DISCO3.CO.UK > Technical (D3)

Climate Control Fault
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Gabbs

Australia 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Auto Chawton WhiteDiscovery 3
Climate Control Fault

Hi everyone,
I have an interesting fault with the climate control system.
When the outside temperature is around 20oC and the engine has not fully warmed to normal operation temperature, the climate control system will blow out warm air. When the engine is fully warmed the climate control will then blow out the correct temp air - all without me touching any controls.
I can make the climate control system blow cool air if I drop the temp adjustment.
It seems to only happen when the outside temp is within a few degrees of the set temp (I normally keep at 21 or 22).
The dealer did not find a fault.
Has anyone else experienced this problem?

I have a 2007 TDV6 S.

Cheers
Ian
 '07 TDV6 S with Pedders HD springs (40mm lift), cargo barrier, reversing camera, Prodigy brake controller  
Post #5953532nd Feb 2010 10:35 am
Baben

South Africa 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Cairns BlueDiscovery 3

I have a similar issue, but not as pronounced, ie. when exterior temp is close to the set temp of 22 deg, the system doesn't cool, yet when I back the setting off to 21 the cold air kicks in. I kinda just learnt to live with it.
Have tried cleaning the climate control air temp sensor below the left of the steering wheel (RHD) - it was full of fluff & dust, but cleaning it achieved nothing.

2006 TDV6 SE

Software issue perhaps? When I get my faultmate back from cyprus maybe I can fiddle

Post #5953722nd Feb 2010 11:11 am
discoBizz

United Kingdom 2008 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Tonga GreenDiscovery 3

Not a founded reply but I think this is normal behaviour Gabbs as it takes a while for the internal temperature sensors to establish cabin temperature.

When in full auto, the CC system uses three sensors IIRC (one by the steering column, one on the dash next to the centre speaker position and one in or around the rear view mirror) and blows hot/cold in attempting to maintain the set temperature. Circumstances such as being parked in the sunlight and/or shade affect the sensors as they change cabin temperature. And clearly the engine temperature as well as the system cannot blow hot air till the coolant reaches a certain temperature.

Hope this helps, wouldn't worry too much about it... Maybe someone more technically oriented can give you more info on the exact workings.

Cheers Thumbs Up

Post #5953762nd Feb 2010 11:16 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Gabbs

Australia 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Auto Chawton WhiteDiscovery 3

Thanks guys for your responses.
I am going to spend some more time understanding the conditions around when this occurs and if there are any simple things I can do to fix.

Cheers
Ian
 '07 TDV6 S with Pedders HD springs (40mm lift), cargo barrier, reversing camera, Prodigy brake controller  
Post #5970674th Feb 2010 9:01 pm
DiscoJools

Australia 2010 Discovery 4 TDV6 Base 5 Seat Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

My RRS does exactly the same thing. I have asked the dealer and they say that all D3s and RRS do it. Even when testing a new RRS from cold I noticed that it pushes out hot air until the engine was warm. If I set my temp to 21c and the temp outside whether 12 or 24 it always pushes out hot air until maybe 10 mins after starting from cold. I now turn the temp down to 16 or 17 when I start from cold and then adjust after the engine reaches temperature. it's a nuisance and I have not come another car that does it!
 2.7 D4 eDiff, Traxide Dual battery, Safari Snorkel...Opposite Lock winch bar..extra set 17" wheels with 245/70/17 BFG KM2 MTs..Warrior winch..Long range tank.
1982 2dr RRC renovated.
1983 Range Rover 2dr fitted with 300Tdi (with bigger turbo), 40mm body lift, Warn 9000i winch and BFG MT 265/75/16. Rear Maxidrive locker
1976 Landcruiser BJ40 with tipper body for the farm!! 

Post #5991768th Feb 2010 7:52 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >