Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Technical (D4)

iPhone connection problem...
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
cervantes

Romania 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Nara BronzeDiscovery 4
iPhone connection problem...

i just got my new D4 and although it is amazing, brilliant, excellent (a giant leap from the D3 that i used to own), i have a small problem with the iPhone:
if i connect the phone to the iPod socket in the armrest, it plays normal... but, if i turn on the bluetooth to connect the phone to the car, the music stops playing after 30-40secs... on the display it still shows the current song being played, but no sound is transmitted... if i play via bluetooth, again everything is OK, but i cannot browse the content of the iphone...

it is not an issue with the phone, since i tried an iphone 3gs and an iphone 4...

did this happen to anybody else? i assume it is a software glitch... but it is annoying...

thanx

Post #87268219th Dec 2011 11:34 am
Q86ARR

United Kingdom 2012 Discovery 4 5.0 V8 HSE Manual Bali BlueDiscovery 4

If you have a new 12MY you will need to connect the phone via blueetooth first. Then plug the cable in. LR engineers are aware of this issue and looking into it.

Post #87304619th Dec 2011 9:12 pm
Hamburger

Germany 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Sumatra BlackDiscovery 4

Same problem here with my MY12 HSE and IPhone 4s. IPod works without problems, though.

How exactly is connecting via bluetooth first going to help? IPhone (the phone part of it) is connected via bluetooth automatically. Or do you mean connecting the the phone as an ipod via bluetooth first? And then plugging in the cable and change setting to wired connection?

Post #87319920th Dec 2011 9:54 am
Q86ARR

United Kingdom 2012 Discovery 4 5.0 V8 HSE Manual Bali BlueDiscovery 4

Connet phone via bluetooth for phone function.
Then plug phone in to use as ipod.

This should also be done if you are connecting a different ipod and using the bluetooth for phone function.

Post #87401821st Dec 2011 8:34 pm
Hamburger

Connecting bluetooth first doesn't help. Still the same problem.

Post #87417022nd Dec 2011 8:23 am
RD3

New Zealand 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Orkney GreyDiscovery 4

I have the same issue with MY12 and iphone. I set it all up with Bluetooth first and then connected via the USB and can't get sound via USB, only via Bluetooth

Post #87417222nd Dec 2011 8:27 am
RD3

Tried it again today and it all works fine. The iPhone is bluetoothed in and then I can use it as an iPod by connecting to either the iPod or USB port. Sound works and normal iPod navigation. I am using a standard white apple cable.

Post #87460923rd Dec 2011 5:43 am
Hamburger

RD3: Did you try it for a longer time?
I do the same procedure you described and also use the standard white Apple cable and it also works at the beginning, but only for 1 or 2 minutes. Then the sound goes off suddenly. The display still shows the song playing...

Post #87463723rd Dec 2011 9:16 am
ponamore

United Kingdom 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 Commercial Auto Ipanema SandDiscovery 4

Hamburger,
I have the same problem, ipod plays OK but when I Plug iphone in it plays for a short time then sound goes off.

All the best

John
 looking forward is wise  
Post #87464423rd Dec 2011 9:27 am
RD3

I ran it for about 20 minutes today no problem. I just went and tested it again and if I start the car with the iPhone plugged into the iPod socket then the iPod playback cuts out the sound as soon as the iPhone completes the Bluetooth sync. However, if I allow the iPhone to sync first and then plug the cable in it will work fine as an iPod.

I am sure that wasn't the original behavior I saw, but since I first tried to use my iPhone as an iPod I have uploaded some CDs and connected my sons iPod touch with the cable after my iPhone had synced. It took ages for the D4 to connect to the iPod touch but it got there in the end.

In any event as long as I don't plug the iPhone into the socket until after it has bluetoth synced I can use it as an iPod.

Post #87469023rd Dec 2011 10:52 am
Hamburger

RD3,
is it an IPhone 4s you have?

Post #87473023rd Dec 2011 12:43 pm
MJIbex

United Kingdom 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Firenze RedDiscovery 4

iPhone operation in Range Rover Evoque and 12MY Range Rover Sport and Discovery 4

This bulletin is issued to highlight an operational issue on vehicles with the Gen 2.1 audio system, which can be experienced when playing audio from an iPhone. The issue occurs when the Phone is connected to the vehicle via Bluetooth at the same time as being used as an iPod via the hard-wire cable.
In particular the issue arises when the phone is connected with the cable before a Bluetooth connection is made.
This is due to the functionality within the iPhone which prioritises the last connection made. The effect is the sound is lost on the cable connection when Bluetooth connects, although the display will still show the track as playing.
If this happens, switching to Bluetooth as an audio source on the audio touch screen will enable the sound from the iPhone's iPod to be heard.
If touch screen control of the audio is required, the cable should be disconnected and reconnected, which will mean this is the last connection made and the iPhone will revert to playing the audio through the hard-wire connection.
It is good practice to plug the iPod in after the car has been started and the phone's Bluetooth connection has been made.
Please be aware, Phones with IOS 5 software will revert to the Bluetooth channel even after the process described above has been followed. The customer will need to either listen to the iPod via the Bluetooth connection or disconnect the phone from Bluetooth via the Bluetooth Media Player Menu, as the phone auto connects the customer would need to do this every cycle.
This situation is under investigation.

Mark

Post #87483823rd Dec 2011 5:59 pm
RD3

Well that explains why it works for me. I am using an iPhone 3GS and I have not updated to IOS 5.

Post #87500724th Dec 2011 12:17 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >