Advertise on DISCO3.CO.UK
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > My Discovery 4

Its at the dealers Oh no its not its on the drive.
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Russell

United Kingdom 

discoburt wrote:
Looks very smart russel!!! I have joined the d4 club now and i must say i'm very impressed! Thumbs Up

So what have you got and where are the pictures
 MY17 D5 1st Edition Namib Orange
MY15 D4 HSE Kaikoura Stone
MY12 D4 HSE Nara Bronze Sold and gone
MY11 D4 HSE Stornaway Grey Sold and gone
D3 S spec Silver Sold and gone
Tow bar, full length roof bars, side steps, tow bar storage unit, surround camers.
D4 camera club 

Post #86934110th Dec 2011 8:33 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
loveit

Come on Russell.
We're all dying from the suspense.
Tell us a story Thumbs Up

Post #86934510th Dec 2011 8:39 pm
Russell

United Kingdom 

OK
having had original D4 for two months it developed the smoke issue that so many have had. After much to and fro with dealer (who were very very good) a new turbo was fitted, this was 8 months later and was the first vehicle in UK to have the modified turbo installed. Well on start up at the dealers it made a very load metal squeal, off with body again and wait for new turbo to be made again. New turbo installed again two weeks later and car eventualy back to me, three months later or there abouts car starts to smoke again, not as bad but just noticable. After time this was getting considerably worse. Arrived back from France in August and car smoking badly again, dealer still working hard to get it fixed along with a lot of help from a very good LR customer services manager. car went in and was at the dealers for several weeks, I was put in nice new D4 by LR to run around in. Eventually after lots and lots of parts changed and body removed again, LR customer serivces authorised a new engine both turbos and several other major components. During this time I spat dummy out and said the car should be replaced for all the agro I have had. LR customer services manager worked hard and came up with a to good to refuse deal that saw me in nice new MY12 D4 HSE with me having to find only a few pounds Very Happy Very Happy in comparison with a normal px Thumbs Up
I must say that the dealer and the LR customer services manager were very very good and that it was LR technical that were a little slow to help move things on, they did in the end but with a lot of pressure from the dealer and LR customer services manager.
Tow bar, full length roof bars, side steps, tow bar storage unit, surround camers.
D4 camera club 

Post #86935010th Dec 2011 8:57 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Hairy Dan

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 Landmark LE Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4

Great result Thumbs Up
 Cheers Ian
--------------------
Club N.E.R.D.S
Kielder 4x4 Safari
Discoless 

Post #86935210th Dec 2011 9:03 pm
devonchilliman

England 

As Ian said ...great result Thumbs Up ,glad it worked out well
 Www.devonchilliman.co.uk  
Post #86935610th Dec 2011 9:14 pm
Russell

United Kingdom 

Thanks to this forum and some of the members who supplied me with contact details Thumbs Up Bow down
D4 camera club 

Post #86936310th Dec 2011 9:23 pm
Russell

United Kingdom 

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Here are a few more pictures, started themods today, side steps fitted, front light gaurds fitted.
Noticed some minor changes today, when parking sensors star to bleep the radio volume goes down slightly and bak up when bleep stops. Gearbox is very smooth, took it on a run along a very twisty road with some tight bends and the box was very good. HBA appears to have been improved, a lot quicker to react. Also noticed that the Pirellies have gone and now comes with GY Wranglers as standard. Key fob is also much smaller and more rounded, not as chunkey.
D4 camera club 

Last edited by Russell on 12th Dec 2011 8:40 am. Edited 4 times in total 
Post #86980412th Dec 2011 2:51 am
Hairy Dan

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 Landmark LE Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4

Looks great Russell, you may want to edit the photo of the sat nav screen as it sort of gives your address away.
 Cheers Ian
--------------------
Club N.E.R.D.S
Kielder 4x4 Safari
Discoless 

Post #86981112th Dec 2011 7:22 am
Russell

United Kingdom 

Cheers. Thumbs Up
D4 camera club 

Post #86982012th Dec 2011 8:31 am
devonchilliman

England 

Witt Woo Thumbs Up
 Www.devonchilliman.co.uk  
Post #86988412th Dec 2011 11:28 am
Blue62

United Kingdom 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Sumatra BlackDiscovery 4

I collected mine on Friday and just thought I'd throw in a few comments. There are a couple of minor fit issues, battery cover (probably the dealer), gearshift surround and cup holder plastic not sitting correctly, but a careful thump seems to have sorted it. Otherwise the quality seems spot on, I'm especially impressed with the ride quality and noise insulation, it's almost limo like. I love the driving position and the engine/gearbox although there is some hesitation at take off, but I think this will settle down. For the money I think the spec on this car is exceptional, haven't got to grips with the nav yet but everything else seems pretty intuitive. This is the biggest car I've ever driven though and parking has been 'interesting', but I'm sure I will get used to it. The Sumatra looks more solid than metallic and will be a nightmare, but overall I'm very impressed.

Post #86995312th Dec 2011 3:29 pm
ronp

United Kingdom 2014 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Corris GreyDiscovery 4

Very nice Russell.

Hope you're really happy with it.

After what you've been through it seems like time now for you to get more enjoyment from D4 ownership Thumbs Up
 I was a normal heterosexual chap, but in these new woke awakenings I now identify as a Wardrobe.  
Post #87029213th Dec 2011 12:00 pm
stick

United Kingdom 2010 LR4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Auto Izmir BlueLR4

I wonder what happens to Russell's old car? Whistle Wouldn't want that 2nd hand!
 d4 HSE  
Post #87040013th Dec 2011 4:51 pm
Russell

United Kingdom 

stick wrote:
I wonder what happens to Russell's old car? Whistle Wouldn't want that 2nd hand!

Why it has a brand new engine, new turbos and loads of other new parts, it drove better than ever and was better on fuel than it ever was despite not been run in yet.
D4 camera club 

Post #87044213th Dec 2011 6:25 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >