spec there is a 'Relay Infotainment' that switches the 12v supply to the satnav screen, nav module, telephone module and a few other bits and pieces. I want to use the output of this to power my freeview tuner. Either through a relay or not - I hope to be able to do it without because I don't have all the HSE toys like tv and TMC.

So my question is - where is the furthest back or easiest to locate switched 12v supply? There are ignition switched supplies all over the place, but I really want this to go on the infotainment relay so that it works when you just turn the stereo on without the keys in the ignition.

I'm hoping that wiggs or BBS have the answer, having seen a few different variants of the wiring looms recently Whistle

Post #49723418th Jul 2009 4:20 pm
10forcash

United Kingdom 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Manual Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

I know Ner Ner

and (thankfully) i'm not either of the above Whistle

Post #49730018th Jul 2009 8:52 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
blue meanie
D3 Decade 

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Manual Cairns BlueDiscovery 3

great idea Thumbs Up I'd like to know the answer to this as well if anyone feels like sharing Smile
 and theeeeennn......???  
Post #49731518th Jul 2009 9:42 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
BBS SPY
Site Sponsor 

Cyprus 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 Base 7 Seat Auto Bonatti GreyDiscovery 3

The infotainment relay is part of the CJB / Fuse box unit behind the glove box. What you really want to do is tap into one of the wires from it.
Going through 10 Amp fuse 58P it comes out on a single blue wire that runs along the back of the facia with a tap of for the touch screen, and then connects through a large black connector on pin 10 to the Infotainment loom.

Here it splits into any number of blue wires, one going to every infotainment item including Antenna amplifiers.

So really finding the most suitible / closest place to tap in really depends where you want to place your tuner. Simply find the closest bit of infotainment equipment / loom, look for a blue wire, test it with something like a spike probe to see it goes live only when the radio is switched on so you know you have the right one and voila, bob's your uncle.
I had to tap into mine to add TMC and Bluetooth PTI phone modules. I did find another blue wire which was not the right one so its important to check it as suggested.

I hope this helps, Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Thumbs Up

Post #49740919th Jul 2009 5:31 pm
matt_tdv6

2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3

Colin as helpful as always Thumbs Up

Bobby you say the HSE has all the toys including TV etc. but mine doesnt

Id like to fit one but dont think id get time to watch it unless it was enabled while driving Whistle which of course is very illegal

Post #49741319th Jul 2009 5:38 pm
BBS SPY
Site Sponsor 

Cyprus 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 Base 7 Seat Auto Bonatti GreyDiscovery 3

Well, i try my best Matt, i am obviously a busy chap, running a business and all, and having my own projects etc, but i will always try to find whatever time i can to help any member out as best i can.

Post #49743219th Jul 2009 6:52 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >