Here it comes ...
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
disco4x4au

Australia 
Here it comes ...

Yikes!

I'm picking up my new D3 tomorrow!! Very Happy

Silver/ebony TDV6 SE - locking rear diff, Cooper STT tyres + ARB bar and winch Very Happy Very Happy

Guess my patio is going to remain unfinished for at least the next few weekends!

Now just have to think of ways to occupy myself for the next 1 380 minutes Sad

Cheers,

Gordon

Post #4749914th Mar 2006 6:38 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
PCH

Australia 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4
Re: Here it comes ...

Is your Stealer fitting all of these non-genuine accessories?

Chris
 2011 Discovery 4 (MY12) SDV6 HSE with General Grabber AT's, Traxide Aux Battery system, custom rear drawers and Autosafe half height cargo barrier

Gone - 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE
ARB Bull Bar, Warn 9.5XP Winch, IPF D/Lights, Cooper STT's, LR Raised Air Intake, Traxide aux battery system, custom drawers and half height Autosafe cargo barrier, Mitchell Bros 4x4 tow hitch 

Post #4750014th Mar 2006 7:43 am
disco4x4au

Australia 

Chris,

Not directly - I got the finance company to organise them to arrange it with ARB and TyrePower. The winch is being fitted next week.

Cheers,

Gordon

Post #4750114th Mar 2006 8:02 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Mossy

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 4.4 V8 HSE Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3
Re: Here it comes ...

disco4x4au wrote:

Guess my patio is going to remain unfinished for at least the next few weekends!

You dont need a patio anyway... it's an off-roader and would prefer the rough Laughing
 D3 HSE V8...  
Post #4750914th Mar 2006 9:39 am
disco4x4au

Australia 

Well it's 5 days later, and the missus has just managed to prise me out of the car Smile So much for hte patio ......

First impressions are all good - the performance is simply amazing (maybe that's just me coming from a D1 200TDI) and so far more than impressive in the sand. My only complaint so far would be that the brake and accelerator pedels seem a little close together, but I can live with that! The winch, dual batteries and bullbar get fitted Wed. Then it's a trip down south to visit the vineyards, and a forest trip the following weekend Very Happy

Post #4847719th Mar 2006 4:02 am
angrd020

United States 2005 LR3 4.0 V6 Petrol SE Auto Tonga GreenLR3

May the many miles greet you with many smiles or as is the case with the DISCO3 a PERMAGRIN!!! Laughing

ALR
 2005 Tonga Green Land Rover LR3(Yes I wheel it!!!)
2002 Shale Green Jeep WranglerX(Yes I wheel it!!!)
1994 Red Jeep Cherokee (Use it as a spare vehicle)

DO IT! DO IT NOW!!! 

Post #4847919th Mar 2006 4:10 am
PCH

Australia 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

disco4x4au wrote:
The winch, dual batteries and bullbar get fitted Wed. Then it's a trip down south to visit the vineyards, and a forest trip the following weekend Very Happy

Disco4x4au,

It's hard to wipe a smile off your face for a while when in the new D3.

Just a word of caution on the dual battery set. Do a search on this Forum and find some posts about compatibility with the D3.

Divesafe is very knowledgable on this topic and it maybe worth a PM to him to find out more.

Chris
 2011 Discovery 4 (MY12) SDV6 HSE with General Grabber AT's, Traxide Aux Battery system, custom rear drawers and Autosafe half height cargo barrier

Gone - 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE
ARB Bull Bar, Warn 9.5XP Winch, IPF D/Lights, Cooper STT's, LR Raised Air Intake, Traxide aux battery system, custom drawers and half height Autosafe cargo barrier, Mitchell Bros 4x4 tow hitch 

Post #4848319th Mar 2006 6:04 am
disco4x4au

Australia 

Chris,

Thanks for the tip. I had read the posts on AuLRO regarding the battery charging voltage issue - I think I've got that resolved however, using a sensing circuit I had built for a similar issue in my camper-trailer (I carry a lot of computing equipment around). I'll let you know how it works out!

... still grinning ...

Cheers,

Gordon
 ex - 2006 D3 TDV6 SE, silver, with lots of stuff - R.I.P.
ex - 2009 D3 TDV6 SE, silver, had lots of stuff too!
Now - 2010 RRS 3.0 TDV6, rimini red, 18" rims + Cooper LTZ, rear eLocker, Spider tuning box, GOE protection plates and rock sliders, GOE 3way shortened rods. 

Post #4867319th Mar 2006 11:48 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >