Advertise on DISCO3.CO.UK
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > My Discovery 3

It's taken 10 months but all of a sudden I get the point!
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
wilsonmg

England 

DSL. . .like it are they desert boots on top of your beer fridge... Rolling with laughter
 Still miss my D3 Sad  
Post #56272610th Dec 2009 12:08 am
DSL
Keeper of the wheelie bin 

Ukraine 

Absatidellingtootlie!!! Still got sand from the Sahara in them c/o the last Tunisian Trip. Engel still has the last few cans of the beer for that trip, OTW so they have survived. Thumbs Up Thumbs Up

Post #56273010th Dec 2009 12:11 am
WaznotWas

England 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

JDO330

Hope you don't mind me asking but which steeler are you going to??? I was in my local stratstone yesterday and they had a couple of reasonable 2nd hand D3's looking for new homes.

If you're not going to them maybe worth a quick scan of their used vehicle selection to see what's on offer....

Eitherway, even if you have some small issues, faults etc, (every car does don't they), the car overall will leave you with a Mr. Green impressed and feeling satisfied too - so will all the family. Laughing 8)
 FORECAST FOR TONIGHT: things have happened out there!!!
The countryside is still OURS!!
Club 3 Musketeers, Club D3C, Club Midland CB, Club Vertex PMR, Club GNVP Sump Plate, Club GNVP Sliders, Club Uncle Ray Spare Wheel Protector, Club Smooth Steering Wheel, Club McStuckie
07 HSE Z Silver, black leather, Black RRS badges,
19" anthracite wheels - off, 18" Silver / General AT2's - on,
300 TDI Disco 1 - Sheltering the lawn! 

Post #56276110th Dec 2009 1:03 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
DSL

Ukraine 

I keep moaning about LRs but I run 2 cause they are the best cars for what I want to do with them. OK they have issues and I've had my share if problems but what other car does what it does, in the dunes in Tunisia and 5 days later back home taking the junk to the local tip, having brought 200 bottles of vino back from St Emillion?? I just think these cars are great in spite of, not because of Land Rover's build quality!!

Post #56278410th Dec 2009 2:30 am
JDO330

United Kingdom 2009 Discovery 3 TDV6 XS Auto Rimini RedDiscovery 3

Thanks all for your responses so far, it really is very helpful.

So an update.

Well, I did go to Stratstone in Slough today to view a 2007 SE but I think I might have just bought a 2009 XS Confused I say 'might have' because I just need to finalise a few small details before making the jump!

The 2007 model (in my opinion) wasnt a very well cared for one. It had too many scratches on it and the interior had not worn well. Some may say "thats what you get with a 3 fear old car" but our 3 year old Honda is absolutely immaculate (we are talking 2 stone chips and thats it) and my Octavia is 4 years old and that is better too - yes, im a fussy sod but I couldnt bring myself to part with more money for an equal age car in worse condition. Neutral

Anyway, the XS appears to have most of the spec I want (sat nav, leather, rear parking sensors, bluetooth etc), shame it doesnt have the front sensors or elec / heated seats but hey, I think I can like without those (we dont use the heated seats in the CRV so are used to a cold bum!).

What do you think guys?

ATB, Jon.

Last edited by JDO330 on 10th Dec 2009 4:46 pm. Edited 1 time in total 
Post #56304010th Dec 2009 4:27 pm
MrH

United Kingdom 

Every car brand has it's quirks. I've driven Audi's for the last 9 nine years and had a v8 4.2 engine blow with 176 miles on the clock in my S4 the day I picked it up Shocked and numerous other issues with previous ones.

The current D3 belongs to MrsH and I'm currently waiting for my D4 to arrive next month because as DSL said above, you can't beat a D3/4 for versitility, one minute you're driving to town for the shopping, next a run to the refuse tip, then a jaunt through the desert/bush/greenlane or out for a night with upto 6 people in posh clothes all with the same vehicle - you just can't beat them for what they are - GREEEEEAT!!

Also, check with site sponsor 10forcash, but front PDC's should be an easy retrofit (they were on 2005 model vehicles, but LR could have changed that, so worth checking Wink )

New forum member Eric came with me to Tunisia in October, fell for the D3's comfort and is now the very proud owner of a D3 himself. His comment to me last week was, "for the first time in more years than I care to remember, I enjoy driving and look for an excuse to go out in the car". Ok, the memory thing could have something to do with his age Whistle (Sorry Eric, couldn't resist Laughing)
 LRs are a fond memory, apart from the maintenance.  
Post #56305110th Dec 2009 4:45 pm
DSL

Ukraine 

MrH, taking 6 mates out but not in your D3!!! Ner Ner Mind you mine has only 2 seats so s'pose can't talk!! Didn't you also say that it was easy peasy to retrofit heated seats???

Post #56305610th Dec 2009 4:59 pm
MrH

United Kingdom 

Heated seats can also be done, but not everyone would want to go to the expense of OEM one's like I did.

That said, I've installed WAECO ones into a Disco1 300TDi and they worked fine, I just went a bit mad with the D3 mods as you well know Embarassed
 LRs are a fond memory, apart from the maintenance.  
Post #56309110th Dec 2009 5:52 pm
NeilD

United Kingdom 2011 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4

If it feels right then do it. Only you can decided. One thing is that once you've had a D3 you never look back! Thumbs Up

(unless its on a low loader)
 My Youtube Channel http://www.youtube.com/user/NeilDisco#p/u/5/Dz4-Q95GQ2c
Photo Sets http://www.flickr.com/photos/16658684@N08/sets/72157625275139752/ 

Post #56314310th Dec 2009 7:07 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
JDO330

United Kingdom 2009 Discovery 3 TDV6 XS Auto Rimini RedDiscovery 3

Well chaps, Ive gone an given a deposit on the D3 mentioned in my post above.

Here is a link if your interested: http://www.stratstone.com/vehiclesearch/us...l?qs=false

Im having the glass tinted from the B pillar back, think I will go dark, dark (limo I think they call it??) and also some front parking sensors (with the cam bus so they switch off over 10mph etc).

Other than that, well chuffed. Very Happy

Looks like I will be on here a lot more from now!

ATB, Jon.

PS, I didnt pay anywhere near the screen price so pleased about that as well. Very Happy

Post #56316310th Dec 2009 7:41 pm
ad15

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Manual Tonga GreenDiscovery 3

Quote:
One thing is that once you've had a D3 you never look back!

and there's me thinking it's JUST BMW drivers that don't look in their mirrors..... Whistle
 one wife.......livid  
Post #56318010th Dec 2009 8:02 pm
fourcrowthers

United Kingdom 2009 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Unknown ColourDiscovery 3
audi q5

haha, yeh i know what you mean, my friend crashed her q5 in the snow, she claimed her xc90 wouldnt have slid downhill like that. I miss my disco3, having to replace it with an x5 was badddd... its snow capabilities are appauling. Im getting rid asap and coming back to land rover... disco3/4 or range rover :S

Post #5727131st Jan 2010 10:27 pm
Ulysses

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Cairns BlueDiscovery 3

JDO330

Yep, I've just done the same...given back my company car and bought a 2006 HSE 2-days ago...have been looking and wondering for past several months and hanging about this site for a while. Well plunge taken, now just have to start enjoying driving again.
 2006 TDV6 HSE
2008 Harley-Davidson Road King Classic
2005 Honda Pan European ST1300 

Post #5727241st Jan 2010 10:54 pm
character

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Auto Alaska WhiteDiscovery 3

well with 313,000 miles now showing on me 05/55 disco3, I can honestly say that I will miss him, loves towing, ace fun in the snow, you'll not go far wrong with a disco3. If thinks do go a bit wonkey along the way (and they will), you've always got these guys to help. Thumbs Up

Post #5727842nd Jan 2010 1:00 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >