Advertise on DISCO3.CO.UK
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Technical (D3)

Instrument cluster - intermittent power loss
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
mronions

2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 XS Manual Stornoway GreyDiscovery 3

Aaaaaaand, I've just realised that it was you who gave me some cluster advice a while back!

Embarassed
 ***GONE*** 2007 XS Manual in Wet Weekend (Stornoway Grey) ***GONE***
EGRs blanked and deleted | RLD wheel protector | RLD aerial mount 

Post #16638536th Jun 2016 11:59 am
Frank_talia

Australia 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Auto Unknown ColourDiscovery 3

Hey guys
I am having the exact same problem but know it has got worse. The cluster only turns on for a few seconds when I start the car and then turns off. Blinkers still work. The red light still flashes and the handbrake light works. Other than that the cluster is dead.

Did anyone find a diy solution for this ? It's hard to find someone in Australia to fix somthing like this.
Cheers Thumbs Up

Post #18127718th May 2017 10:40 pm
Aedo

Australia 2008 Discovery 3 4.0 V6 Petrol SE Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 3

Hi Frank - I have the same issue. I've just removed the instrument cluster (following instructions on here) and am going to check all the plug contacts and see if that is the issue... will revert as soon as I know one way or the other.

Post #183208830th Jun 2017 5:09 am
Aedo

I couldn't find any issues with the cluster connection (was on a long cable so certainly wasn't stressed causing a poor connection). I got it back in after cleaning the terminals but hasn't made any difference - still intermittent with no specific time / temperature / rain or not / run time of the failure. Having another go tonight...

Post #18350609th Jul 2017 11:27 am
ds23man

Netherlands 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3

I have the same problem when the car is hot after a restart. I can get it working again by pressing hard on the trip counter reset button several times. Their must be crack or something like that on the pcb. Will take it out to check. Keep posted!

Post #184201729th Jul 2017 10:04 am
Aedo

OK... update time with a solution.

It has taken me a while to get onto this issue... a month ago I removed the instrument cluster (three clip on panels, two 25 torx screws and two 30 torx bolts - very easy!) and took it to a local place in Perth who were unable to find any problem... so bit the bullet and posted it to the UK to Autotronics. First class service and the cluster is back in my vehicle and working perfectly within two weeks.

In more detail www.autotronics.co.uk (no affiliation but now a happy customer) have the cluster repair on the website... when you select Australia they contact you to organise DHL (including customs outgoing and incoming) for shipping. Repair cost was £152.00 plus £100.00 for shipping was still significantly less than $1700 for a new cluster or $1,000 for a second hand one. I had them refurb both my remote keys as they were dodgy too.

In a nutshell I am a happy camper Thumbs Up

Post #185877518th Sep 2017 8:46 am
WJL-D3

Ireland 2008 Discovery 3 TDV6 Base 7 Seat Manual Siberian SilverDiscovery 3
Instrument Cluster fault- Random Loss of power

Did the autotronics fix, eliminate the problem as i have the same issue, looking to where to get fault fixed.

Post #194543915th May 2018 4:15 pm
parrafin23

Norway 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 Commercial Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3

I've seen alot of you guys having this issue, same happens here in Norway.
It would have been intresting to figure out what model year that are affected from this.
I'm guessing the most of you who have / had this issue has a 2007 rite?
I'm thinking it would be a good idea to find out if its only the 2007 models, and let new ppl who are intrested in buying this model year be able to easy access such info on this forum. Perhaps a pool or something of those lines.
Im my line of work, I visit residentials for service and repair of fibre optics equipment, and if I see any of em have a D3/D4 or rrs, i advice em to come on here and have a look if there is any issues or they have an questions.

There was one family that i visited, they bought a used D3, a my2007. I told em about the oil pump and the Ipac issue that "might" appear..
A year later i visited the same family, they have replaced the D3 with a D4. The head of the family recogniced me right away and thanked me for letting him know about these issues. He was unlucky.
Alternator died @the same time the ipac failed and the engine got locked up due to the oil pump issue. and this was all in one trip!!.

Mr.P

Post #194558716th May 2018 5:52 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >