DISCO3.CO.UK > Finance, Insurance and Warranties

Is this a good insurance quote?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 3 123>
Moo
D3 Decade 

Ukraine 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Manual Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3
Is this a good insurance quote?

05 D3 S Manual. 44 yo male, 9 NCB (protected) Director, 4 named drivers, 3 claims in 3 years (1 very big), de-cat, Allisport and remap, business use. Annual mileage 20k. Stored on the road in a village outside Bath. £807 with £250 excess.

Post #78837221st Apr 2011 5:21 pm
azurar01

United Kingdom 2011 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Zermatt SilverDiscovery 4

Hi Moo, not sure if it is good; guess it depends on named drivers as well. Have you tried the comparison web sites ? I got a good quote from 'More Than' that way.
 D4 SDV6 HSE 11MY - Gone
D3 TDV6 HSE 08MY - Gone 

Post #78838621st Apr 2011 5:52 pm
grzesiul

Poland 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 SE Auto Loire BlueDiscovery 4

that cheap feckers raised mine 150 this year bunch of Censored

Post #78838721st Apr 2011 5:57 pm
DSL
Keeper of the wheelie bin 

Ukraine 

Moo who with?? I had real problems getting a reasonable (but still expensive) priced cover with all my mods. Went with NFU. Thumbs Up

Post #78838821st Apr 2011 5:58 pm
J@mes

England 2014 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 XS Auto Corris GreyDiscovery 4

Probably not too bad, considering 3 smashes.

I pay half that, and I'm half your age with 4 points. But I have no mods, one other driver and no claims.

Whistle
 2014 D4 XS
2005 D3 SE - Gone 

Post #78839121st Apr 2011 6:02 pm
Moo
D3 Decade 

No comparison website would touch it because of the mods.

I suppose its difficult to tell but it doesn't seem too bad to me. i was just curious to see if anyone with a similar profile had anything i could compare against.

Post #78839521st Apr 2011 6:34 pm
ZacSmith

United Kingdom 

Moo

Not bad.

My policy with Admiral

05 D3 S Manual. 35 yo male, Director, 2 named drivers, 3 claims in 1 yr (1 very big), business use. Annual mileage 14k. Stored on the road in London. £860 with £350 excess.
 VIN: A175A328***  
Post #78846821st Apr 2011 8:52 pm
Mark Y

United Kingdom 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Sumatra BlackDiscovery 4

Sh**e makes me feel better about renewing my insurance this month less than £300, fully comp protected no claims, one claim in last 6yrs and one named driver Thumbs Up Thumbs Up

Post #78848521st Apr 2011 9:16 pm
Andy Foster

United Kingdom 2015 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 SE Tech Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4

Got my renewal through and it had gone up by over £500. Insured through Bell which is a part of Admiral. Dropped my milage from 20k to 5k as I dont use the D3 for work anymore and the quote came back as the same as last year give or take. What did p Censored s me of is that I had a not at fault crash lat year and was charged an extra £120 or so for the privallage. When I quizzed the sales person I was told I live in a high risk area. I stated that the crash was outside my postcode and all they said is thats the way it is. Asked what is the point of protected no claims and was told that only comes into affect if you have an at fault claim. But still happy I dont havr to fork out £1100 as originally quoted. I think you just need to change insurers every year to get the best deal. Have stuck with Bell as they did handle my claim last year spot on.

Andy

Post #78851821st Apr 2011 10:00 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Bonehead

United Kingdom 2011 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Auto Buckingham BlueDiscovery 4

Andy Exactly the same thing happened to me a couple of years ago. I was hit by another driver I was paid out by his insurance and mine wnet up the following year.

W@nk3rs.

Post #78874522nd Apr 2011 5:51 pm
Bodsy
Site Sponsor 

United Kingdom 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3

Moo, rip their hand off! With your accident history I think that's a very good price.

I have full ncb, 39, Swmbo and me for domestic and business use. 18k/year no claims and I'm paying just over £800. Includes off road cover.
 Bodsys Brake Bible

D4/D3 Remote FBH heat kits
BAS Remaps/ EGR Blank
Transmission Flush
Software updates/enabling

Clock/ SNOTM /3Flash / 4x4Info /BT Update /Service Reset/Error Codes / Gearbox Reset
See It Here 

Post #78874922nd Apr 2011 6:01 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
CGA

England 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Manual Java BlackDiscovery 3

A word of caution re the comparison sites;
Don't trust that the information you entered during your search is what is reflected in your quote!
I say this because I had a good quote recently, but on checking the actual insurance companies scedule, the milage was recorded as lower than what I had entered, as was the value of the car (by £6k). When I rang them up to rectify these errors, all of a sudden it wasn't as competative after all. If I had not checked prior to completing the transaction, I have no doubt that any claim would have been difficult to progress on the grounds of "you did not provide full and accurate information" blah, blah,blah. If I had noticed the errors on receipt of the paperwork and then cancelled, they would have tried to sting me with a £45 cancellation (or administrartion) charge. I think that there may be a case for implimenting the statutory 14 day cooling off period, but as they would already have my money, I would emagine it would have been an uphill strugle.
It strikes me that they doctor the perameters to offer a what on the face of it is a lower quote to attract your money, but if unoticed they will have ample wriggle room to Censored you off when you need them. Call me a cynic if you wish.
On a related note, the company I finally went with (Allianz), wanted a photo copy of my driving licence. My initial reaction was that they could Censored off, no way was I supplying them with a legal document like that. However, when I cooled down, I recognised it for what it was; there are so many people out there trying to defraud insurance companies that I should feel reassured that they are taking steps to reduce fraud. After all, as lawfully insured drivers, we are paying enough already for those who arn't.
In the end, yes my insurance premium did go up, but not excessivly, and I can live with it.
BTW NFU quoted me nearly £800, which is more than double what I got it for, and I allready isure a horse, tractor and building/contents with them. What price loyalty?
 CGA  
Post #78877422nd Apr 2011 6:23 pm
Captain Slow

United Kingdom 2008 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Atacama SandDiscovery 3

Bodsy,
who are using - I've just been quoted a thimble short of £1000! full no claims & offroad cover. I'm with NFU but might not be for much longer..... Whistle
 Prince Harry's D3: G4 factory equipped D3 - expo rack, winch, roof lights, ladder, active locking rear diff, RAI, Melville & Moon seat covers, General Grabber ATs/ Goodyear Duratrac  
Post #78878522nd Apr 2011 7:01 pm
hotrocks

United Kingdom 2009 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 XS Auto Siberian SilverDiscovery 4

I have just had the pain or renewing for this year, I have been with NFU for a long time but they went up from 650 to 1200 this year and could not reduce it even with a lot of pressure to keep other business from me.

I shopped it around and have ended up with Tesco of all people, got it for 550 which is 100 cheaper than last year but I lose an employee off the policy (with him it was 950).

I am 40, self employed sole trader, 9 years + NCB, no accidents, convictions etc

Misses is on the policy and has a similar profile although she is employed by Plod.

We are both covered for business use, windscreen cover, legal, uprated hire car and protected no claims.

Shoved it on monthly direct debit for a 40 quid sur charge and I am still paying less per month than last year by 20 quid so happy days.

Just to make you laugh... the insurance changed over at midnight on Monday last - at 10.20 pm I had an 'incident' involving two kayaks inside my car and a sudden desire to brake hard when a little old lady pulled out in fromt of me... result.... one new windscreen. I took great delight in calling the NFU and putting in a claim the following morning as they still covered me when it happened... hee hee

Post #78880522nd Apr 2011 8:14 pm
Moo
D3 Decade 

Thanks everyone. from what I've seen it looks pretty good.

I've been using Aplan insurance in Tooting for years and each year they always seem to produce a good quote but with excellent customer service. Their claim service is great too.

I think I'll stick with what i know.

Post #78882922nd Apr 2011 9:18 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 3 123>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >