Advertise on DISCO3.CO.UK
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > General

just found this site, well done! ...questions...
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Sib

United Kingdom 2012 LR4 3.0 SDV6 GS Auto Fuji WhiteLR4
just found this site, well done! ...questions...

Firstly well done to all who set up and use this site, I have found from BMW bike sites how useful they are.
I am a furniture maker in Bath and my LR history is 1952 S1, 1972 S3, 6 Defenders, 3 Disco`s with currently base 7 seat manual which gets used everything (and intend to use it in Morocco as I tend to visit there to off road)and I thought I might post my observations and ask some advice from all..

- I find the D3 generally superb, it rides better than the current RR in my opinion and is far more practical. However, I find the removable tow bar height too low, even the Ifor Williams people thought so too. I find the 30 mph limit on the high suspension setting far too low, 55 would be better as I often drive across farm tracks an Moroccan pistes are taken at above 30mph. The second seat headreasts should be able come off. The steering wheel should have higher height adjustment. The Land Rover roof bars are useless for me because they are too short, anybody need some ? I`m ordering the Atera bars thanks to seeing them on this site. I find the 17" wheels give a more comfy ride than the 19" fitted to one which MJ Fews lent me during a service but really want to fit BFG AT tyres to them , anyone know if BFG plan to make this size or do I have to change wheels ?

I have had bad handbrake problems, MJ Fews had mine for approx 3 weeks in total where thay had to replace all handbrake parts, twice, but was lent Disco3 HSE Auto in meantime but I found auto used approx 15% more fuel and I never used the extra toys, but I did like the sunroof to lighten up the grey grey ! Sand colour interior gets too marked for me. Despite using low box etc for towing take off, the clutch started to play up recently, MJ Fews happily fitted a newly available heavy duty clutch under warranty.

I would love more info on the raised air intake.. does it impede on performance at all like I found it did on my Defenders ? Is it a proper sealed system all the way to the engine or more just for looks? How exactly does it fit on ?

I`ve heard that the new Defender will have forward facing rear seats (for baby seats) and the Transit engine (which you all know about) I hope they fit a six speed box to it..

thats it for now..

Sib Bath

Post #7947719th Aug 2006 12:25 pm
DrLex

Iceland 
Re: just found this site, well done! ...questions...

Sib wrote:
I find the 30 mph limit on the high suspension setting far too low, 55 would be better as I often drive across farm tracks an Moroccan pistes are taken at above 30mph. The second seat headreasts should be able come off. The steering wheel should have higher height adjustment. ..

Sib Bath

Agreed - I understand that Turbochip and others are looking at ways to amend this setting.
Second seat headrests do come out - just push in recessed tab on the other side as you depress the main adjustors.

Great car - just loaded it up with Gymkhana (sp?) stuff for this morning and still plenty of room for passengers.
 Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana

Member of Club Med Sucks 

Post #7947919th Aug 2006 12:59 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >