Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > In Car Electronics (D3)

iPod ACM + 2-way radio
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
bobbycrispbox

Australia 
iPod ACM + 2-way radio

Having not got around to getting an external speaker for my permanent 2-way radio installation, but wanting to have a play with it, I decided to plug it in to the RCA connectors of the iPod ACM. What a result. Very Happy When the radio is on, I get ipod from the LHS of the vehicle, and radio output on the right. When the radio is off, I get stereo ipod output. I can control the balance of the radio / ipod with the volume control of the radio and the master volumne on the stereo.

It works a treat, but I'm not sure it's 'as designed'. Can anyone tell me if the setup above will damage the radio, iPod, ACM or stereo?

Post #30475431st May 2008 12:17 pm
90BHP

United Kingdom 2009 Discovery 3 TDV6 XS Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 3

oooooh tell me more, is this something I can do with my Entel ?

Will have a go at sorting once my replacement car arrives, ironically I have to have a new ipod kit too as this one is broken Rolling Eyes
 "To finish first, one first has to finish ...."  
Post #3055112nd Jun 2008 6:42 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
TallPaul

United Kingdom 
Re: iPod ACM + 2-way radio

bobbycrispbox wrote:
get ipod from the LHS of the vehicle, and radio output on the right. When the radio is off, I get stereo ipod output. I can control the balance of the radio / ipod with the volume control of the radio and the master volumne on the stereo.

It works a treat, but I'm not sure it's 'as designed'. Can anyone tell me if the setup above will damage the radio, iPod, ACM or stereo?

I suspect as the radio is mono, this is why you only get one channel (right), if you swap red/white wires you get left only I expect.

What's interesting is that Radio still comes out of other channel, thats strange, interesting feature though well discovered!
 Disco3 is now gone but not forgotten. Waiting for Disco6 with full aluminium construction weight reduction and hybrid engine...  
Post #3058463rd Jun 2008 11:28 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >