DISCO3.CO.UK > In Car Electronics (D4)

iPod Connectivity/Playback - Intermittent Issues
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>
MeanDorris

United Kingdom 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 XS Auto Baltic BlueDiscovery 4
iPod Connectivity/Playback - Intermittent Issues

Hello Smile ,

A great find this forum, my first post...

After a few weeks use of my iPod Touch with the D4 XS I have started having issues.

Sometimes the iPod is not recognised or I get a device error, sometimes it connects and plays but only through the left speaker channel and sub but not the right speakers (sat nav, radio etc are fine) and sometimes it will be fine from start up.

Sometimes after driving a while the iPod will suddenly kick in, but will then drop out again, also sometimes the right speakers will just kick in at somepoint if it has been playing just through the left speakers. I have tried another iPod but the same problems occur.

The symptoms sound like there is just a dodgy connection somewhere?

Is this something I can call LR Assist to come out to investigate?

Any other owners had the same/similar issues?

Thanks

Post #63482812th Apr 2010 1:42 pm
thriftwood

United Kingdom 2010 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 4

Hi
I have the same issue Sad
System was working fine for about 4 months and then suddenly one day (just after I closed the cubby lid) it decided to only play through the left channel and has never played anything out of the right channel since. Sad
I get occasional device errors too although these go away if I re-connect or just swap between the radio etc and the ipod.
The ipod works perfectly through my home dock and every other input in the car (inc USB) works fine.
Dealer seemed to think it might be dirty connections on the ipod/cable but they seem fine and it sounds like a loose connection somewhere in the cubby lid.
Car going in for its assurance work tomorrow and I have asked them to look at this too (as well as the aeroplane spotting halogen infill lights) so I will report back on what they find.
Richard

Post #63488812th Apr 2010 4:38 pm
MeanDorris

Thanks.

I'm very interested to know what they find.

Please keep me posted.

Post #63550713th Apr 2010 8:00 pm
thriftwood

Pah! Evil or Very Mad
Well I am no further forward - Dealer had the car all day and say they have completed the assurance update (not a mention of wine or chocolates) but apparently didn't have time to do anything with the headlights or do more than try a different cable from another car with the iPod. This made no difference and rather than try my iPod in the other car, they assumed the iPod was at fault (despite me telling them it worked fine in other docks) and decided that they would like to keep the car for another day so they could try another iPod in it.
Bottom line, I needed the car back tonight and no loaner was available so it is booked back in next week (still no loaner) for them to look at - what a complete shambles Sad
I hope you dealer is better than mine. Sorry definitely grumpy tonight Sad
Richard

Post #63557413th Apr 2010 9:50 pm
MeanDorris

Hi Richard,

Thanks for the update, but sorry to hear that your dealer has been messing you around a little.

It's always a bit lame to blame to 3rd party device (i.e. iPod) without even taking the 2 mins to check it in another vehicle.

As I mentioned, I have tried different iPods in mine so I know that's not the issue, at the moment the device cannot even be picked up/recognised.

Emailed my sales contact at the dealer on Monday (the D4 is less than a month old) to enquire about the procedure to gert the problem investigated, no reply as yet, but he had only just come back from hols on Monday so prob has some catching up to do...

Out of interest, what problems are you having with your headlights?

Dean.

P.S. - I would def make a point about asking for the wine/chocs!

Post #63568014th Apr 2010 9:13 am
MeanDorris

Richard,

A further update for you.

I have spoken to my dealer and apparently the dealer's bosses wife has had the same problem in her RRS and as you can imagine the issue is accordingly high priority!

They have done the obvious stuff and have been badgering Land Rover and apparently it has been suggested the ECU may need replacing.

The are expecting to swap this out next week and will advise if it has cured the problem, you may want to point your dealer in this direction.

Hope that helps.

Post #63588214th Apr 2010 5:03 pm
eelpout

United States 2010 LR4 5.0 V8 HSE Auto Stornoway GreyLR4

My LR4 is at the dealer today for this very issue. from the comments here I'm not expecting any miracles. Sad Though they are throwing in a new software update that came in recently so maybe that will help. My wife's Infiniti has had no problems with any iPod/iPhone we've put in it.

I'm also having Bluetooth issues with my HTC phone. But that I'm pretty sure is a phone issue. It was more stable on my LR3 however.

Post #63597214th Apr 2010 8:19 pm
eelpout

United States 2010 LR4 5.0 V8 HSE Auto Stornoway GreyLR4

Just got back with my LR4 and the dealer fixed the iPod issue. It was a loose connection somewhere under the center console tunnelway. 8)

Post #63611415th Apr 2010 2:54 am
MeanDorris

Thanks for the info eelpout, I'll pass that onto my dealer.

It's interesting thay you also mention some bluetooth problems as I have been experiencing some also and wondered if it was related.

Sometimes, and again just intermittently, the phone will not get picked up at all. I have tried other devices when this happens and it seems like the Land Rover is just not transmitting a bluetooth signal, wonder if it's all connected to the same wiring loom.

What specifc bluetooth issues are you having.

I was actually going to ask Richard this morning whether he had any bluetooth issues also?

Post #63617615th Apr 2010 9:29 am
thriftwood

Hi
Sorry for the delay - real life intruding again Smile

Thanks to all for the feedback on the iPod cure - It definitely sounds like a loose cable on mine as it happened when I shut the cubby lid. I'll mention this thread to the dealer when it goes back in next week.

The issue with the lights is one that several members have had where the halogen main beam infill lights point into the sky - I find this quite distracting when I am driving along country roads and there appears to be a searchlight tracking the car in the hedge/tree tops - The following thread has more info and a picture of the issue. http://www.disco4.com/forum/maintenance-mods-d4-vf45.html

I have only used the built-in bluetooth a couple of times - and have not noticed any issues. I tend to use a Jawbone headset most of the time - better noise suppression and more private Thumbs Up

Richard

Post #63619915th Apr 2010 10:16 am
MeanDorris

Richard,

Did you car go back in again, did you get the ipod issue fixed?

Post #63974022nd Apr 2010 1:53 pm
thriftwood

Dean
I had to postpone my planned visit to the garage yesterday as I needed the car and no loaner was available. Booked back in on the 4th May (first day loaner available) so hopefully they will fix it then. I seem to be getting more device errors now - often won't play at all Sad
Have you had any joy with getting yours fixed yet?

Richard

Post #63984922nd Apr 2010 6:30 pm
MeanDorris

Richard,

Thanks for the update. Yes, mine seems to have given up the ghost completely - still charges though.

I popped into the dealer on Saturday and tried a different cable and also popped out and swapped over the connection box inside the cubby but to no avail.

Wating to hear whether changing the issue in the other car has solved the issue, will give them a chase tomorrow...

Post #63986222nd Apr 2010 6:54 pm
thriftwood

Dean
Car was in garage yesterday and they found a broken cable somewhere between the cubby and the dashboard.
Unfortunately the replacement cable is on back order, so I don't yet have a date for a fix Sad
They took some pictures of the light patterns and have sent a TQ to LR to see if they agree that there is something wrong.
Hope they've fixed yours.
Richard

Post #6451785th May 2010 6:09 pm
MeanDorris

Richard,

Thanks for the update.

At least they identifed the fault for you, shame that you now have to wait further for the replacement items.

Mine also remains unfixed, the bosses wife seems to not be too keen to relinquish her vehicle so they suggested I book mine in instead and they will try the parts, it sounds like they have a replacement wiring loom as well as the replacement ECU.

I was waiting for a book in date (they were a bit slow in coming back to me), they called on Friday but I haven't called back to book in as yet, it's going to the body shop next week for a re-spray for my keyed bonnet so it's not likely to be until the following week (if I can suffer the inconvenience for a second week running, loan car from the body shop will be a bit poxy).

Have been using an SD card via USB adaptor in the interim which is pretty good but miss having the playlists.

Hope yours is fixed soon, it sounds like the same problem as the other poster in this thread, would be interesting to hear from anyone else with the same issues, seems like it's not an islodated incident...

Will be interesting to hear what LR have to say about your lights issue, have been thinking about going for Bell Auto's Xenon Light upgrade.

Dean

Post #6452205th May 2010 7:59 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >