Advertise on DISCO3.CO.UK
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Maintenance & Mods (D3)

JE or Turbochip
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
LRtuning

2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Adriatic BlueDiscovery 3

Winger, when have we not communicated with you? I try and get on the forum every day but if I'm away then I wait till I get back.

Simon, we are always open with our answers, have a look at all my threads on this forum and RR Sport.

We do not focus on upmarket vehicles but Disco3 and RR Sport have become a major project for us.

Our customer service is 2nd to none and we always try to do things differently from the main stream companies.

Ask JE to come to your house or place of work at 7pm on a Friday night!

With regard to the differences between TC and JE's tune I would imagine that the cars will drive very much the same as both companies have concentrated on a good 'strong' increase in torque where it is actually required.

If you all looked at the Superchips dyno graphs you will be amazed to see that there is no increase in torque (at all) @ 2000 rpm whereas ourselves and JE have targeted this engine speed (rpm) to increase torque considerabley where it is most needed.

Forum members should know that JE has consulted TC several times over the last 12 months concerning TDV6 tuning, involving not only Jonathan but JE's German dealer Gary Oakley from Kohler Automobile

I am actually glad that we have JE in the market place to keep all the other 'players' at bay and forum members can be assured whether they choose TC or JE they will get a quality product! Smile
 Money talks.Sex sells.Mud sticks.Time flys. Censored happens.People talk.Impressions last!  
Post #3927326th Jan 2006 8:11 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Vo Rogue

2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Arctic FrostDiscovery 3

turbochip wrote:
<snip> please read http://www.disco3.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2688

Good response. For me the interest is in the low end anyway as Driveability at legal speeds more or less (needing Torque) rather than high speed (needing Horse Power) suits my requirements. One question that both JE and TC might like to answer though is whether the EGT's for either product are significantly higher than standard as this is an indicator of starting to stress things.

Last edited by Vo Rogue on 26th Jan 2006 9:34 am. Edited 1 time in total 
Post #3927526th Jan 2006 8:32 am
prawn

2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

Having run an Audi RS4 with 520bhp on 26psi of boost Shocked for the last 69K miles I am happy that tuning is not an issue on cars etc.

I also think the two cars would run pretty much the same, I was just interested in a direct comparison.

Think I will be going with TC basically as it is more convenient for me.
 Zambezi Silver TDV6 HSE - TC'd
Discovery 300tdi - 119K and still going strong
Radical Clubsport 1100 - for a bit of fun 

Post #3928326th Jan 2006 9:02 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >