Advertise on DISCO3.CO.UK
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Maintenance & Mods (D3)

Just fixed (hopefully) a leaky sunroof..
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
ar_ken

Canada 2006 LR3 4.0 V6 Petrol SE Auto Java BlackLR3
Just fixed (hopefully) a leaky sunroof..

It was pouring rain last night here in Toronto (Canada). I parked my truck outside and when I got back inside my truck, I noticed the area around the airbag badge on the A-pillar was wet.. I knew it was my turn to get the legendary leaking sunroof.

Anyways from the research I had done on here, I found out the "solution" to the problem, which is to nip off the end of the drain hose located behind the front fenders.

I had my friend put an air gun through the drain opening on the sunroof. At the beginning, the air coming out from the end was very weak. After a few more tries and some unknown debris hitting my face, my drain tube was finally clear.

The only negative in this process is that the passenger side air vent grille, which had its lower tabs broken off while I was trying to remove it. Can anyone post the proper steps to pull it off? I don't really plan to do this process any time soon, however I might want to buy a new side grille and put it on... it's now being held with the upper tabs as well as some silicone on the bottom.

I spent almost 3 hours with my hairdryer to dry the floor boards... I believe there might still be some moisture down there, but I will continue to dry it using the hairdryer... or if anyone can suggest any other quicker/more efficient way it would be really appreicate it!

By the way I really like to say thank you to whoever that posted information about the fix. Razz

Post #6465759th May 2010 1:51 am
DiscoDunc

England 2010 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Aintree GreenDiscovery 4

Welcome Thumbs Up

Re air vent : grip it at the bottom and give it a good pull out and then silghtly up in an arc. you should then be able to pull it down a bit and remove. refit with a bit of silicon spray or grease and it will come out a lot easier next time.

this is a useful little read about water leaks : http://www.disco3.co.uk/gallery/albums/use...eneral.pdf
 Duncan
-----------------------------------------------------
If I'd known I was going to be so thirsty this morning I'd have drunk more beer last night.
FFRR Autobiography 4.4 SDV8 MY17
D4 HSE MY13 SOLD
FFRR 3.6 Vogue TDV8 SOLD
D4 HSE MY10 SOLD
D4 SE TECH MY15 SOLD
D4 XS MY12 SOLD
D4 HSE MY10 SOLD
D3 HSE MY06 - Re-Cycled Worldwide 

Post #6466059th May 2010 8:15 am
ar_ken

Canada 2006 LR3 4.0 V6 Petrol SE Auto Java BlackLR3

Thanks for the reply. I'm debating whether to get a new grille or just leave it as is.. right now it's being glued on with silicone and it's holding on relatively well..

Just another question for the wise men/women on here, after doing the "mod" on the drain hose, do you have the leak re-occur to you? I'm actually going to make "cleaning out the sunroof drain hoses with compressed air" as part of my regular maintenance.. Likely the same as my oil change interval... 8)

Post #6466909th May 2010 3:45 pm
MacLeod 313

Scotland 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

I have a spare grill for sale, but probably not financially viable for you

http://www.disco3.co.uk/forum/topic50316.html

At a guess, I think it would be approx £10-£12 to post to you via airmail

Post #6466989th May 2010 4:20 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >