Advertise on DISCO3.CO.UK
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > General (D4)

What is in the back of the D4 Commercial?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
deezul

United Kingdom 
What is in the back of the D4 Commercial?

Greetings Forum Friends,

I am new here and I am thinking of trading up to the D4 (SDV6) commercial from a Hilux Invincible 200. The LR website is a bit light on pictures/descriptions of what is in the back in the way of panels/flooring/coverings/hooks/ can anyone point me to some pictures?

I have been looking around the forum for the last couple of hours and can't find anything, although I think I will be leaving the ABS panels attached to the rear glass windows.

Also what is the latest on a new build delivery? Dealer told me late January 2011 is this reasonable and honest?

Anyone used the snow traction system this winter yet? Is it a useful addition or does the D4 cope well in deep snow, I've had 500 mm plus up here in sunny Aberdeenshire.

What tyres come as standard on the commercial?

Kind regards

Deezul
 Good luck  
Post #73019712th Dec 2010 7:36 am
LiftedDisco

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 Commercial Auto Barolo BlackDiscovery 4

Push your dealer hard and ask for a demonstrator... LR have two on their fleet (although I have one of them at the moment whilst I wait for my vehicle to be built...) and you should be able to get a 2 or 3 day go with one.

They are lined from tailgate to the load restraint bulkhead with phenolic ply and they then cover this with a rubber mat.

I haven't looked at the tie down points but can do if you need any information. The windows to the back doors have the ABS covering - these appear to be fully bonded to the window trims and are fairly well fixed - haven't looked at the trims over the very back windows.

It's an awesome bit of kit - you will need 5 posts in order to PM me, but when you get there, let me have your e-mail addy and I'll send over some photos!

Hope this helps

Rob
 D4 Commercial - 65 Plate, 2016MY

D5 Commercial - Handed back when I left that job…
D4 Commercial (2014MY) - gone
D4 Commercial SDV6 - Baltic Blue (also gone)
D1 300TDi... 2" lift, HD bumpers (both), detachable tow hitch, 9,500lb winch, 235/85/16 muds and plenty of other toys (gone to make way for the next toy...)

Smiles per Mile - Tornado Motorsports caged Evo 3... 100" Defender look-alike, with Range Rover running gear - all fully IVA'd and registered! 

Post #73057812th Dec 2010 11:51 pm
deezul

United Kingdom 

Many thanks Lifted Disco.

Post 2

Kind regards

Deezul
 Good luck  
Post #73104113th Dec 2010 11:27 pm
LiftedDisco

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 Commercial Auto Barolo BlackDiscovery 4

Two emails on their way...

D1 300TDi... 2" lift, HD bumpers (both), detachable tow hitch, 9,500lb winch, 235/85/16 muds and plenty of other toys (gone to make way for the next toy...)

Smiles per Mile - Tornado Motorsports caged Evo 3... 100" Defender look-alike, with Range Rover running gear - all fully IVA'd and registered! 

Post #73144214th Dec 2010 7:59 pm
ian3321

Got mine last month. Removed plastic covers over back windows. Not got the windows working yet, i'll do them in spring. I Love the car.
Ian.
STDV6

Post #73726426th Dec 2010 1:26 am
Geo

Scotland 2015 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 Commercial Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4

What's in the back of a commercial? I have put absolutely everything I will ever need, plus plenty room for everything else. There is a mass of under floor storage where the rear seat was and in the footwell.
First job, remove the panels covering the door glass, easier for exiting junctions.
Plenty of grip in the standard tyres. I have pulled a fully loaded Transit van on packed shiney snow and also an articulated lorry through an uphill snowy junction, even though his trailer had slid sideways and the wheels were in deep snow. The look on all the other drivers faces when the D4 managed this was pricless.
Great vehicle, I would buy another one tomorrow if I suddenly needed to trade in.
I think D4 commercials will still be close to five months from ordering to delivery.
Regards Geo.

Post #73728626th Dec 2010 8:40 am
sbrown

United Kingdom 2011 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 Commercial Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4

Good stuff to hear - still waiting for mine. Due in March, ordered in June.

Still can't understand why they can't but reversing camera on until now!!!

Getting closer though and really excited hearing others reports! Very Happy Very Happy

Post #73820128th Dec 2010 8:13 pm
D4Comm

England 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 Commercial XS Auto Corris GreyDiscovery 4

Will be similar in the back of D4 to the back of my D3. See pics in my gallery.
 11 RR 4.4 TDV8 Smile
15 D4 Comm SDV6 Smile
58 RR 3.6 TDV8 (Gone)
12 D4 Comm SDV6 (Gone)
08 D3 Comm TDV6 (Gone)
54 D2 Comm TD5 (Gone) 

Post #74721115th Jan 2011 6:14 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Ent

Iraq 2011 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 XS Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

sbrown wrote:
Good stuff to hear - still waiting for mine. Due in March, ordered in June.

Still can't understand why they can't but reversing camera on until now!!!

Getting closer though and really excited hearing others reports! Very Happy Very Happy

I'm in the process of fitting the full surround cameras so the reversing camera is a minor issue
 Club Exped trailer
Club Timed Climate
Club Flappy paddle steering wheel
Club 300bhp
Club Prospeed test pilot/lab rat
Club National Luna Stella conditioner 

Post #74724915th Jan 2011 7:10 pm
JPG

United Kingdom 
COmmercial Disco

I'm interested in a D4 Commercial, but wondered what would be involved to convert it to a 7-seater sometime in the future. Dealers have proved apathetic, although one mentioned that LR now weld-up the bolt holes to prevent retro seat/seat-belt fitting. Ideally, I'll buy a LHD one, use it in the UK for 12+ mths & then export & convert it when i plan to move abroad. Any advice welcome. Regards JPG

Post #74738715th Jan 2011 10:28 pm
LiftedDisco

Hi JPG...

Firstly, welcome to the forum..

What are the reasons for wanting a Commercial in the first instance? My desire is driven by the fact that the company car tax means that I can drive around in a D4 for a fraction of the cost of having the pervious Audi A6 Avant - dealers will simply not want to know about any kind of retrospective seat fitting as the vehicle HAS to leave LR as a commecial conversion in order to retain the tax status.

As such, they prefer to remain deaf and dumb to any such questions... indeed, you are far more likely to find your answers on here!

The back of the Commercial has a full length phenolic ply floor in it as well as a substantial bulkhead - the mounts for all of this lot is put in with 'anti-tamper' screws, meaning that many of them need to be drilled and reverse tapped in order to get them out... a real pain in the posterior but around a good morning for two of you!

Once this is all out, you can fit standard D4 seats, but they are rarer than hen's teeth and you will need to find the seatbelts etc - 2nd row seats and ancillaries can be found but the third row can be problematic.

Depending on your needs for the first year of ownership (and tax status), you might be better talking to Nene Overland in Northamptonshire (not a forum sponsor, so apologies if this is not allowed) who may well have a LHD vehicle in and who can do the car to commercial conversion whilst also providing you with all the seats etc so that you can re-convert when it suits you at a later date...

Hope this helps

Rob

Post #74764716th Jan 2011 2:42 pm
SHARKYSHARKS

England 
Re: COmmercial Disco

JPG wrote:
I'm interested in a D4 Commercial, but wondered what would be involved to convert it to a 7-seater sometime in the future. Dealers have proved apathetic, although one mentioned that LR now weld-up the bolt holes to prevent retro seat/seat-belt fitting. Ideally, I'll buy a LHD one, use it in the UK for 12+ mths & then export & convert it when i plan to move abroad. Any advice welcome. Regards JPG

Speak to Pete at BAS one of the site sponsors, i was talking to him regarding this subject i think he has priced up for such a conversion
Cheers
Sharks.
 MY18 D5 HSE LUX😎
MY12 Freelander SD4 HSE
44 Tonne 12 Litre 6x2 Scania T cab (Current)
Freelander 1 (Wrote off 😫)
Ex D1
Ex D2 GS
Ex V8 D2 GS
Ex D3 S
Ex D4 GS
Club skip ya lockers !!!
Club BAS remote heater !!
Club Duratrac
Club Phillips DRL
Club Prospeed Rack Mk 1
Club Prospeed Rack Mk 2
Club Sankey
Club RLD spare wheel protector

Post #74767816th Jan 2011 4:22 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
JPG

United Kingdom 
LHD D4 Commercial

thanks Rob & Sharks

Post #74798917th Jan 2011 1:14 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >